29th Aug 2013 || 12:30 || Mumbai Consulate || HS Offenburg || CME
aadipat Offline
New Edulixian

aadipat Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
29th Aug 2013 || 12:30 || Mumbai Consulate || HS Offenburg || CME
This is my visa interview experience at the “Office of Consular General of the Federal Republic of Germany, Mumbai”.

I entered the Office at around 12.20 p.m. One cannot locate the office entrance easily as entry gate of the office looks like an entrance of resto-bar. You need to knock the heavy metal door after which security personnel open the gate for you.

“Which type of visa?” Security asked me in his heavy voice. “Student visa” I said. Security personnel checked my baggage and asked me to switch off mobile phone. A person sitting in a cabin which was very next to security gate called me. He gave me a page on which the order of documents and few instructions were written.

This area is like a waiting room you find on railway stations. Few guys were sitting idle and others were arranging their docs as instructed.

I immediately went to a table kept beside chairs and started arranging docs according to page given. As I remember, required sequence was like this -

1. Visa Form
2. Cover Letter
3. Admission Letter from university
4. Degree Certificate
5. English Language Certificate
6. Health Insurance
7. Confirmation of blocked account
8. Passport copy
9. Declaration form
(Note: Any other relevant document must be kept separately and presented if officer asks for. So I made another 2 sets of such relevant but non-required documents.)

With all sets, I again went to a guy sitting in cabin. He checked my docs and passport carefully. After this, he issued me a token number 12. A security person guided me to the main hall.

In the main hall, there were in all 5 counters, all closed. Shortly all the chairs in a hall got occupied. 80% of the candidates were students. At 1 p.m. sharp, window number 1 got opened. A fat Indian lady was sitting behind a thick glass window. She took few minutes to start her machine and arrange table.

Finally I heard the announcement “token number 1 may proceed to counter number 1”. A guy sitting next to me stood up and went to the counter. Within next 5-10 minutes, all the remaining counters got opened. All were Indian lady officers. Each interview lasted for approx 10-15 minutes.

And finally it was my turn. I went to the counter immediately and greeted the officer. She also responded with a smile and asked for the 2 sets of copies and a demand draft.

While going through documents, she asked few questions -

VO: Where is your university located?
Me: In Offenburg…south Germany.
VO: Okay. What is the duration of course?
Me: 2 years.
VO: Do you need to possess any German language skills before you join the course?
Me: No ma’am, course is 100% in English. I am already attending classes for A1 and will be attending summer course in the university.
VO: So when are you joining from?
Me: From 2 September.
VO: What are the course fees?
Me: 226 Euros. Ma’am I have already paid the university fees. Should I show the confirmation letter sent by university?
VO: Not needed.

(She was simultaneously writing something on my visa form)

Then she handed over a questionnaire and asked me to come back again after completing it. I left the window and again sat on chair. The questions were like these-

What are the reasons behind choosing the particular course?
What was the language of instruction during your school and high school?
What will you do after completing the course?
Name any English book you read recently. Who wrote that book? Summarize the contents of book.
Write two names of researchers from your field of study.
Who gave you the idea of ‘Studying in Germany’?
While I was writing answers, Officer was attending other applicant. She called me after 10 minutes and collected the page. Then she recorded my hand and thumb impressions. She again took few minutes to type something on her machine.

VO: What did you do in last two years? (I have passed my B.E. exam in 2011)
Me: I am working as a Research Intern in……… from last 2 years.
VO: Okay. Have you already resigned?
Me: No ma’am, not yet.
VO: Do you have any document supporting to your employment?

(I presented an original copy of a letter issued by my office for visa purpose. She kept this copy with her. She also asked me to show originals of degree certificate, ToEFL mark sheet and few other documents. Then she stamped my passport with the “D” (denotes long-term visa application) and date of interview and gave back to me))

VO: Okay, it is done. Consulate will call you to inform the result. This may take 6-8 weeks.
Me: Thank you ma’am.

I came out of the consulate building at 2.30 p.m.

Please note -

1)Officer did not ask for any other documents except the ones listed above. But this may not be the case every time. It is always recommended to carry each and every possible document. List of these other documents is as below -
1. Copy of appointment confirmation
2. Copy of university fee receipt
3. Affidavit of financial support
4. University transcript
5. School leaving certificate
6. Secondary School Certificate
7. Higher Secondary School Certificate
8. 3 extra photos
9. Letter from employer

2)It is not required to attest any of the documents.

3)Enter the consulate premises well before your appointment slot. They do not even see your appointment timings and simply follow the first come first serve rule.
4)Officer may ask you to introduce yourself in German as per the course you have taken. This happened with a guy sitting next to me as his course was 80% in English and 20% in German. So prepare for this too.

This is all I can recall from the day. Hope this helps you. I wish you all the best. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2015 11:02 PM by nimbus_2000.)
07-08-2013 05:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
sh1va Offline
New Edulixian

sh1va Offline
New Edulixian

RE: Germany Visa at Mumbai Consulate-2013
I was looking for the Sequence of documents, Thank you.
08-07-2013 09:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
jaymin915 Offline
New Edulixian

jaymin915 Offline
New Edulixian

RE: Germany Visa at Mumbai Consulate-2013
did u got ur visa bro...????
08-15-2013 12:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply