Edulix

Full Version: i screwed up big time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
My name is Pranav I am a graduate student in uta in my 4th semester doing mechanical engineering. I got an F in the very first semester which put me in petition from the first semester, but tried to regain good academic standing every semester and got A and missed a lot of A just by 1/2 marks and got B this time was my last petition and couldn't satisfy the conditions and my advisor said that my only option is to transfer to another university. I was wondering if you have any guidance for me in this subject.
Hi pranav93

You need to tag seniors to get answered.

Silent_Killer
The_Observer
Edulix_Editor
I am sorry but i cannot offer a perspective here. Wait for EE sir or T_O to answer
I'm afraid I can't help you with advice on how to continue in your current program. I can help with general transfer related queries.
(05-19-2017 08:26 AM)The_Observer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid I can't help you with advice on how to continue in your current program. I can help with general transfer related queries.

i am looking to transfer to other universities but my question is can i transfer given that my cgpa is below 3 if so is there a list of universities which i can transfer to ?
I have no information on your exact circumstances, but I think if a single subject could bring your grade up, I suggest that you talk to a professor and explain your situation. We normally think it is unfair to other students to give extra work to a student in trouble and help their grade; but in cases like this where a collective effort over a year is at stake, exceptions could be made. It does sometime work.

Good luck

EE
(05-20-2017 07:22 PM)Edulix_Editor Wrote: [ -> ]I have no information on your exact circumstances, but I think if a single subject could bring your grade up, I suggest that you talk to a professor and explain your situation. We normally think it is unfair to other students to give extra work to a student in trouble and help their grade; but in cases like this where a collective effort over a year is at stake, exceptions could be made. It does sometime work.

Good luck

EE
I have tried talking to the professor multiple times and every single time he has not given a positive response anytime and he is not replying this time. I have mostly given up hope on continuing at the same university. I know that more than a year of progress is going to waste but since i have no other option, I am actively looking to transfer. I have shortlisted some universities to apply and mail the grad advisors about:
1. UT tyler (Easy)
2. UT El paso (Easy)
3. UT dallas (Very Hard, but if some on has an idea about it ?)
4. Wayne State Univ
5.Unv of North Texas
6.Unv of Tulsa (?)
7.Lamar univ
8. Lawrence (Easy)
9.Wright State
10. Univ of New Orleans

but my question is is there anyone who has been in such a situation with my GPA got admit anywhere here and if so how did you do it.
Or any general advice is much much appreciated.
Reference URL's