Edulix
Query regarding scope of MS in Mechanical in US - Printable Version

+- Edulix (http://www.edulix.com/forum)
+-- Forum: I. Preliminary Phase (/forumdisplay.php?fid=103)
+--- Forum: GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Query regarding scope of MS in Mechanical in US (/showthread.php?tid=184280)

Query regarding scope of MS in Mechanical in US - Sharma_16 - 11-15-2017 12:50 AM

Hello everyone, I am applying for MS in US in Mechanical Engineering(Fall 2018) with a focus on Design Stream. I was confused about programs such as Masters in Design Engineering vs. MS in Masters with a focus in design vs. Masters in Product Design. Like, which of these has a better scope? And, how to choose between them?
Thanks for the help guys!!

RE: Query regarding scope of MS in Mechanical in US - Edulix_Editor - 11-15-2017 05:15 AM

There is no fundamental difference between them, except few course requirements. AT the end, employers want Res with good design background (solids/vibrations/fluid/machine and thermal), great FEA capability and great CAD skills. Experimental background in characterizations will also help a lot. In either streams, if you prepare yourself with these skills, you are good to go. Yes are always desirable.

cheers,

EE

RE: Query regarding scope of MS in Mechanical in US - Sharma_16 - 11-15-2017 11:55 AM

(11-15-2017 05:15 AM)Edulix_Editor Wrote:  There is no fundamental difference between them, except few course requirements. AT the end, employers want Res with good design background (solids/vibrations/fluid/machine and thermal), great FEA capability and great CAD skills. Experimental background in characterizations will also help a lot. In either streams, if you prepare yourself with these skills, you are good to go. Yes are always desirable.

cheers,

EE

Thank you so much, I also had heard that the job scenario in Mechanical is a little down in the US, but if one puts in the right effort, he/she definitely gets a job. So, is it true about the scope of MS in Mechanical in US?

Thanking you,
Rahul