Edulix

Full Version: Fall 2018 | MIS | G.R.E 314(Q161/V153/AWA- Awaiting) | GPA 71/100 | TOEFL 99
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GRE - 314 (V153 Q161, AWA-Awaited)
CGPA- 7.1

Work Ex - 23 Months HPE
LOR’s - 2 Employer 2 Professor

TAMU (MIS)
IUB (MSIS)
UCinn (MSIS / MSBA)
Buffalo (MIS)
UMCP (IS)
CMU (MISM)
U Mich Ann Arbor (MSIM)
U Washington (MSIM)

I have taken GRE yesterday and I aimed at getting a 320 in GRE but fell short of my expectations. (Powerprep 1 and 2 was in range of 318-20 with Quants 167,165, ETSBOOK TEST 165,164) Quants was way harder then any of the mocks i gave.

MY MAIN AIM IS TO GET IN either Kelly or TAMUC,

Shall i retake GRE. Or can i expect admit from kelly if i write a good SOP.

My Infobank:
http://edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=332230
Nope, I'm not of help here. Please do not tag more than five seniors in one post. None gets a notification else.
Also, mention about your experience in info bank - profile, skills, employer, etc.
Tagging as per The_chharraa's suggestion.
dhruvkwal
Silent_Killer
MSmaverick
Wildwayfarer
maddy1621
Edulix_Editor can u helpme out with this. Or maybe tag the seniors.
Hi hiback

Except UCinn, they are all highly ranked and competitive. The data suggests that you need GRE > 318/320 for most of them. You can use the 3rd graph in AdmitTrend to see average for each of these universities.

My advice is for you to add 4-5 safe to moderate programs.

Ambitious
TAMU (MIS)
IUB (MSIS)
Buffalo (MIS)
UMCP (IS)
CMU (MISM)
U Mich Ann Arbor (MSIM)
U Washington (MSIM)

Moderate
UCinn (MSIS / MSBA)

Safe
GMU
UTD
etc.....

Get started with this and with the help of UniSuggest and AdmitTrend, please do come back with a list of 10 programs total with all categories. Will give a final comment on those.

cheers,

EE
Can you update infobank with your work ex details like the technology you worked on and brief job duties.

Also, if you aim for some top notch univ's I would suggest retaking GRE.
(08-04-2017 03:48 AM)maddy1621 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you update infobank with your work ex details like the technology you worked on and brief job duties.

Also, if you aim for some top notch univ's I would suggest retaking GRE.

Thankyou will retake gre

(08-04-2017 12:06 AM)Edulix_Editor Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @[hiback]

Except UCinn, they are all highly ranked and competitive. The data suggests that you need GRE > 318/320 for most of them. You can use the 3rd graph in AdmitTrend to see average for each of these universities.

My advice is for you to add 4-5 safe to moderate programs.

Ambitious
TAMU (MIS)
IUB (MSIS)
Buffalo (MIS)
UMCP (IS)
CMU (MISM)
U Mich Ann Arbor (MSIM)
U Washington (MSIM)

Moderate
UCinn (MSIS / MSBA)

Safe
GMU
UTD
etc.....

Get started with this and with the help of UniSuggest and AdmitTrend, please do come back with a list of 10 programs total with all categories. Will give a final comment on those.

cheers,

EE

Thanks mate. I am taking gre again.
If you can retake the GRE, definitely do so.
hiback
Sry for the delay. I was going through the end of semester exams, so didn't log in last week.

You can apply for TAMU or Kelley, but as other seniors pointed out - having a better GRE score gives you a leg up over other candidates. And if you have time, give another shot at TOEFL and try to score above 100.

All the best my friend Smile
(08-05-2017 11:44 PM)The_Observer Wrote: [ -> ]If you can retake the GRE, definitely do so.

(08-06-2017 12:32 PM)MSmaverick Wrote: [ -> ]@[hiback]
Sry for the delay. I was going through the end of semester exams, so didn't log in last week.

You can apply for TAMU or Kelley, but as other seniors pointed out - having a better GRE score gives you a leg up over other candidates. And if you have time, give another shot at TOEFL and try to score above 100.

All the best my friend Smile

Thank you guys.
I have a plan to retake toefl and will probably aim for 110.
And yeah i will give my GRE again in September and will aim for 325 this time.
With 325 and 110 and a decent SOP & LOR all the schools mentioned would be within your reach
Reference URL's