Fall 2018 | MS | AI/ML/DS | G.R.E 325 (Q-165/V-160) |GPA 8.7 |TOEFL-112
hiback Offline
New Edulixian

hiback Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 4
Unisearch: Link
/*Posting on friends behalf as he is not able to get his edulix account activated*/

GRE: 325 (q-165,v-160), AWA-3
TOEFL - 112
BTech - ECE, JUIT Waknaghat(Solan, H.P.).
GPA - 8.7(ECE)(among top 10 in class),

Internship project on Satellite Communication at ONGC. We studied about different antennas and how communication happens using satellites.

Final year project - Application of Machine Learning Algorithms on Benchmark medical Datasets. We used 4 different Machine Algorithms (K-Nearest Neighbor, Support Vector Machine, Neural Network, Smooth Support Vector Machine) to create a disease diagnostic system. We had 1000 patient records and we trained our disease diagnostic system using the mentioned algorithms so that they were able to predict the disease when certain info. was provided.

Currently working in Infosys, 2 years experience.
Working on Full Stack(Front End, Back End, Database, servers-infrastructure., CICD) for developing a framework. Also experienced in leading the team and calls with clients.
Interested for MS in CS(ML/AI/DS).
Could someone please suggest me universities (Safe, Moderate and Ambitious) for MS in CS(ML/AI/DS).

Please help me in categorizing following universities in safe, mod and ambitious. Do suggest universities which I may have missed or which should not be in the list.

UCLA
UCSD
UCI
TAMU
STONY
USC
UMass
NCSU
Virginia Tech
UMN
UT Austin

Thanks in advance.

Tagging seniors:

gurkanwals
The_Observer
Chirantar
Edulix_Editor
Dragon_Warrior
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 02:43 PM by hiback.)
09-10-2017 02:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
YugSingh Offline
New Edulixian

YugSingh Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 1
RE: Fall 2018 | MS | AI/ML/DS | G.R.E 325 (Q-165/V-160) |GPA 8.7 |TOEFL-112
Hi all,

I was not able to post as I was facing some issues with my Edulix Account. So my friend hiback posted above on my behalf.

Adding to the above post from my friend - Is it good to go for an online MS degree as opposed to going to US and then doing MS. What are the pros and cons if we do an online degree.

Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 02:49 PM by YugSingh.)
09-10-2017 02:46 PM
Chirantar Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Chirantar Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Likes Given: 3
(09-10-2017 02:36 PM)hiback Wrote:  /*Posting on friends behalf as he is not able to get his edulix account activated*/

TOEFL - 112

Internship project on Satellite Communication at ONGC. We studied about different antennas and how communication happens using satellites.

Final year project - Application of Machine Learning Algorithms on Benchmark medical Datasets. We used 4 different Machine Algorithms (K-Nearest Neighbor, Support Vector Machine, Neural Network, Smooth Support Vector Machine) to create a disease diagnostic system. We had 1000 patient records and we trained our disease diagnostic system using the mentioned algorithms so that they were able to predict the disease when certain info. was provided.

Working on Full Stack(Front End, Back End, Database, servers-infrastructure., CICD) for developing a framework. Also experienced in leading the team and calls with clients.
Could someone please suggest me universities (Safe, Moderate and Ambitious) for MS in CS(ML/AI/DS).

Please help me in categorizing following universities in safe, mod and ambitious. Do suggest universities which I may have missed or which should not be in the list.

UCLA
UCSD
UCI
TAMU
STONY
USC
UMass
NCSU
Virginia Tech
UMN
UT Austin

Thanks in advance.

Tagging seniors:

@[gurkanwals]
@[The_Observer]
@[Chirantar]
@[Edulix_Editor]
@[Dragon_Warrior]

Excellent Profile. Very good CGPA. Please mention that you were in top 10 in SoP and let it be mentioned by Head of Department in LoR.

UCLA Ambitious (Again very high applications every year and highly competitive school )
UCSD Moderately Ambitious
UCI Moderately Ambitious
TAMU Moderate
STONY Moderately Safe
USC Safe
UMass Safe for coursework , moderately ambitious for thesis
NCSU Moderately Ambitious
Virginia Tech Ambitious
UMN Moderate
UT Austin Highly Ambitious

On one hand in campus degree, the main learning comes through our peers and various other interactions we have during studies. Campus experience is completely different from an online one as it not only gives you cultural experiences and emulate you into a professional . Online Degree on other hand is great way if you don't wish to travel and want to study at home. However considering difference between total cost of an online degree and a campus degree, campus degree wins since it provides invaluable cultural and professional molding. All the best Smile

Infobank
TUM | TUB | Chalmers | KTH | Western Ontario
Destination: TUM
+Reputation
if my post helps
09-10-2017 05:07 PM
YugSingh Offline
New Edulixian

YugSingh Offline
New Edulixian

(09-10-2017 05:07 PM)Chirantar Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 02:36 PM)hiback Wrote:  /*Posting on friends behalf as he is not able to get his edulix account activated*/

TOEFL - 112

UCLA
UCSD
UCI
TAMU
STONY
USC
UMass
NCSU
Virginia Tech
UMN
UT Austin

Thanks in advance.

Tagging seniors:

@[gurkanwals]
@[The_Observer]
Chirantar
@[Edulix_Editor]
@[Dragon_Warrior]

Excellent Profile. Very good CGPA. Please mention that you were in top 10 in SoP and let it be mentioned by Head of Department in LoR.

UCLA Ambitious (Again very high applications every year and highly competitive school )
UCSD Moderately Ambitious
UCI Moderately Ambitious
TAMU Moderate
STONY Moderately Safe
USC Safe
UMass Safe for coursework , moderately ambitious for thesis
NCSU Moderately Ambitious
Virginia Tech Ambitious
UMN Moderate
UT Austin Highly Ambitious

On one hand in campus degree, the main learning comes through our peers and various other interactions we have during studies. Campus experience is completely different from an online one as it not only gives you cultural experiences and emulate you into a professional . Online Degree on other hand is great way if you don't wish to travel and want to study at home. However considering difference between total cost of an online degree and a campus degree, campus degree wins since it provides invaluable cultural and professional molding. All the best Smile

Hi Chirantar

Please also consider that I will be switching from ECE to CS.
Thanks
09-10-2017 05:31 PM
Chirantar Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Chirantar Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Likes Given: 3
[/quote]

Hi @[Chirantar]

Please also consider that I will be switching from ECE to CS.
Thanks
[/quote]

Even though you are switching what matters most is you did a excellent work in your undergraduate which is definitely gonna impress admission committee. On other hand I have seen lots of ECE graduates getting admission in top CS departments and there are many in my department too. In case of some deficiency knowledge, you will be required to take additional cs courses. If you play all your cards very well and explain in SoP your motivation to pursue CS master properly will enhance your chances even more. All the best Smile

Infobank
TUM | TUB | Chalmers | KTH | Western Ontario
Destination: TUM
+Reputation
if my post helps
09-10-2017 05:40 PM
YugSingh Offline
New Edulixian

YugSingh Offline
New Edulixian

Hi Chirantar,

Thanks for the earlier replies. They were really helpful.
Also in last few days I went through a lot of posts by other candidates looking at their list of universities and the replies from seniors(The_Observer). So taking a cue from these posts I have tweaked the list of universities a bit i.e. removed a few universities which I thought are way beyond my reach and added others which may again be too ambitious. But again I read somewhere on Edulix that it's good to maintain a mix of 30%, 40%, 30% for ambitious, moderate and safe universities while applying. So Please help in categorizing the new entries.

Old Entries -
UCSD - Moderately Ambitious
UCI - Moderately Ambitious
STONY - Moderately Safe

New Entries -
SUNY Buffalo
ASU
UFL
Upenn
University of Georgia
University of Colorado, Boulder

Also please mention whether I should drop a university from the list due to any reason(I have done the research but may have missed some important point) and if you have some other universities to suggest please do so.

Regards,
Yugander

Tagging seniors:

@[The_Observer]
@[Edulix_Editor]
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 06:56 PM by YugSingh.)
10-12-2017 06:54 PM
YugSingh Offline
New Edulixian

YugSingh Offline
New Edulixian

(10-12-2017 06:54 PM)YugSingh Wrote:  Hi Chirantar,

Thanks for the earlier replies. They were really helpful.
Also in last few days I went through a lot of posts by other candidates looking at their list of universities and the replies from seniors(The_Observer). So taking a cue from these posts I have tweaked the list of universities a bit i.e. removed a few universities which I thought are way beyond my reach and added others which may again be too ambitious. But again I read somewhere on Edulix that it's good to maintain a mix of 30%, 40%, 30% for ambitious, moderate and safe universities while applying. So Please help in categorizing the new entries.

Old Entries -
UCSD - Moderately Ambitious
UCI - Moderately Ambitious
STONY - Moderately Safe

New Entries -
SUNY Buffalo
ASU
UFL
Upenn
University of Georgia
University of Colorado, Boulder

Also please mention whether I should drop a university from the list due to any reason(I have done the research but may have missed some important point) and if you have some other universities to suggest please do so.

Regards,
Yugander

Tagging seniors:

@[The_Observer]
@[Edulix_Editor]

Tagging seniors -
Chirantar
MSmaverick
The_Chharraa
gurkanwals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-13-2017 02:17 PM