Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
US sponsor for I20 only
nikhil2319 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Unisearch: Link

RE: US sponsor for I20 only

Hi
Since you advised to avoid showing US citizens as sponsors for I 20, there is another option I have.
I need ur opinion on this option.
My family sold a property in Calcutta recently (mid march). So, we can actually show 17 lakhs( I20 amount for TAMU) in the bank account. But the prob is, TAMU needs atleast 3 months of bank statement. So, if I have to wait for three months, it ll very late since the last date for receipt of financial resources proof is 10th July.

What do I do now? Shall I say tat I have sold property and actually have all the papers connected with its sale and it is all proper/legal money? Will they accept it?

P.S- Asking my US uncle to sponsor is my last option. My family is also reluctant towards using tat option.

04-03-2013 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
perplexed Offline
Finance/ Visa Master
Edulix Distinguished Contributor

(04-03-2013 10:02 PM)nikhil2319 Wrote:  Hi @[pramod.natraj]
Since you advised to avoid showing US citizens as sponsors for I 20, there is another option I have.
I need ur opinion on this option.
My family sold a property in Calcutta recently (mid march). So, we can actually show 17 lakhs( I20 amount for TAMU) in the bank account. But the prob is, TAMU needs atleast 3 months of bank statement. So, if I have to wait for three months, it ll very late since the last date for receipt of financial resources proof is 10th July.

What do I do now? Shall I say tat I have sold property and actually have all the papers connected with its sale and it is all proper/legal money? Will they accept it?

P.S- Asking my US uncle to sponsor is my last option. My family is also reluctant towards using tat option.

Yes it should be acceptable. I dont think they require the i20 amount to be there for the entire 3 months, they are trying to look at credibility of account and money so if you can explain the source of money it should be fine.

04-04-2013 01:19 AM
ashwin9839 Offline
New Edulixian

I'm also having a similar situation here.

I have showed my cousin (US citizen) as one of my sponsors in the financial form for the university to get the I-20 and they accepted.

Now, from different sources, I came to know that showing a US sponsor will not do good for the VI. I could manage some other sources for funding from India (loan) and I now have the following queries:

1. Is it ok to remove my US sponsor from the list and put the loan amount instead for the VI?

2. By any chance, the counsulate know that I have showed a US sponsor to my university?

2. Will it be a problem if I show diffenent sources of funding for VI?

05-14-2013 11:01 PM
perplexed Offline
Finance/ Visa Master

(05-14-2013 11:01 PM)ashwin9839 Wrote:  @[pramod.natraj]

I'm also having a similar situation here.

I have showed my cousin (US citizen) as one of my sponsors in the financial form for the university to get the I-20 and they accepted.

Now, from different sources, I came to know that showing a US sponsor will not do good for the VI. I could manage some other sources for funding from India (loan) and I now have the following queries:

1. Is it ok to remove my US sponsor from the list and put the loan amount instead for the VI?

2. By any chance, the counsulate know that I have showed a US sponsor to my university?

2. Will it be a problem if I show diffenent sources of funding for VI?

1. Yes
2. Depends on what is printed on your i20 check it if it has the US sponsor name
3. No

05-16-2013 10:34 AM
aswinasar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Wow. This is EXACTLY what I wanted to know. Thanks , for asking the questions and thanks to for the advice Smile

I finalised USC, but for providing financial proof, I have 20L as FD in my father's account. For the remaining 15L, I have a US sponsor. I'm planning to take loan as well, but the bank said they can provide 10L within a week and 20L within a month.

According to what I learned from this thread,
I will provide documents related to my dad and my sponsor to USC and get the i20. By the time I receive it, I will have the 20L loan sanctioned. For the VI, I will show that I have dad's FD + loan for 1.5 years.
And will provide CA statements for land and not mention about the US sponsor.

Is this fine?

http://www.edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=178762

USC | NYU | NCSU | TAMU | Stony Brook | UArizona | GeorgiaTech | Rutgers | U Minnesota TC | U of Michigan | Northeastern | Ohio State Uni | Indiana University Bloomington
Fall 2013
05-26-2013 04:20 PM
perplexed Offline
Finance/ Visa Master

(05-26-2013 04:20 PM)aswinasar Wrote:  Wow. This is EXACTLY what I wanted to know. Thanks @[nikhil2319], @[ashwin9839] for asking the questions and thanks to @[perplexed] for the advice Smile

I finalised USC, but for providing financial proof, I have 20L as FD in my father's account. For the remaining 15L, I have a US sponsor. I'm planning to take loan as well, but the bank said they can provide 10L within a week and 20L within a month.

I will provide documents related to my dad and my sponsor to USC and get the i20. By the time I receive it, I will have the 20L loan sanctioned. For the VI, I will show that I have dad's FD + loan for 1.5 years.

Is this fine?

Yes its fine

05-27-2013 02:19 AM
aswinasar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(05-27-2013 02:19 AM)perplexed Wrote:  
(05-26-2013 04:20 PM)aswinasar Wrote:  Wow. This is EXACTLY what I wanted to know. Thanks @[nikhil2319], @[ashwin9839] for asking the questions and thanks to for the advice Smile

Is this fine?

Yes its fine

Thank you

http://www.edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=178762

USC | NYU | NCSU | TAMU | Stony Brook | UArizona | GeorgiaTech | Rutgers | U Minnesota TC | U of Michigan | Northeastern | Ohio State Uni | Indiana University Bloomington
Fall 2013
05-27-2013 02:31 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread