Edulix

Full Version: Query regarding scope of MS in Mechanical in US
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I am applying for MS in US in Mechanical Engineering(Fall 2018) with a focus on Design Stream. I was confused about programs such as Masters in Design Engineering vs. MS in Masters with a focus in design vs. Masters in Product Design. Like, which of these has a better scope? And, how to choose between them?
Thanks for the help guys!!
There is no fundamental difference between them, except few course requirements. AT the end, employers want Res with good design background (solids/vibrations/fluid/machine and thermal), great FEA capability and great CAD skills. Experimental background in characterizations will also help a lot. In either streams, if you prepare yourself with these skills, you are good to go. Yes are always desirable.

cheers,

EE
(11-15-2017 05:15 AM)Edulix_Editor Wrote: [ -> ]There is no fundamental difference between them, except few course requirements. AT the end, employers want Res with good design background (solids/vibrations/fluid/machine and thermal), great FEA capability and great CAD skills. Experimental background in characterizations will also help a lot. In either streams, if you prepare yourself with these skills, you are good to go. Yes are always desirable.

cheers,

EE

Thank you so much, I also had heard that the job scenario in Mechanical is a little down in the US, but if one puts in the right effort, he/she definitely gets a job. So, is it true about the scope of MS in Mechanical in US?

Thanking you,
Rahul
Reference URL's