Edulix Distinguished Contributor

nimbus_2000 Offline

Likes Given: 3
Unisearch: Link
A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate
So you have gotten your first admit into a German University. First of all congratulations! Now you must be wondering what steps are to be taken next. Don’t worry! Bleib ruhig! This post will guide you through all the steps to be taken for Blocked Account Attestation.

Note: All information given here is specifically for the Mumbai Consulate and will differ for the other consulates.

Blocked Account Attestation is done at the Mumbai Consulate only on Tuesdays and Thurdays. You do not require taking any prior appointments for it. Also, the charges for the attestation are zero if you have the admission letter. (One of the advantages of Mumbai Consulate). EDIT: They have started charging 20 Euros for attestation from 2014 onwards.

What documents do you need?

1. Passport Copy – Take a copy of the data pages

2. Admission Letter Copy -
You can even take the printout of the email confirming your admission into the program or the printout of the scanned copy of the admission letter.

3. Deutsche Bank Form -
Filling the form (Guidelines to be followed):
-You can find the form at the following website:-
https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pfb/data/do...udents.pdf
-Do not fill Branch Number, Customer Number and BLZ. These will be filled by the bank authorities once your form reaches them.
-You can tick the Online Banking option. There are no extra charges for that.
-Put the date as the date on which you are going to get the form attested. Write the town/city as Mumbai.
-Do not sign the form. You have to sign it only in front of the embassy officials.

4. (If required) Proof of Residence Copy -
This is required only of the address in your passport is outside the jurisdiction of the Mumbai Consulate. For example, my address on the passport was of NIT Calicut, Kerala. Hence, they asked me to produce proof that my current address falls in a city which is under the Mumbai Consulate. You can take some sort of Address proof like Driving License, Aadhaar Card or even Ration Card/Voter ID Card.

Once, you have collected the above documents, you can land at the Mumbai consulate a few minutes before 9AM. The security personnel only allow you to enter at 9AM. You can submit your documents between 09.00 to 11.30 a.m. Please remember that the attestation is done only on Tuesdays and Thurdays.

The address is as follows:
Hoechst House, 10th Floor,
193 Backbay Reclamation, Nariman Point,
Mumbai 400 021

To be on the safer side, keep two copies of all documents. Also, keep all original documents with you. Once you have submitted your documents you can collect it from 2:30PM to 3:00PM.

That is it! You are done with the attestation!

Once you are done with the attestion you can send the form and the certified copy of the passport to the Leipzig address:
Deutsche Bank
Privat- und Geschäftskunden AG
Frankfurter Straße 1
04024 Leipzig
Germany

Mostly, you should get the mail regarding the opening of the blocked account within 7 working days after the form reaches them. You will receive a scanned pdf of the account opening document. This should contain all the information required for transfer of funds such as IBAN(International Bank Account Number), BLZ(Bankleitzahl), BIC (Bank ID Code). With this information, you should be able to proceed with the transfer of funds. Transfer the funds via nationalized banks to get the lowest exchange rates. Always transfer some extra amount (~8200 Euros). I recommend this while sometimes the bank in Germany might deduct some amount as transfer charges. Also, keep in mind that you will not get any notification from Deutsche Bank if you transfer amount less than the blocked amount.

Mostly, after transferring the funds, you should receive an email confirming the entry of funds within 7 working days. With this confirmation, you should be able to proceed with the Visa too.

If you do not receive any email after transferring funds or if there is an error in your name or DOB then you can contact Deutsche Bank through this link:
https://secure.deutsche-bank.de/forms/pb...nt_en.html

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

a. My friend and I got the blocked account attestation together. Can we send both our forms in the same packet?
A. I like the way you think mate. Yes. You can! I sent it with two of my other friends via DHL. It costs 2700 bucks to send it to non-university addresses. (Yes. You cannot use your university offer of DHL). Just make sure that both your forms are in different packets. Like your form and passport copy should be in a separate packet and your friend's too. You can put all these packets in one big packet and send it together.

b. What if I want to change my university later? Can my account be transferred to the new city?
A. Yup, it is not an issue. You can give the location as the old university in the Deutsche Bank form and wait for the admission results of another university. You can operate your account in a different city too (Including un-blocking of the account). Many of us seniors have our accounts in another city and it is not at all a problem. Important is to start this process at the earliest possible time as sometimes it may take 15-20 days to get replies from Deutsche Bank during peak periods. The earlier you submit your form, the earlier you will get the reply from them.

c. Do we get a notification from bank when we transfer the blocked amount? How will one know that the amount is credited in blocked account?
A. You will get the first email from DB containing the account number and other details.
A few days after transferring the blocked amount, you get another email from DB stating that they have received the funds. Note that you will not get this email if you transfer anything less than 8090 Euros. The print out of the second email is required for the Visa interview.

I will not be liable to any loss or damages occurring due to this post. This was the process to the best of my knowledge for Winter Semester 2013. I will try to keep this post updated. Please keep checking the embassy website for the latest information.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 02:51 PM by nimbus_2000.)
07-24-2013 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
A Complete Guide To Blocked Account Attestation at Mumbai Consulate - nimbus_2000 - 07-24-2013 12:33 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread