Edulix
A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - Printable Version

+- Edulix (http://www.edulix.com/forum)
+-- Forum: II. Profile Evaluation Phase (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: U.K., Europe , Asia & Australia Admissions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate (/showthread.php?tid=135173)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - nimbus_2000 - 07-24-2013 12:33 PM

So you have gotten your first admit into a German University. First of all congratulations! Now you must be wondering what steps are to be taken next. Don’t worry! Bleib ruhig! This post will guide you through all the steps to be taken for Blocked Account Attestation.

Note: All information given here is specifically for the Mumbai Consulate and will differ for the other consulates.

Blocked Account Attestation is done at the Mumbai Consulate only on Tuesdays and Thurdays. You do not require taking any prior appointments for it. Also, the charges for the attestation are zero if you have the admission letter. (One of the advantages of Mumbai Consulate). EDIT: They have started charging 20 Euros for attestation from 2014 onwards.

What documents do you need?

1. Passport Copy – Take a copy of the data pages

2. Admission Letter Copy -
You can even take the printout of the email confirming your admission into the program or the printout of the scanned copy of the admission letter.

3. Deutsche Bank Form -
Filling the form (Guidelines to be followed):
-You can find the form at the following website:-
https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pfb/data/docs/pk-kredit_finanzierung-db_international_opening_a_bank_account_for_foreign_students.pdf
-Do not fill Branch Number, Customer Number and BLZ. These will be filled by the bank authorities once your form reaches them.
-You can tick the Online Banking option. There are no extra charges for that.
-Put the date as the date on which you are going to get the form attested. Write the town/city as Mumbai.
-Do not sign the form. You have to sign it only in front of the embassy officials.

4. (If required) Proof of Residence Copy -
This is required only of the address in your passport is outside the jurisdiction of the Mumbai Consulate. For example, my address on the passport was of NIT Calicut, Kerala. Hence, they asked me to produce proof that my current address falls in a city which is under the Mumbai Consulate. You can take some sort of Address proof like Driving License, Aadhaar Card or even Ration Card/Voter ID Card.

Once, you have collected the above documents, you can land at the Mumbai consulate a few minutes before 9AM. The security personnel only allow you to enter at 9AM. You can submit your documents between 09.00 to 11.30 a.m. Please remember that the attestation is done only on Tuesdays and Thurdays.

The address is as follows:
Hoechst House, 10th Floor,
193 Backbay Reclamation, Nariman Point,
Mumbai 400 021

To be on the safer side, keep two copies of all documents. Also, keep all original documents with you. Once you have submitted your documents you can collect it from 2:30PM to 3:00PM.

That is it! You are done with the attestation!

Once you are done with the attestion you can send the form and the certified copy of the passport to the Leipzig address:
Deutsche Bank
Privat- und Geschäftskunden AG
Frankfurter Straße 1
04024 Leipzig
Germany

Mostly, you should get the mail regarding the opening of the blocked account within 7 working days after the form reaches them. You will receive a scanned pdf of the account opening document. This should contain all the information required for transfer of funds such as IBAN(International Bank Account Number), BLZ(Bankleitzahl), BIC (Bank ID Code). With this information, you should be able to proceed with the transfer of funds. Transfer the funds via nationalized banks to get the lowest exchange rates. Always transfer some extra amount (~8200 Euros). I recommend this while sometimes the bank in Germany might deduct some amount as transfer charges. Also, keep in mind that you will not get any notification from Deutsche Bank if you transfer amount less than the blocked amount.

Mostly, after transferring the funds, you should receive an email confirming the entry of funds within 7 working days. With this confirmation, you should be able to proceed with the Visa too.

If you do not receive any email after transferring funds or if there is an error in your name or DOB then you can contact Deutsche Bank through this link:
https://secure.deutsche-bank.de/forms/pbc/pu-kontaktformular-student_en.html

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

a. My friend and I got the blocked account attestation together. Can we send both our forms in the same packet?
A. I like the way you think mate. Yes. You can! I sent it with two of my other friends via DHL. It costs 2700 bucks to send it to non-university addresses. (Yes. You cannot use your university offer of DHL). Just make sure that both your forms are in different packets. Like your form and passport copy should be in a separate packet and your friend's too. You can put all these packets in one big packet and send it together.

b. What if I want to change my university later? Can my account be transferred to the new city?
A. Yup, it is not an issue. You can give the location as the old university in the Deutsche Bank form and wait for the admission results of another university. You can operate your account in a different city too (Including un-blocking of the account). Many of us seniors have our accounts in another city and it is not at all a problem. Important is to start this process at the earliest possible time as sometimes it may take 15-20 days to get replies from Deutsche Bank during peak periods. The earlier you submit your form, the earlier you will get the reply from them.

c. Do we get a notification from bank when we transfer the blocked amount? How will one know that the amount is credited in blocked account?
A. You will get the first email from DB containing the account number and other details.
A few days after transferring the blocked amount, you get another email from DB stating that they have received the funds. Note that you will not get this email if you transfer anything less than 8090 Euros. The print out of the second email is required for the Visa interview.

I will not be liable to any loss or damages occurring due to this post. This was the process to the best of my knowledge for Winter Semester 2013. I will try to keep this post updated. Please keep checking the embassy website for the latest information.

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - Paragn - 07-25-2013 10:33 AM

@[nimbus_2000] thanks ! .Smile. i will be going there on coming tuesday.

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - sonal.verma - 08-01-2013 11:15 AM

(07-24-2013 12:33 PM)nimbus_2000 Wrote:  So you have gotten your first admit into a German University. First of all congratulations! Now you must be wondering what steps are to be taken next. Don’t worry! Bleib ruhig! This post will guide you through all the steps to be taken for Blocked Account Attestation.

Note: All information given here is specifically for the Mumbai Consulate and will differ for the other consulates.

Blocked Account Attestation is done at the Mumbai Consulate only on Tuesdays and Thurdays. You do not require taking any prior appointments for it. Also, the charges for the attestation are zero if you have the admission letter. (One of the advantages of Mumbai Consulate)

What documents do you need?

1. Passport Copy – Take a copy of the data pages

2. Admission Letter Copy -
You can even take the printout of the email confirming your admission into the program or the printout of the scanned copy of the admission letter.

3. Deutsche Bank Form -
Filling the form (Guidelines to be followed):
-You can find the form at the following website:-
https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pbc/pk-studium-international_students_en.html
-Do not fill Branch Number, Customer Number and BLZ. These will be filled by the bank authorities once your form reaches them.
-You can tick the Online Banking option. There are no extra charges for that.
-Put the date as the date on which you are going to get the form attested. Write the town/city as Mumbai.
-Do not sign the form. You have to sign it only in front of the embassy officials.

4. (If required) Proof of Residence Copy -
This is required only of the address in your passport is outside the jurisdiction of the Mumbai Consulate. For example, my address on the passport was of NIT Calicut, Kerala. Hence, they asked me to produce proof that my current address falls in a city which is under the Mumbai Consulate. You can take some sort of Address proof like Driving License, Aadhaar Card or even Ration Card/Voter ID Card.

Once, you have collected the above documents, you can land at the Mumbai consulate a few minutes before 9AM. The security personnel only allow you to enter at 9AM. You can submit your documents between 09.00 to 11.30 a.m. Please remember that the attestation is done only on Tuesdays and Thurdays.

The address is as follows:
Hoechst House, 10th Floor,
193 Backbay Reclamation, Nariman Point,
Mumbai 400 021

To be on the safer side, keep two copies of all documents. Also, keep all original documents with you. Once you have submitted your documents you can collect it from 2:30PM to 3:00PM.

That is it! You are done with the attestation!

Once you are done with the attestion you can send the form and the certified copy of the passport to the Leipzig address:
Deutsche Bank
Privat- und Geschäftskunden AG
Frankfurter Straße 1
04024 Leipzig
Germany

Mostly, you should get the mail regarding the opening of the blocked account within 7 working days after the form reaches them. You will receive a scanned pdf of the account opening document. This should contain all the information required for transfer of funds such as IBAN(International Bank Account Number), BLZ(Bankleitzahl), BIC (Bank ID Code). With this information, you should be able to proceed with the transfer of funds. Transfer the funds via nationalized banks to get the lowest exchange rates. Always transfer some extra amount (~8200 Euros). I recommend this while sometimes the bank in Germany might deduct some amount as transfer charges. Also, keep in mind that you will not get any notification from Deutsche Bank if you transfer amount less than the blocked amount.

Mostly, after transferring the funds, you should receive an email confirming the entry of funds within 7 working days. With this confirmation, you should be able to proceed with the Visa too.

If you do not receive any email after transferring funds or if there is an error in your name or DOB then you can contact Deutsche Bank through this link:
https://secure.deutsche-bank.de/forms/pbc/pu-kontaktformular-student_en.html

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

a. My friend and I got the blocked account attestation together. Can we send both our forms in the same packet?
A. I like the way you think mate. Yes. You can! I sent it with two of my other friends via DHL. It costs 2700 bucks to send it to non-university addresses. (Yes. You cannot use your university offer of DHL). Just make sure that both your forms are in different packets. Like your form and passport copy should be in a separate packet and your friend's too. You can put all these packets in one big packet and send it together.

b. What if I want to change my university later? Can my account be transferred to the new city?
A. Yup, it is not an issue. You can give the location as the old university in the Deutsche Bank form and wait for the admission results of another university. You can operate your account in a different city too (Including un-blocking of the account). Many of us seniors have our accounts in another city and it is not at all a problem. Important is to start this process at the earliest possible time as sometimes it may take 15-20 days to get replies from Deutsche Bank during peak periods. The earlier you submit your form, the earlier you will get the reply from them.

I will not be liable to any loss or damages occurring due to this post. This was the process to the best of my knowledge for Winter Semester 2013. I will try to keep this post updated. Please keep checking the embassy website for the latest information.

Hello @[nimbus_2000],

I had submitted by form last tuesday, and received a response today that signature in form is incomplete.
Can you please elaborate which all pages we need to sign. I just signed the page attested by Consulate, in front of her.

Please guide.

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - nimbus_2000 - 08-01-2013 11:53 AM

@[sonal.verma]

Before submitting for attestation, the applicants have to sign all pages of the form including the last page (Not only the page which is to be attested). There are totally 3 places to be signed.
You have to sign it only in front of the embassy officials.

In any case, you can go to the consulate again and place your signature on the places which are missing. It shouldn't be a big problem.

In the mean time, please fill in your InfoBank.

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - sonal.verma - 08-01-2013 03:28 PM

Can you please elaborate, which pages we need to sign?

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - nimbus_2000 - 08-01-2013 03:40 PM

@[sonal.verma]

There are three locations where you need it. They are marked with an "X".
On page 4 and 5 of this form.
It is clearly marked.
You have to sign it only in front of the embassy officials.

You have still not filled up your infobank. I have also seen in your previous posts that seniors have asked to fill it still you have not done it. You can find the infobank tutorial in this link.
Next time you ask a query without filling your infobank, I will not reply.

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - praneetha9 - 08-14-2013 12:05 PM

Hello @das_german

My VISA slot is on 19th aug 2013. I have sent blocked account documents to the address and it got delivered to that place on 12th august 2013 (i.e this monday)..
Will I get confirmation mail regarding blocked account before monday?
Or should I need to postpone my VISA slot?
Pls reply asap.. Cos only today i can postpone the date
reply asap..

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - nimbus_2000 - 08-14-2013 12:13 PM

@[praneetha9]

It depends on your consulate. In Chennai consulate it maybe okay (please verify) if you transfer the blocked amount funds after your VI and show the confirmation at the time of stamping. But for Mumbai consulate, you won't be allowed to enter the embassy if you do not have the confirmation. The guard at the gate will ask for the confirmation.

Give your consulate a call and ask about the same.

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - praneetha9 - 08-14-2013 12:17 PM

Thank you for ur reply.

Mine is Chennai consulate.
Btw are you sure that I can show the confirmation after my Visa interview?
As per me Confirmation mail regarding blocked account is the primary thing for VI. Isnt it?
N do i need to postpone my VI date?

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - nimbus_2000 - 08-14-2013 12:37 PM

@[praneetha9]

Tagging @[das_german] , @[SridharAshokk] and @[kaprikorn07] .They will be the best people to answer this.

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - SridharAshokk - 08-14-2013 02:23 PM

@[praneetha9]

Just to make it clear, you are asking about opening the blocked account and not the money transfer right?

If that's the case, I am not so sure about this. IMHO, I would suggest you to postpone it. Check if you have any VI slots in a nearer date before postponding.

I din't open my account by sending a mail to Germany. I went to the local Deutsche bank office and got it done. But going through the forum, I could tell that you could get it opened within a week or 10 days if all goes well, else it takes a bit longer than that. So expecting the confirmation by Monday will be too close.

Wait for others to reply.

Just to let you know, during my VI at the Chennai consulate, the VO asked for blocked account with the money transferred. So you need your money transferred too before your VI.

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - nimbus_2000 - 08-14-2013 02:41 PM

Also tagging @[jsravya]

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - das_german - 08-14-2013 02:58 PM

@[praneetha9] I didn't still transfer the money into the DB account, but you should surely be having the DB account with you. No matter what and as Sridhar said, it's better to postpone if you didn't get your DB account.

Your Message is disabled, please enable it if you want reply via message.

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - nimbus_2000 - 08-14-2013 03:03 PM

@[praneetha9]

Sorry. I has misinterpreted your question earlier.
You are asking for account opening confirmation and not transfer of funds right?
My earlier reply was for the confirmation of transfer of funds.

You will require the blocked account opening confirmation from DB for VI.
It is one of the required documents for the VI.
As das_german and SridharAshokk suggested, if you don't get the confirmation, it is better to postpone your appointment.

RE: A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - pole.indraneel - 08-15-2013 01:24 AM

Hello,
My Visa interview is on 21st Aug in Mumbai. I have account opening confirmation. I am transferring the amount on 16th Aug. Is it possible that I will get the confirmation of fund transfer before 21st? Also, in case I don't get it, can I still appear for VI?
I would appreciate a quick reply guys, it is kind of urgent. Danke..!