Edulix
TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - Printable Version

+- Edulix (http://www.edulix.com/forum)
+-- Forum: II. Profile Evaluation Phase (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: U.K., Europe , Asia & Australia Admissions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 (/showthread.php?tid=106189)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - maxpayne2011 - 12-11-2011 12:31 PM

Hi,

Is any one aiming for TU Darmstadt for fall 2012?

I am in touch with a couple of seniors from this university and this is what they had to say:

Advantages:
1) Its clearly one of the better TU universities (only surpassed by TU Munich and TU Berlin). Nice reputation all over Germany and rest of Europe!
2) High education standards (maybe a little too high)
3) Plenty of Indian/Asian students around
4) Darmstadt is located very very close to Frankfurt.
5) No tution fee.

Disadvantages:
1) Darmstatd is not exactly a city and hence it can be difficult to get accommodation (initially)
2) Studies are very vertical and specific to a particular area. (this is a general problem with all German universities)

Overall a good place to be for Communication Engineering and for Distributed Software Systems.

The Distributed Software Systems (entirely in English) is really good. I am in touch with a couple of seniors there. The curriculum is very interesting. For more information:

https://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/en/students/study-programmes/masterstudiengaenge/specialized-master-degrees/distributed-software-systems/

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - uru_86 - 12-11-2011 03:06 PM

(12-11-2011 12:31 PM)maxpayne2011 Wrote:  Hi,

Is any one aiming for TU Darmstadt for fall 2012?

I am in touch with a couple of seniors from this university and this is what they had to say:

Advantages:
1) Its clearly one of the better TU universities (only surpassed by TU Munich and TU Berlin). Nice reputation all over Germany and rest of Europe!
2) High education standards (maybe a little too high)
3) Plenty of Indian/Asian students around
4) Darmstadt is located very very close to Frankfurt.
5) No tution fee.

Disadvantages:
1) Darmstatd is not exactly a city and hence it can be difficult to get accommodation (initially)
2) Studies are very vertical and specific to a particular area. (this is a general problem with all German universities)

Overall a good place to be for Communication Engineering and for Distributed Software Systems.

Thanks @[maxpayne2011] for sharing the info. Do you have info regarding the entrance test conducted by TU Darmstatd.

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - maxpayne2011 - 12-11-2011 03:14 PM

The online test is mandatory (only for communications) and pretty easy. Really basic stuff.

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - paritosh_mishra_1990 - 12-11-2011 05:53 PM

@[maxpayne2011] is there an entrance for distributed software systems??

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - maxpayne2011 - 12-11-2011 08:27 PM

(12-11-2011 05:53 PM)paritosh_mishra_1990 Wrote:  @[maxpayne2011] is there an entrance for distributed software systems??

@[paritosh_mishra_1990]

No. The entrance test is only for Communications Technology.

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - Akshay20 - 12-12-2011 02:53 PM

Hi,

I am looking for persuing my masters in Germany. One of my friend's cousin is in Darmstadt university. He has recommended this university to me. I have decent academics in my Elec. and Telecom B.E. I have just appeared for TOEFL and waiting for my score. I am planning to apply for "International Master's Programme in Information and Communication Engineering" from the TU Darmstadt.
I want to know about the job prospects after having this masters degree from the mentioned university. If you have any idea regarding this, please post it here. It will be really appreciated.
IS GRE score mandatory for applying here? What else will I need so as to secure my admit?

Thanks in advance.

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - maxpayne2011 - 12-13-2011 06:01 PM

(12-12-2011 02:53 PM)Akshay20 Wrote:  Hi,

I am looking for persuing my masters in Germany. One of my friend's cousin is in Darmstadt university. He has recommended this university to me. I have decent academics in my Elec. and Telecom B.E. I have just appeared for TOEFL and waiting for my score. I am planning to apply for "International Master's Programme in Information and Communication Engineering" from the TU Darmstadt.
I want to know about the job prospects after having this masters degree from the mentioned university. If you have any idea regarding this, please post it here. It will be really appreciated.
IS GRE score mandatory for applying here? What else will I need so as to secure my admit?

Thanks in advance.

Nopes. GRE is not mandatory. But if you have a GRE score there is no harm in sending the report. They have a good communications program so the job prospects should be good. It all depends on how well you do and how relevant your masters thesis is and luck etc etc. Get in touch with some of the students studying in this program. I think they have a community in Facebook.

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - karthiksrajamane - 12-16-2011 05:23 PM

@[maxpayne2011]:

How is TU Darmstadt for Electrical. I am a EEE student and want to pursue either Mechatronics or EEE. Can you provide some insight into this ?

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - anony2012 - 12-16-2011 07:40 PM

same que as above..looking for fall 2012 in darmstadt..jus power engineering though..

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - maxpayne2011 - 12-18-2011 05:09 PM

@[karthiksrajamane] and @[anony2012 ]

Its good:
http://www.epe.tu-darmstadt.de/prospectivestudents/masterofscienceepe/basics/basics_MS.en.jsp

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - PVK - 12-24-2011 01:57 AM

hey @[maxpayne2011]

I was looking for some info on Darmstadt. Right on time you are.. Smile
So can you tell me the prospects for a masters in control there? Also on the possibility and availability of scholarships for the same.

Thanks
Pooja

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - maxpayne2011 - 12-25-2011 08:40 PM

@[PVK]

http://www.epe.tu-darmstadt.de/home_1/homemitnews.en.jsp

http://www.mechatronik.tu-darmstadt.de/mastermec/einfuehrungmscmec.en.jsp

Not sure which of the two programs above you are aiming for. both are really good though. Darmstadt is well known for electrical, mechanical and computer science.

As TU Darmstadt does not have any tuition fee so of course you cannot expect a scholarship.

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - rightsolution - 12-27-2011 08:48 PM

I am aiming for TU Darmstadt and this is what I aspire the most to proximity of courses it is offering with my undergrad courses. I am pasting my info as I need in particular about this university.

I am pasting this from my thread and want bit of your help:

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and went through many threads. All of them were strewn with much valuable information for me.

Bits You Need To Know:

I am in a bit of mess these days. I have done Bachelors in EE with major in Power Systems having GPA of 3.1 out of 4(pretty average I guess) from one of the most-hard-to-get-into universities of my country. I have had pretty stellar grades in my high school(94% in my school and 90% high school) but in my undergrad, I had to work as a freelancer to fulfill my financial needs. This certainly affected my grades but I still managed to keep it, at least, average.

Now I want to do MS in 2012 and I am looking for German universities as these are affordable and living expenses are not that much. I am targeting

RWTH Aachen -- somewhat ambitious
TU Darmstadt(I aspire this the most)
TU Berlin

Thank God, now I am financially fine and I can get back to having good grades again as I am not shy to hard-work. To add further, I am pretty sure I will get good bands in IELTS as I gonna take it within a month. Moreover, I will get probably good LOR's also.

Kindly do suggest me some good universities as well in addition to the above.

In a nutshell:

Undergrad: 3.11/4 EE with major in Power Systems
Extra-curriculars: NOT as such but I have been doing freelancing for past 2-3 years.

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - maxpayne2011 - 12-28-2011 01:10 PM

(12-27-2011 08:48 PM)rightsolution Wrote:  I am aiming for TU Darmstadt and this is what I aspire the most to proximity of courses it is offering with my undergrad courses. I am pasting my info as I need in particular about this university.

I am pasting this from my thread and want bit of your help:

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and went through many threads. All of them were strewn with much valuable information for me.

Bits You Need To Know:

I am in a bit of mess these days. I have done Bachelors in EE with major in Power Systems having GPA of 3.1 out of 4(pretty average I guess) from one of the most-hard-to-get-into universities of my country. I have had pretty stellar grades in my high school(94% in my school and 90% high school) but in my undergrad, I had to work as a freelancer to fulfill my financial needs. This certainly affected my grades but I still managed to keep it, at least, average.

Now I want to do MS in 2012 and I am looking for German universities as these are affordable and living expenses are not that much. I am targeting

RWTH Aachen -- somewhat ambitious
TU Darmstadt(I aspire this the most)
TU Berlin

Thank God, now I am financially fine and I can get back to having good grades again as I am not shy to hard-work. To add further, I am pretty sure I will get good bands in IELTS as I gonna take it within a month. Moreover, I will get probably good LOR's also.

Kindly do suggest me some good universities as well in addition to the above.

In a nutshell:

Undergrad: 3.11/4 EE with major in Power Systems
Extra-curriculars: NOT as such but I have been doing freelancing for past 2-3 years.

@[rightsolution]

Go ahead and apply to Darmstadt. Though your GPA is a bit low, you still have a chance of getting in.

RWTH will be super tough and so will TU Berlin.

So instead of these two, try for:

University of Applied Sciences Esslingen,

University of Siegen,

University of Duisburg-Essen

You can find a more comprehensive list by searching our forums.

RE: TU Darmstadt (Germany) : Fall 2012 - rightsolution - 12-28-2011 04:02 PM

@[maxpayne2011]

Thanks a lot for your valuable info.

What about FH Aachen(in Energy Systems) as it might be less competitive..? Moreover, in your above mentioned univ., only University of Duisburg-Essen offers courses I am looking for. I have searched Daad as well as Edulix but I am unable to find answer to my queries.

Above all, I want to work in Germany once I am done with Masters..So what are job prospects over there as I am planning to spend at least 2 more years working over there. I hope you can guide me better in this regard.

Thanks a lot!