Aalto mechanical
adityapelluri Offline
New Edulixian

adityapelluri Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
Aalto mechanical
Got an admit in Master's in Mechanical Engineering Aalto University Finland for this winter semester 2013/14...The university people had told me that they would send all the attachments by the end of may...So i would like to know about the course of study the environment over there and about the Finnish people there...Are there any Indians in this course pursuing master's in mechanical engg ??? What should be my work process till next month i.e, till they send me all the required attachments and what else should i do ? It is written in the website that the tuition fee is 8000 euros per year but in the admit mail which I've got they have mentioned that the academic year is from August 2013 to December 2014...So i'm a bit confused....And what about the cost of living ???????????
Please help me guys !!!!!!!
04-27-2013 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Sabyasachi121 Offline
New Edulixian

Sabyasachi121 Offline
New Edulixian

RE: Aalto mechanical
Hey, I am Sabyasachi from Delhi, India. Even I have received an Admit from Aalto (Masters in Mechanical Engineering). First of all, all you need to do right now is to send them a confirmation that you are accepting your place by 15th, May. That's it! The other required documents will be sent to you by the end of May.

As far as the culture, academic and research environment, even i am exploring that aspect. I request other members of Edulix to give us some input. All I have heard that the interdisciplinary research activities in Aalto are pretty good and the integration of three schools in 2010 has been a revolution. Also, the student activities are amazing and the life is good.

Your expenses (Cost of living) would be around 750-800 euros a month if you engage in a decent student life with regular social activities.

The academic year is from August 2013 to December 2014 as after that, the final 6 months will be a thesis project in the industry/academia wherein you will not be engaging in coursework.

Did you receive any scholarship? (If yes, which category?)
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 07:34 PM by Sabyasachi121.)
04-28-2013 11:13 AM
adityapelluri Offline
New Edulixian

adityapelluri Offline
New Edulixian

No i have not received any scholarship....And they have not mentioned anything about the confirmation or the acceptance letter....They told me to wait till they send the required attachments which is till the end of may....Are you there on Facebook ?
04-28-2013 05:53 PM
Sabyasachi121 Offline
New Edulixian

Sabyasachi121 Offline
New Edulixian

Yes i read it again and they had mentioned that I need to confirm that I'll be accepting the scholarship till 15th May.

Anyway.

I am on Facebook : facebook.com/sabyasachi.G.D
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 07:34 PM by Sabyasachi121.)
04-28-2013 06:01 PM
das_german Offline
Edulix Senior Member

das_german Offline
Edulix Senior Member

adityapelluri Sabyasachi121 First of all congrats guys. Please join Indian Students in Finland Facebook group, many Aalto seniors are there. You are most welcome to interact with them. I don't think it would cost like 750-800 Euros, I've seen many seniors here in edulix from Stockholm(one of the costliest cities in Scandinavia) costs 500 Euros p.m. Anyway, check out the facebook group and post question.

ATB Smile

DAAD Website. Period.
04-28-2013 06:50 PM
visakhcr Offline
Edulix Active Member

visakhcr Offline
Edulix Active Member

Just a quick question. I didn't receive any email from Aalto about confirmation of the admit. They just dropped an email on 26th asking to check the status of the application and I do have an admit for Machine Learning and Data Mining...do I need to do something to confirm the offer?
04-28-2013 07:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Sabyasachi121 Offline
New Edulixian

Sabyasachi121 Offline
New Edulixian

das_german: Thanks! I have joined it already.

visakhcr:

After the status check mail, I received another main regarding tuition which included the following:

Scholarship:
All scholarships are granted for the period: Aug 1st 2013-Dec 31st 2014.
If you have received a scholarship and are uncertain of what your scholarship category means, please visit our web page for further information: http://www.aalto.fi/en/studies/student/t...olarships/
Please note that you must confirm your scholarship by the May 15th in the Apply-system.

Scholarship and tuition fee statements:
You will receive the scholarship statement or tuition fee statement later in May. This information will be sent to you both by post and by e-mail. Student agreements (scholarships) and invoices (tuition fee) will be sent during June.

Residence permit:
The immigration service recommends that you use the electronic application when applying for a residence permit (note residence permit and not visa). This will be the fastest way to get your residence permit, since the applications submitted in the electronic application system are the first to be processed.
A link to the immigration service electronic application system:
https://e-asiointi.migri.fi.

If you have any additional questions regarding tuition fees or scholarships please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Eva-Lena Wakonen
Planning Officer/Scholarship Programmes
P.O. Box 13350
FI-00076 AALTO

So, basically if you haven't received a scholarship, you don't need to do anything right now. If you have, you need to respond.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 07:38 PM by Sabyasachi121.)
04-28-2013 07:37 PM
visakhcr Offline
Edulix Active Member

visakhcr Offline
Edulix Active Member

(04-28-2013 07:37 PM)Sabyasachi121 Wrote:  das_german: Thanks! I have joined it already.

visakhcr:

After the status check mail, I received another main regarding tuition which included the following:

Scholarship:
All scholarships are granted for the period: Aug 1st 2013-Dec 31st 2014.
If you have received a scholarship and are uncertain of what your scholarship category means, please visit our web page for further information: http://www.aalto.fi/en/studies/student/t...olarships/
Please note that you must confirm your scholarship by the May 15th in the Apply-system.

Scholarship and tuition fee statements:
You will receive the scholarship statement or tuition fee statement later in May. This information will be sent to you both by post and by e-mail. Student agreements (scholarships) and invoices (tuition fee) will be sent during June.

Residence permit:
The immigration service recommends that you use the electronic application when applying for a residence permit (note residence permit and not visa). This will be the fastest way to get your residence permit, since the applications submitted in the electronic application system are the first to be processed.
A link to the immigration service electronic application system:
https://e-asiointi.migri.fi.

If you have any additional questions regarding tuition fees or scholarships please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Eva-Lena Wakonen
Planning Officer/Scholarship Programmes
P.O. Box 13350
FI-00076 AALTO

So, basically if you haven't received a scholarship, you don't need to do anything right now. If you have, you need to respond.

Thank you. Since my course doesn't have any tuition fees, they don't offer any scholarship. Maybe that's why I didn't receive any email from them. Thanks again.
04-28-2013 08:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread