JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
Germany - Changing the University, AFTER completion of Visa Interview
Hello Guys

I have completed my VI (4 days ago) with an admit letter from TU Kaiserslautern for CVT, and i have just received an admit from TH Ingolstadt for Int Automotive Engg.

Is it possible to change the University considering that im done with my VI, if yes could someone please tell me the procedure, id call the consulate but for that i need to wait till Monday.

Hopeful for a reply
Thanks Everyone Smile
07-26-2013 10:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
das_german Offline
Edulix Senior Member

das_german Offline
Edulix Senior Member

RE: Germany - Changing the University, AFTER completion of Visa Interview
Discussed many times, search the threads. It is possible, you need to register to the city of the university and also the university.

DAAD Website. Period.
07-27-2013 06:05 PM
JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Okay will do..

Thanks! Smile
07-27-2013 08:10 PM
tadasa Offline
New Edulixian

tadasa Offline
New Edulixian

(07-27-2013 08:10 PM)JuliusCaesar Wrote:  Okay will do..

Thanks! Smile

Hi,

Please call your corresponding counsellate for the detail explanation.
As per my discussion with Mumbai Counsellate, they said i need to cancel all my process that I have initiated for the current university and apply afresh for the other university, which includes appearing for the VISA interview again with a new date. SadSad

We cannot use the VISA whose process is already started for the other university.

Hope this helps... Smile
07-30-2013 02:00 PM
ratansagar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ratansagar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(07-30-2013 02:00 PM)tadasa Wrote:  

Thanks! Smile

Hi,

As per my discussion with Mumbai Counsellate, they said i need to cancel all my process that I have initiated for the current university and apply afresh for the other university, which includes appearing for the VISA interview again with a new date. SadSad

We cannot use the VISA whose process is already started for the other university.

Hope this helps... Smile

tadasa
regarding this i asked vsm who changed his university after reaching germany with the visa granded in the name of another university.

he said "Yes it is possible. I did it.Just go directly to new university city and get the city registration done. After that go to Aliens office for getting a visa date for Resident permit. Nothing happens on paper as such to ensure the university change. For city registration you need to have your housing contract with you. Although it is a very simple process and I didn't faced any problems at all but I will advice you to go and talk to the Aliens office first and then follow the procedure. I also did the same thing."

i think this might help you.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 05:36 PM by ratansagar.)
07-31-2013 05:35 PM
JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(07-31-2013 05:35 PM)ratansagar Wrote:  

Thanks! Smile

Hi,

Hope this helps... Smile

tadasa
regarding this i asked vsm who changed his university after reaching germany with the visa granded in the name of another university.

he said "Yes it is possible. I did it.Just go directly to new university city and get the city registration done. After that go to Aliens office for getting a visa date for Resident permit. Nothing happens on paper as such to ensure the university change. For city registration you need to have your housing contract with you. Although it is a very simple process and I didn't faced any problems at all but I will advice you to go and talk to the Aliens office first and then follow the procedure. I also did the same thing."

I tried calling the chennai consulate, they seem too "busy" to take even a single call. Left them a mail.
Have no where to look for, to get any information!! Any suggestions about this ??

Thanks! Smile

Hi,

Hope this helps... Smile

Oh!! So did you start the process allover again ??
But, That would take a lot of time!
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 09:30 PM by JuliusCaesar.)
07-31-2013 09:29 PM
ratansagar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ratansagar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 10:31 PM by ratansagar.)
07-31-2013 10:25 PM
JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

07-31-2013 10:35 PM
ratansagar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ratansagar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 08:27 AM by ratansagar.)
08-01-2013 08:19 AM
JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(08-01-2013 08:19 AM)ratansagar Wrote:  
(07-31-2013 10:35 PM)JuliusCaesar Wrote:  
(07-31-2013 10:25 PM)ratansagar Wrote:  
(07-31-2013 09:29 PM)JuliusCaesar Wrote:  
(07-31-2013 05:35 PM)ratansagar Wrote:  Hi,

Hope this helps... Smile

tadasa

I tried calling the chennai consulate, they seem too "busy" to take even a single call. Left them a mail.
Have no where to look for, to get any information!! Any suggestions about this ??

@[JuliusCaesar]
Well mail didn't work.I kept a mail a month ago regarding this. But no reply till now.So I asked seniors in edulix to help me regarding this and got replies positively that we can change.Better call them again.
Once you got the reply regarding this.Keep an update which will be helpful to us.Very Happy

Smile Ok, will do. so what is your situation? w=and what are you goin to do ?
I am waiting for my visa approval.I will think of change in uni later.
Did your visa approved?
I have done my VI on 25 th of july and waiting for their call.
Did you said any this to TUK regarding this?

I tried to contact TH Ingolstadt, but not TU K, waiting for their response. Meanwhile Just got the Official Correspondence from the chennai consulate!!Brick wall

//
Dear Sir/Madam,

in this case you have to submit a new application and undergo a new interview.

kind regards
-visa section-

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Chennai Consulate General
Datum: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 11:32:04 +0200 (CEST)
Von: noreply@info.auswaertiges-amt.de
An: info@chennai.diplo.de

Dies ist ein Formular der: indien

Subject of your query:: Visa matters

Iam Srujan Korlakunta, from Hyderabad, and i have completed my Visa Interview on the 22nd of July 2013, with an admit letter from Technische Universitat Kaiserslautern. And recently got back my Passport via post.

But, after completion of my interview, i received an admit from TH Ingolstadt, which iam very keen on taking up.

I have been trying to establish a connection with the Consulate on phone, but was not able to get one.

Could you please tell me the process that i should undergo to change the University now.

//
08-01-2013 08:58 AM
ratansagar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ratansagar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(08-01-2013 08:58 AM)JuliusCaesar Wrote:  
(07-31-2013 10:25 PM)ratansagar Wrote:  
(07-31-2013 09:29 PM)JuliusCaesar Wrote:  @[tadasa]

JuliusCaesar
Well mail didn't work.I kept a mail a month ago regarding this. But no reply till now.So I asked seniors in edulix to help me regarding this and got replies positively that we can change.Better call them again.
Once you got the reply regarding this.Keep an update which will be helpful to us.Very Happy

Did your visa approved?

I tried to contact TH Ingolstadt, but not TU K, waiting for their response. Meanwhile Just got the Official Correspondence from the chennai consulate!!Brick wall

//
Dear Sir/Madam,

kind regards
-visa section-

Iam Srujan Korlakunta, from Hyderabad, and i have completed my Visa Interview on the 22nd of July 2013, with an admit letter from Technische Universitat Kaiserslautern. And recently got back my Passport via post.

But, after completion of my interview, i received an admit from TH Ingolstadt, which iam very keen on taking up.

I have been trying to establish a connection with the Consulate on phone, but was not able to get one.

Could you please tell me the process that i should undergo to change the University now.

//

So it is not possible to change the university.what are you planning now?
08-01-2013 09:34 AM
JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

JuliusCaesar Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(08-01-2013 09:34 AM)ratansagar Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 08:58 AM)JuliusCaesar Wrote:  
(07-31-2013 10:25 PM)ratansagar Wrote:  I tried calling the chennai consulate, they seem too "busy" to take even a single call. Left them a mail.

@[JuliusCaesar]

Did your visa approved?

//
Dear Sir/Madam,

kind regards
-visa section-

//

So it is not possible to change the university.what are you planning now?

I'll wait for the Visa.. pretty much nothing that i can do
08-01-2013 11:04 AM
tadasa Offline
New Edulixian

tadasa Offline
New Edulixian

JuliusCaesar

My VISA interview date is on 12th. Even If I receive the admit for TU Dresden later, I will go for the TU Dresden... Lets see how things turn out..
So you are now waiting for the VISA completion of TU K??
If you are seriously thinking about going for TH Ingolstadt then better cancel the process for TU K and start with the VISA date for TH Ingolstadt.
Get in touch with Counsellate for the exact process.
08-01-2013 01:07 PM
anuragm Away

anuragm Away

Likes Given: 10
Let me give you guys a detailed answer for the final time.

First, how does the visa process work? You are given a multiple entry visa Type D visa at the Consulate in India which allows you to enter Germany for your studies. On paper, this visa also clearly states that it is valid only for studying in the specific university you had applied for. Now, you will land in a city like Frankfurt or Berlin at first where you will be asked your purpose of visit. You may have to produce your letter of admit at this time. Once this is done, you are legally allowed to go anywhere you want throughout Germany (but you are only allowed to study at the specific university). You can take a train/bus to your destination city (on paper or otherwise) and chances are slim that your passport will be checked after this point as long as you have proper tickets. Even if it is checked it will be fine because you have done nothing wrong - yet!

This is why a lot of people say that you don't need to get your visa changed. However, I do not support doing this unless absolutely necessary. It may seem to be trivial because the visa is rendered invalid once you register in the city get a residence permit made. However, if you are caught it may have dire consequences. As someone above suggested, it is a good idea to talk to the officials at the Ausländerbehörde in your city when you arrive and explain why you changed your university.

08-01-2013 03:50 PM
tadasa Offline
New Edulixian

tadasa Offline
New Edulixian

Thanks a lot for the information anuragm.Smile
That was really helpful.ApplauseApplause
08-02-2013 03:22 PM