Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bsMIS2013 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

bsMIS2013 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: Experience@JN TATA Endowment Scholarship Interview
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 08:28 AM by bsMIS2013.)
04-04-2013 08:27 AM
rohitkgp Offline
Edulix Active Member

rohitkgp Offline
Edulix Active Member

I have interview on 29th Apr ..i am little confused about what to prepare...

04-26-2013 12:30 PM
rohitkgp Offline
Edulix Active Member

rohitkgp Offline
Edulix Active Member

so here is my interview experience as not many are sharing these days..

i went at sharp 10 am and there was one guy divya waiting before me, i wasn't nervous but the hunger was killing me. His interview went for around 30-25 minutes and a lady sitting in reception called me to check my form during that time and told that i have several mistakes in my form and i need to submit lots of things again (expected as i filled it in a hurry anyhow).

so my turn came (4-5 people waiting after me too), went inside ..old lady and a guy sitting next to me. some intial 20-30 secs talk which collg u are going which prof u will be working with on what field and all..who will be supporting u..hardly 5 mins all these things..they were not even intersted in ans as i guess everybody gives same answers.

so technical guy starting bomarding his questions....
i dont' know why but he started with fourier series. (who the *word censored by forum* remembers that!)..still i had confidence took the courage to not say NO..he asked me conditions for it to exist I tried to ans by whatever i knew of 4-5 yrs back knowlege..then he asked the famous theorem name of that..i said i can't remember..and some follow on questions..in which i got screwed for obvious reasons.....then he said u from ECE but going for CS masters...your algorithm must be good..i said its ok! then he dropped on question related to some graph traversal...and I had heard about that but because of the panic i messed that too..he was not even supportive that made the things ever more worse.
So technical i failed big time...now time for their fun ..non technical from old lady was expected now..
but that guy seemed interested about my guwahati studies in iit and asked me which places i visited during my b.tech ..i said twang, shillong and some other places..he asked where in assam..and there came the worst answer ever in my history..i said shillong apart from guwahati..he asked again..shillong? its in assam? i got confused and in panic said yes..done! i thght this might be the end of JN tata endowment for me..but still Old lady was pumping up herself for the last moves..
she asked u from mumbai? I said no coming from bangalore ...she asked when is the elections..i said next week(i knew the date but played safe..) ..who do u think would win? i said congress as BJP is in too much corruption last years.. then came the bumper question..which corruption charges..list a few..! I knew one, some land scam (didn't knew the famous name for it like coalgate, boforce..) , she asked what else..i got confused again..and thght a little..said 2G ..and regretted again...she asked who is involved in 2G from karnataka..damn! i said someone i don't remember the name...
she also pointed out again that my form has too many bugs and scolded me for not getting a referral in a proper letterpad and just a A4 sheet. It hardly mattered then anyhow. I said i will deliver those things as already said to the reception lady.
they said u can go now..and all these happened in not more than 15-20 mins ..i came out in no time and scared others that mine went too bad and be ready for yours...ATB!

05-02-2013 12:36 PM
coolvenki.nitk Offline
Edulix Active Member

coolvenki.nitk Offline
Edulix Active Member

(05-02-2013 12:36 PM)rohitkgp Wrote:  so here is my interview experience as not many are sharing these days..

i went at sharp 10 am and there was one guy divya waiting before me, i wasn't nervous but the hunger was killing me. His interview went for around 30-25 minutes and a lady sitting in reception called me to check my form during that time and told that i have several mistakes in my form and i need to submit lots of things again (expected as i filled it in a hurry anyhow).

so my turn came (4-5 people waiting after me too), went inside ..old lady and a guy sitting next to me. some intial 20-30 secs talk which collg u are going which prof u will be working with on what field and all..who will be supporting u..hardly 5 mins all these things..they were not even intersted in ans as i guess everybody gives same answers.

so technical guy starting bomarding his questions....
i dont' know why but he started with fourier series. (who the *word censored by forum* remembers that!)..still i had confidence took the courage to not say NO..he asked me conditions for it to exist I tried to ans by whatever i knew of 4-5 yrs back knowlege..then he asked the famous theorem name of that..i said i can't remember..and some follow on questions..in which i got screwed for obvious reasons.....then he said u from ECE but going for CS masters...your algorithm must be good..i said its ok! then he dropped on question related to some graph traversal...and I had heard about that but because of the panic i messed that too..he was not even supportive that made the things ever more worse.
So technical i failed big time...now time for their fun ..non technical from old lady was expected now..
but that guy seemed interested about my guwahati studies in iit and asked me which places i visited during my b.tech ..i said twang, shillong and some other places..he asked where in assam..and there came the worst answer ever in my history..i said shillong apart from guwahati..he asked again..shillong? its in assam? i got confused and in panic said yes..done! i thght this might be the end of JN tata endowment for me..but still Old lady was pumping up herself for the last moves..
she asked u from mumbai? I said no coming from bangalore ...she asked when is the elections..i said next week(i knew the date but played safe..) ..who do u think would win? i said congress as BJP is in too much corruption last years.. then came the bumper question..which corruption charges..list a few..! I knew one, some land scam (didn't knew the famous name for it like coalgate, boforce..) , she asked what else..i got confused again..and thght a little..said 2G ..and regretted again...she asked who is involved in 2G from karnataka..damn! i said someone i don't remember the name...
she also pointed out again that my form has too many bugs and scolded me for not getting a referral in a proper letterpad and just a A4 sheet. It hardly mattered then anyhow. I said i will deliver those things as already said to the reception lady.
they said u can go now..and all these happened in not more than 15-20 mins ..i came out in no time and scared others that mine went too bad and be ready for yours...ATB!
Thanks rohit!

Warm Regards,
Venkatesh M D
MESc(Geotechnical) at Western Engineering, Ontario
05-03-2013 09:31 AM
bsMIS2013 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

bsMIS2013 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

My intv was on 20th April at 11 a.m.
It dint last for long like 15-20 minutes.
It started with a normal conversation on things like y US?
Why this college...somethings about the subjects in the course im going to tke, which wen they got into detail, i began to fumble.
Then wat post MS.
There was a lady from technical field who started asking about my projects i worked like some details about web services ,SOA architecture as i had worked on web services.
So technical intv was good.
Then i was asked if read newspaper to which i answered not regularly at which they got dissapointed and they dint ask anything pertaining to that...so u can expect usual current news questions.

All the Best!!!
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 07:02 PM by bsMIS2013.)
05-16-2013 07:00 PM
coolvenki.nitk Offline
Edulix Active Member

coolvenki.nitk Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hi,
My interview was on May 15, 2013. It went for 10-15 minutes and was short. The interview started with general questions about my plans for higher studies. Then they asked me technical questions. They asked me the basic formula of 4th or 5th sem like shear strength formula, active pressure, etc. But I could not answer those questions. Later on, Mrs. Mody did not show any interest to ask any questions to me and that was it for me. Overall it was not good.

Warm Regards,
Venkatesh M D
05-22-2013 11:21 PM
thebigb4u Offline
Edulix Frequent User

thebigb4u Offline
Edulix Frequent User

hey guys..how long does it usually take for the results come out after the interview?
05-24-2013 09:10 AM
coolvenki.nitk Offline
Edulix Active Member

coolvenki.nitk Offline
Edulix Active Member

(05-24-2013 09:10 AM)thebigb4u Wrote:  hey guys..how long does it usually take for the results come out after the interview?
I came to know from other guys that generally the results this year are given on monthly basis although not sure about this. When was your interview?

Warm Regards,
Venkatesh M D
05-24-2013 08:38 PM
thebigb4u Offline
Edulix Frequent User

thebigb4u Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(05-24-2013 08:38 PM)coolvenki.nitk Wrote:  
(05-24-2013 09:10 AM)thebigb4u Wrote:  hey guys..how long does it usually take for the results come out after the interview?
I came to know from other guys that generally the results this year are given on monthly basis although not sure about this. When was your interview?

My interview was on 10th May..It was an okay interview and I dont expect much though..
05-27-2013 07:50 AM
Nagarjun Bhat Offline
New Edulixian

Nagarjun Bhat Offline
New Edulixian

Seabiscuit:
I am from ECE too. My specialization is pretty rare, : Applied Electromagnetics and RF. My projects are related to it itself. However should i prepare for all basics of ECE too?
04-16-2014 03:45 PM
cuppycakes Offline
New Edulixian

cuppycakes Offline
New Edulixian

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
wakudoki
ginnox
greprepin

Hello all,

I have interview on 28th of march 15. I am planning for masters in comp arch. So far I have received only one admit(michigan tech) and all other applications are under review (gatech, ncsu,asu,cu boulder,portland state, usc) Could you please give a few pointers as to what I should prepare? Technical questions that you feel are likely to pop up?

Thanks and I appreciate any advise that you can give.

03-21-2015 11:40 PM
sanchitag Offline
New Edulixian

sanchitag Offline
New Edulixian

(03-21-2015 11:40 PM)cuppycakes Wrote:  @[Dr. Sheldon Cooper]
@[wakudoki]
@[ginnox]
@[greprepin]

Hello all,

I have interview on 28th of march 15. I am planning for masters in comp arch. So far I have received only one admit(michigan tech) and all other applications are under review (gatech, ncsu,asu,cu boulder,portland state, usc) Could you please give a few pointers as to what I should prepare? Technical questions that you feel are likely to pop up?

Thanks and I appreciate any advise that you can give.

I too have my interview on 2nd April. I have an admit from CMU for MS in Computational data Science. Guys, please provide us some inputs on how to prepare for the interview
03-26-2015 01:04 AM
NI_SH Offline
New Edulixian

NI_SH Offline
New Edulixian

I too had my interview on 2nd April, but i postponed it to 6th April. Anyone else on 6th?
What should i prepare? I have heard the interviews are very tough..
03-26-2015 09:13 PM
Abi'sUSDream Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Abi'sUSDream Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 2
cuppycakes How was your interview? Can you please share your experience?

I have it on the 2nd of April. Any inputs from you would be really helpful.
03-29-2015 01:22 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread