Edulix
GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - Printable Version

+- Edulix (http://www.edulix.com/forum)
+-- Forum: II. Profile Evaluation Phase (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: U.K., Europe , Asia & Australia Admissions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI (/showthread.php?tid=115216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - adi3230 - 06-23-2012 04:37 PM

I have gone through GERMAN VISA process of chennai and delhi but nobody has posted their experience from MUMBAI .Can anybody who have given their VI in MUMBAI post their experience and please explain the process.It would be of great help.Thks in advance Smile

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - M2G2 - 06-25-2012 08:19 PM

Any additional documents required other than thoese mentioned on the website of consulate - Mumbai ? Has any one applied for Visa at Mumbai after opening Blocked account and transfering Euro 7908 ?

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - Shrik - 06-26-2012 12:15 AM

@[M2G2]: Yes, I have... What abt u ?

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - diha - 06-26-2012 09:32 AM

i have been through Mumbai VI
its very smooth
only the docs mentioned on site are required
ppl are really good
just remeber to put the date of visa issuing as 15th sept or any but before 1st Oct

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - adi3230 - 06-26-2012 02:47 PM

@diha : Hey if possible can you post what is the process once you go inside embassy.What kind of questions were asked by VI officer if you remember

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - M2G2 - 06-26-2012 05:07 PM

(06-26-2012 09:32 AM)diha Wrote:  i have been through Mumbai VI
its very smooth
only the docs mentioned on site are required
ppl are really good
just remeber to put the date of visa issuing as 15th sept or any but before 1st Oct

In the form : Where is date of visa issuing -- (Do we have to fill in Coloumn 23 : Intended duration of stay in Germany : from----to-----).
15th Sept 2012 to 30th Sept 2014. Right?
How much Blocked amount are they accepting? Earlier it was Euro 7908 Yr/659 Month, but now since yesterday ( 25-6-2012) student visa site is showing Blocked amount as Euro 8040 Yr / 670 month.

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - diha - 06-27-2012 09:45 AM

@[M2G2]

you got the dates right. and anyways we are getting VISA only for 3 months,after 3 months we need to renew our visa in germany itself

See i had my VI completed by 12th june so I showed them Blocked amount of 8000 euros
now the norms have been changed.....

@[adi3230]
Process as I said was very smooth.they asked for all the required docs as mentiond on site and asked to arrange them in a order.then you get a token number.once your token is called you go to the counter...then a lady asks very basic questions like why germany,why this course,why this uni and all. In my case i even got a questionnair to fill up having questions like what are your favourite author,describe your favourite novel, what was your medium in 10th and 12th etc...
When i was filling the questionnair she check all my docs, returned my passport and all my cerificates and stamped my passport[simple ink stamp] and told me to wait for 6 weeks....simple and smooth

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - jarhead - 06-27-2012 03:23 PM

Hi,

I had my VISA interview at the Mumbai Embassy on the 21st of July. Apart from the list of documents mentioned in the website, there were 2 additional documents that they accepted/required- A travel insurance cert, work experience proof (could be anything, appointment letter, confirmation letter or even a separate letter by the HR stating your employment). Of course all that and two copies each were neatly maintained before the interview. Also, one would require 4 passport photographs- 3 for sticking up on the original VISA application form and their 2 copies, and the last one is for the actual VISA photograph that gets printed on the Passport during VISA stamping (of course it gets scanned first).
The questions were the same as mentioned by @[diha] above. And i think most of us would be fortunate enough to face some questions on the questionnaire, coz i was one of them too! Wink Eventually the VISA officer made three bundles of my documents, took my Passport, ink stamped it and gave it back to me. I'm supposed to wait for their call in 4-6 weeks time.

@[diha]- Have you booked your flights already? or are you waiting for the VISA to be stamped? What is the general scenario?

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - rajesh.sangpal - 06-28-2012 11:45 AM

@[jarhead]

What travel insurance did you show them... I mean what is the duration you have got it dine??

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - diha - 06-29-2012 10:02 AM

@[jarhead]
m waiting 4 visa
and everyone i know too is also waiting but have decided the flights

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - ashu.soman - 06-29-2012 10:52 AM

what does the A,B,C,D on stamp on passport mean after the visa??

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - jarhead - 06-29-2012 10:56 AM

@[rajesh.sangpal], I took for one month as I'm sorta sure about the travel date (I was lucky too coz it did get accepted by the embassy!). But i wont suggest it to be the wiser thing to do. i think its best to have a 3 month travel insurance done, just to be safe. It doesn't cost much at all! Plus now there is an option of an online transaction- http://www.bajajallianz.com/Corp/travel/student-travel-insurance.jsp

@[diha]- thanks for the note. You must have blocked the flight then? Also, since the minimum amount of balance in the DB account has changed would you be transferring more amount there? or is it okay to sit back and relax till i get a call from the Embassy?? Razz I have a similar case with 7990 euros in the blocked account!

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - M2G2 - 06-29-2012 01:13 PM

(06-27-2012 03:23 PM)jarhead Wrote:  Hi,

I had my VISA interview at the Mumbai Embassy on the 21st of July. Apart from the list of documents mentioned in the website, there were 2 additional documents that they accepted/required- A travel insurance cert, work experience proof (could be anything, appointment letter, confirmation letter or even a separate letter by the HR stating your employment). Of course all that and two copies each were neatly maintained before the interview. Also, one would require 4 passport photographs- 3 for sticking up on the original VISA application form and their 2 copies, and the last one is for the actual VISA photograph that gets printed on the Passport during VISA stamping (of course it gets scanned first).
The questions were the same as mentioned by @[diha] above. And i think most of us would be fortunate enough to face some questions on the questionnaire, coz i was one of them too! Wink Eventually the VISA officer made three bundles of my documents, took my Passport, ink stamped it and gave it back to me. I'm supposed to wait for their call in 4-6 weeks time.

@[diha]- Have you booked your flights already? or are you waiting for the VISA to be stamped? What is the general scenario?

@[jarhead] - We have to make 2 set of copies of all documents + 1 Original Visa Application form and 2 copies of the Visa form ( and then paste 1 photo on original Visa form & 2 photos on 2 copies.) -Right?
What did you fill in the col. no. 11, 15, 17, 20, 21, 23 of the visa form?

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - rbp - 06-29-2012 02:04 PM

@ M2G2

11) Passport, Passport number,Passport validity, your Passport issuing authority, issued on date

15) Your University address (full address)

17) Yes, mention your Home country name. (eg. INDIA)

20) Study, your university address (fill at the appropriate line)

23) fill your course start date and end date

Note:-
21)
I'm not sure with that Brick wall. I think its about your qualification (eg. Chemical Engineer/ Physicist ).
Anyway clear the doubt with other's inputs !

RE: GERMAN Visa Interview MUMBAI - jarhead - 06-29-2012 03:30 PM

(06-29-2012 01:13 PM)M2G2 Wrote:  
(06-27-2012 03:23 PM)jarhead Wrote:  Hi,

@[jarhead] - We have to make 2 set of copies of all documents + 1 Original Visa Application form and 2 copies of the Visa form ( and then paste 1 photo on original Visa form & 2 photos on 2 copies.) -Right?
What did you fill in the col. no. 11, 15, 17, 20, 21, 23 of the visa form?

In Continuation from @[rbp] 's post, i suggest you go through this link below-
http://visaguide-germany.blogspot.in/2012/02/german-student-visa-guide.html

I did find it helpful while I was filling up my forms. There are few grammatical glitches and errors on the blog, but you can correct them can't ya! Wink

Cheers!