Edulix
Fall 2018 | MS | CS | G.R.E 320+ | GPA 7 | TOEFL 110+ | Mumbai University - Printable Version

+- Edulix (http://www.edulix.com/forum)
+-- Forum: II. Profile Evaluation Phase (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Profile Evaluation Forum 2018 (not for MIS/MEM/MBA programs) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+--- Thread: Fall 2018 | MS | CS | G.R.E 320+ | GPA 7 | TOEFL 110+ | Mumbai University (/showthread.php?tid=183658)

Fall 2018 | MS | CS | G.R.E 320+ | GPA 7 | TOEFL 110+ | Mumbai University - pacmansyu - 08-10-2017 04:17 PM

Hello,

I'm aiming for Fall 2018, Master's in CS with specialization in Machine Learning. I know that my GPA isn't great, and so I'd like to evaluate my options before attempting GRE (exp. 320 +) and TOEFL (exp ~110), both of which are scheduled for September end. I have good rapport with the professors and decent SOP/LORs.

Following are my achievements/skills :

1. 3 month internship in data analytics and analysis.
2. A paper published through IEEE funded conference.
3. A couple of papers in National Journal
4. A Machine Learning project, with a provisional patent for the same.
5. Conducted a couple of workshop on Machine Learning, Web development in various colleges.
6. Good programming skills.
7. Great experience with *nix Operating Systems. Built and modified a FreeBSD kernel to optimize memory and scheduling.

I'm thinking about applying for the following universities, and would like to know which of them would be really plausible, and how they rank with regards to my profile:

* University of Maryland Country Park (Dream)
* Georgia Tech (Dream)
* University of Chicago
* North Carolina State University (Dream)
* Ohio State University (Dream)
* Arizona State University
* SJSU
* NEU Boston
* University of Florida
* PennState Uni
* University of Minnesota TC

Thanks for reading and helping me out!

Regards.

RE: Fall 2018 | MS | CS | G.R.E 320+ | GPA 7 | TOEFL 110+ | Mumbai University - Edulix_Editor - 08-10-2017 10:27 PM

As we always say in Edulix, please fill out your Unisearch profile. That helps us get a good understanding of your background and hence offer a well-tailored response.

In the meantime, here is a starting recommended list....(assuming 320 GRE)

Ranked:
GT
NCSU
VT (yes, ranked for GRE of 320)

Moderate
Buffalo
Stony Brook
ASU

Safe
The usual suspects like USC, UTD, SJSU, etc....

More later......

cheers,

EE

RE: Fall 2018 | MS | CS | G.R.E 320+ | GPA 7 | TOEFL 110+ | Mumbai University - pacmansyu - 08-10-2017 10:56 PM

(08-10-2017 10:27 PM)Edulix_Editor Wrote:  As we always say in Edulix, please fill out your Unisearch profile. That helps us get a good understanding of your background and hence offer a well-tailored response.

Hello, I've filled out my profile. Thanks for guiding me Smile

(08-10-2017 10:27 PM)Edulix_Editor Wrote:  In the meantime, here is a starting recommended list....(assuming 320 GRE)

Ranked:
GT
NCSU
VT (yes, ranked for GRE of 320)

Moderate
Buffalo
Stony Brook
ASU

Safe
The usual suspects like USC, UTD, SJSU, etc....

More later......

cheers,

EE

Can you let me know about the chances of getting into OSU, GaTech, NCSU, etc. ? I highly rate them as a good university for Machine Learning, and I would love to get admitted to those kinds of universities.

Regards.

RE: Fall 2018 | MS | CS | G.R.E 320+ | GPA 7 | TOEFL 110+ | Mumbai University - pacmansyu - 08-10-2017 11:19 PM

I'm sorry if this is kind of spam, but I'd like to hear from the following cause I find them to be relevant to my field:

@[bigkeydi]
@[samahuj1994]
@[aditya57]
@[vtiwari227]

RE: Fall 2018 | MS | CS | G.R.E 320+ | GPA 7 | TOEFL 110+ | Mumbai University - aditya57 - 08-12-2017 08:05 AM

I don't really want to paint any rosy picture until I have more details. Please link your publications or cite them in the miscellaneous section. Decent publications can carry significant weight in those schools.

RE: Fall 2018 | MS | CS | G.R.E 320+ | GPA 7 | TOEFL 110+ | Mumbai University - pacmansyu - 08-12-2017 11:30 AM

(08-12-2017 08:05 AM)aditya57 Wrote:  I don't really want to paint any rosy picture until I have more details. Please link your publications or cite them in the miscellaneous section. Decent publications can carry significant weight in those schools.

The thing is, 2 of them are under review (International journal) and the conference for the third paper for IEEE is in December. So I don't really have anything as of now to say/post about. But I'm 100% sure both of them will get published, and will also have the conference acceptance letter or maybe even get done with the conference by the time I apply. All three of them are based on Machine Learning.

Also, we (my team) have a provisional patent for our project in Machine Learning. Does that have any impact and leverage my profile?

Regards.

RE: Fall 2018 | MS | CS | G.R.E 320+ | GPA 7 | TOEFL 110+ | Mumbai University - The_Observer - 08-13-2017 11:52 AM

Please provide links to the journals and conference proceedings website.

RE: Fall 2018 | MS | CS | G.R.E 320+ | GPA 7 | TOEFL 110+ | Mumbai University - pacmansyu - 08-13-2017 12:01 PM

(08-13-2017 11:52 AM)The_Observer Wrote:  Please provide links to the journals and conference proceedings website.

IRJCS - http://www.irjcs.com

IEEE Conference in Mumbai - https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/conferencedetails/index.html?Conf_ID=40883