Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: Information on European Universities [CS]
Quote:5. 10th and 12th Mark sheets
6. Letter of Intent [Same as statement of purpose?]
7. Letter of Recommendation [?]

Have they asked for these documents? They have mentioned on their website that only send the required documents.

I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not.
01-18-2012 12:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 4
10th and 12th grade - [I thought transcripts included these]
Letter of Intent and Recommendation are university specific according to the website. I only have to send them if the universities I've applied to need them. So, I am currently looking at the 4 university websites to find if they want these.

So, which ones do I need to get attested?

01-18-2012 12:51 PM
billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

billa Offline
Edulix MVP
Edulix MVP

Likes Given: 0
(01-18-2012 12:51 PM)darklift Wrote:  10th and 12th grade - [I thought transcripts included these]
As far I know, they need only Bachelors transcripts.

darklift Wrote:So, which ones do I need to get attested?
Ask Rocker.pg

I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not.
01-18-2012 12:55 PM
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

Okay, thank you. Hope he comes online today Wink

01-18-2012 12:57 PM
Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 22
darklift Copied directly from Chalmers site.
Same goes for all the universities I guess.

Chalmers’ check list
Please make sure that you arrange the documents in the same order as indicated below.
Tick off the documents enclosed in your application package and add this check list to the package before sending it.
Required documents (mandatory)
 1. Cover sheet (exempted/not accessible to applicants with Swedish civic registration number)
 2. Diplomas from previous university studies or certificate of ongoing studies (if a Degree is not yet awarded)
 3. Transcripts of records (including grades) and syllabus (when required)
 4. Documentation of English language proficiency (As for a test sent directly from test center – submit a copy of test score or receipt/proof of notification.)
 5. Proof that you meet the specific entry requirements (i.e. documents according to the sections 2-4 and 8 are included)
 6. Relevant pages of your passport (or other valid identification document) with citizenship clearly visible.
 7. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
 8. Project Portfolio has been submitted separately according to instructions at http://www.chalmers.se
(The portfolio must not be enclosed in this package but is a specific required for some Master’s programs.)
Optional documents
 9. Letter of intent / motivation
 10. Relevant work experience
 11. Letters of recommendation
 12. Certificate of cumulative average grade (also called cumulative grade point average).
 13. Check list (The check list does not replace the cover sheet listed as required document nr 1.)

#2, #3 and #12 require attestation
Good Luck

Bank|MyEval|Guide
Decided on Destination??>>Look Here
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2012 01:04 PM by Rocker.pg.)
01-18-2012 12:59 PM
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

That was quick. Thanks a lot.

01-18-2012 01:07 PM
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hi,

Sorry for bumping.

Now that the sweden part is done(except for sending packets), can you suggest some Finnish Universities for my profile. Masters.eu only gives around 4 schools in the program that I'm interested in. Are those the only ones here? And are there any universities here that look at GRE scores. I know my GRE score is only average, but if they select solely based on my GPA then my chances here are the same as my chances in the US.

So far, these are the only ones I can find.

University of Tampere [Ranked as the best university in Finland according to 4icu.org]
University of Helsinki [Not thinking of applying here. I don't even meet their TOEFL requirements]
University of Oulu
Aalto University

There are two others. But, they don't look inviting for some reason.Mad

Thanks for reading

__
Just noticed that 4icu.org has changed a lot of rankings. A lot of US university ranks have gotten better. Universities that I considered average(Rank 500-600 in 2011) in the US are now at World Rank 100-200. This doesn't look good for me as more people are bound to apply here.
__

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2012 04:14 PM by darklift.)
01-18-2012 04:12 PM
Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Dude, You are lacking serious research on your part. If you want to make good decisions about your future, you got to be changing gears here. Have you even checked other threads? For instance visit my own profile evaluation thread attached to my signature. In finland, you can look out for:
1.University of Tampere
2.Tampere University of Technology
3.Lappeenranta University of Technology
4.Aalto University
5.University of Helsinki
6.University of Oulu
7.University of Eastern Finland

and many more..
Check out..
This Link

Try and come up with questions that have not been answered yet on this forum.
Use Edoogle to search the forums
Spoon Feeding will not develop the fighting temperament in you.

Good Luck

Bank|MyEval|Guide
01-18-2012 04:28 PM
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

The thing is, I already did read your profile and some other threads here. Your Profile is way different than mine in terms of scores and experience. So, the only part I found useful in your profile thread is the one post that mentions Swedish Blondes. Nice to know.

Other than that, I did mention that I found 2 other universities in Finland and that they don't have the course I like. So, yeah I know all the universities you mentioned in the above post except for the other Tampere University which I thought was the same as the one I mentioned.

And, I've already read somewhere that EU universities generally do not need GRE scores. So, again my question whether there are universities in Finland that do need GRE scores during application still stands.

When someone is doing something he/she has never done before, there will always be doubts and clarifications. Even after research, it is best to confirm whether what you found is true with someone who has already done it before. I see you've asked plenty of questions in your thread. So, I don't know why answering to these questions counts as spoon feeding.

Cheers

01-18-2012 04:57 PM
Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

Quote:So, the only part I found useful in your profile thread is the one post that mentions Swedish Blondes. Nice to know.

LOL Laughing Razz

Quote:And, I've already read somewhere that EU universities generally do not need GRE scores. So, again my question whether there are universities in Finland that do need GRE scores during application still stands.

They don't require or even recommend GRE Score. And since you have just average scores, that won't hide your "not-so-bad" score. Instead that'll complicate things up. If I were you, I would choose not to send in the scores. Instead, do you have Letters of Recommendation? They are not required but raise your chances in general. For Tampere University of Technology, LORs are mandatory and requires the recommendors to follow the format provided on their site and seal them in envelopes for the university to open. You should try working on them if don't have them already, that would be a better strategy to increase your chances.

Quote:When someone is doing something he/she has never done before, there will always be doubts and clarifications. Even after research, it is best to confirm whether what you found is true with someone who has already done it before. I see you've asked plenty of questions in your thread. So, I don't know why answering to these questions counts as spoon feeding.

As you must have seen, I myself am applying for Fall,2012 like you. So the answers provided are up to date and you shouldn't worry about validating them. I would take them word by word, if I were you. Anyways, I think I was a bit rude to you in my last post, so pardon me for that Smile

The life is too short for even any minor grudges and I suppose we are level with each other.

BTW I like your confidence there

Good Luck Mate

Bank|MyEval|Guide
01-18-2012 05:48 PM
darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

darklift Offline
Edulix Active Member

It's all good man. My apologies too, as my response was a little harsh and that too to someone who has helped me in previous posts.

Quote:Instead, do you have Letters of Recommendation? They are not required but raise your chances in general. For Tampere University of Technology, LORs are mandatory and requires the recommendors to follow the format provided on their site and seal them in envelopes for the university to open. You should try working on them if don't have them already, that would be a better strategy to increase your chances.
I have Recommendation Letters from three of my lecturers(one from the HOD) in envelopes. I only have 4 sets remaining though. Should use them carefully.

Anyways thanks a lot. Good luck to you too.

And well, out of topic, my main interest in Finland and Sweden are the northern lights. Always wanted to see them as a kid. That and the chicks now that I went through your thread. Wink

01-18-2012 06:19 PM
Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

Rocker.pg Offline
Edulix Active Member

(01-18-2012 06:19 PM)darklift Wrote:  I have Recommendation Letters from three of my lecturers(one from the HOD) in envelopes. I only have 4 sets remaining though. Should use them carefully.

You can get them Colored Photo Copy and then use them. Its not like you are cheating or something. And if you are worried about the committee accepting them, get them attested too. Once attested its like a whole new genuine copy.

(01-18-2012 06:19 PM)darklift Wrote:  And well, out of topic, my main interest in Finland and Sweden are the northern lights. Always wanted to see them as a kid. That and the chicks now that I went through your thread. Wink

Seriously mate, I just wish I could make the time run faster. I really want to get there. Very Happy

Bank|MyEval|Guide
01-19-2012 10:07 AM
Merlyn Offline
Edulix Active Member

Merlyn Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 2
lol lol lol lol lol lol
01-20-2012 12:25 AM
arkenheim Offline
Edulix Active Member

arkenheim Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 3
darklift i'm not sure if xerox copies(attested) of recommendation letters will work out...better send originals only...
if possible get some recommendations from noob lecturers... they will be ready to do it, send one from a PHd holder and another from noob's LOR... European universities generally don't ask for an LOR, so i think u can manage...
And if u haven't sent your application to sweden, send it Asap, DHL does not have express delivery to this place and it takes about 5 working days to reach...

01-20-2012 01:37 AM
RajnishGarg Offline
Edulix Active Member

RajnishGarg Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 5
I don't want to jump into someone's thread but I think it is relevant here so I am pasting my questions here.

I am also applying for 4 courses in Sweden. While creating the package I am confused in following things.

1. I am confused in Letter of Intent. As we are applying to more than one universities, then should we send 4 Letter of Intent or just generic one.

2. How to send TOEFL results in the package. ( I just know by sending through ETS on code 9250 for sweden)

3. Should we need to send "Certified Degree" in the University Envelope?

4. Can we Change the ranking of the university now (On 16 Jan, I still need to pay application fees.)

Could someone please shed some light on it.

01-20-2012 02:45 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread