EdulixExpress
EdulixExpress
Chat
Chat
Blog
Grad Studies
About Us
About Edulix
[**Delhi Meet - 2017**] [Fall 17 Profile Evaluation Forum] [Kindly read profile evaluation guide before creating threads]
[Use Edoogle Google Custom Search for Edulix] [Here is an overview of the application process]

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.29 Average
Stevens Institute of Technology - MSIS/MIS
harshikha Offline
New Edulixian

harshikha Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: Stevens Institute of Technology - MSIS/MIS
Is it necessary to fill the financial verification form? Wouldn't uploading the Official bank statement work alone? The financial verification form says "It is not necessary to have the Financial Verification Form notarized. Note also that if you plan to use your personal funds to cover all of your educational and living expenses while at Stevens, you are not required to submit the Financial Verification Form. (The official bank statement IS still required)." For this reason I did not fill this form, but now my application status page says that the university is awaiting for this form. Also, the official GRE score will take some time to reach to the university. However, they have received the unofficial score. Will these factors result into delay of my application review by the committee? Please help me out!
12-15-2015 07:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
RedDevil_07 Away
Edulix Active Member

RedDevil_07 Away
Edulix Active Member

(12-15-2015 07:44 PM)harshikha Wrote:  Is it necessary to fill the financial verification form? Wouldn't uploading the Official bank statement work alone? The financial verification form says "It is not necessary to have the Financial Verification Form notarized. Note also that if you plan to use your personal funds to cover all of your educational and living expenses while at Stevens, you are not required to submit the Financial Verification Form. (The official bank statement IS still required)." For this reason I did not fill this form, but now my application status page says that the university is awaiting for this form. Also, the official GRE score will take some time to reach to the university. However, they have received the unofficial score. Will these factors result into delay of my application review by the committee? Please help me out!

I think you should call and ask them about this. I didn't upload any financial form. If they have received your unofficial score then it is enough.

12-15-2015 09:59 PM
amolsjain89 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

amolsjain89 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Got an admit for MS BI&A: Fall 2016 Smile

My profile:
http://edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=284620
12-17-2015 10:54 PM
united23 Offline
New Edulixian

united23 Offline
New Edulixian

Does anyone have idea how is Business Process manageent concentration in MSIS course at Stevens?
I mean does it have demand for jobs there??
My current work is related to Business Process management

12-18-2015 05:28 PM
enthu_challenger Offline
Edulix Frequent User

enthu_challenger Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 2
While reviewing my application, I am not able to view my TOEFL scores already entered in the space provided for the same. It is being shown blank in spite of entering the score in the Test scores section of the application form. Should I be submitting the application ?
I have mailed them no reply yet .Anyone facing a similar situation ?
01-11-2016 09:45 AM
ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

(12-18-2015 05:28 PM)united23 Wrote:  Does anyone have idea how is Business Process manageent concentration in MSIS course at Stevens?
I mean does it have demand for jobs there??
My current work is related to Business Process management

Hi united23,

I am just graduated from Stevens and my concentration was BPM. BPM is definitely up and coming with lots of job opportunities in the tri state area especially in workflow management and tools like Pega etc. Companies like Capgemini, Virtusa are definitely looking at candidates who have a degree in BPM. Hope that answers your question sufficiently.

Best,
Shilpi

Stevens IS Grad 2016
My profile --> Infobank
Click here to rate my posts!

SUNYB || UIC || UMCP || Stevens Institute of Technology - Destination|| UCinn
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 01:11 AM by ShilpiTalukdar.)
01-12-2016 01:04 AM
ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

(01-11-2016 09:45 AM)enthu_challenger Wrote:  While reviewing my application, I am not able to view my TOEFL scores already entered in the space provided for the same. It is being shown blank in spite of entering the score in the Test scores section of the application form. Should I be submitting the application ?

Hi enthu_challenger,

I understand your concern. I just graduated from Stevens and having worked in the administrative offices on campus before, I can tell you that they are swamped with applications right now and hence there might a 2-3 business days delay in responding to your query. However, please go ahead and submit your application. They can always e-mail you back for your TOEFL scores and anyway, you will have to send your official toefl scores to them upon admission. Hope this helps!

Best,
Shilpi

Stevens IS Grad 2016
My profile --> Infobank

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 01:13 AM by ShilpiTalukdar.)
01-12-2016 01:10 AM
ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

(12-15-2015 07:44 PM)harshikha Wrote:  Is it necessary to fill the financial verification form? Wouldn't uploading the Official bank statement work alone? The financial verification form says "It is not necessary to have the Financial Verification Form notarized. Note also that if you plan to use your personal funds to cover all of your educational and living expenses while at Stevens, you are not required to submit the Financial Verification Form. (The official bank statement IS still required)." For this reason I did not fill this form, but now my application status page says that the university is awaiting for this form. Also, the official GRE score will take some time to reach to the university. However, they have received the unofficial score. Will these factors result into delay of my application review by the committee? Please help me out!

harshikha,

If either of your parents or a relative is sponsoring your studies at Stevens, then they need to fill out the Financial Verification Form (FVF). What the form means is that, if your bank account under YOUR name has the funds, then you do not need to sign the FVF form. The FVF form is required for issuance of your I -20. You do not need this just for an admit.

As for your GRE scores, the unofficial version is enough to grant you an admit. Hope this helps.

Best,
Shilpi

Stevens IS Grad 2016
My profile --> Infobank

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 01:39 AM by ShilpiTalukdar.)
01-12-2016 01:16 AM
ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

(11-14-2015 12:06 AM)NYCLove Wrote:  @[ankitthescorpion]

I have a query regarding the financial docs.
The tuition fee for the first year is approx 53k,
If im able to show 47k liquid assets while submitting the application, will i be denied admit?

Hi NYCLove

Your admission to Stevens does not depend on your ability to show funds, You will be given an admit. However, for an issuance of I-20 for immigration purposes, you will need to show liquid assets equal to or more than 53K USD. Hope this helps.

Stevens IS Grad 2016
My profile --> Infobank

01-12-2016 01:42 AM
enthu_challenger Offline
Edulix Frequent User

enthu_challenger Offline
Edulix Frequent User

While reviewing my application, I am not able to view my TOEFL scores already entered in the space provided for the same. It is being shown blank in spite of entering the score in the Test scores section of the application form. Should I be submitting the application ?
[/quote]

Hi @[enthu_challenger],

I understand your concern. I just graduated from Stevens and having worked in the administrative offices on campus before, I can tell you that they are swamped with applications right now and hence there might a 2-3 business days delay in responding to your query. However, please go ahead and submit your application. They can always e-mail you back for your TOEFL scores and anyway, you will have to send your official toefl scores to them upon admission. Hope this helps!

Best,
Shilpi
[/quote]

Thanks ShilpiTalukdar , i received a repply from them saying they have received my unofficial score and I can go ahead with the submission .
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 08:57 AM by enthu_challenger.)
01-12-2016 08:47 AM
enthu_challenger Offline
Edulix Frequent User

enthu_challenger Offline
Edulix Frequent User

How is the MS BI&A program at Stevens as compared to MS IS with Business Intelligence and Analytics Concentration.
Will the courses which are not in MS IS with Businesss INtelligence and Analytics Concentration but present in MS BI&A program (like BIA 650 Optimization and Process Analytics, BIA 670 Risk Management Methods & Applications*, BIA 656 Statistical Learning & Analytics, BIA 676 Data Stream Analytics*) involve a a great deal of Quantitative stuff and Statistics ?

I am inclined towards Big Data and Analytics and confused between choosing one of the 2 programs .Please help .

Also, is there any specific advantage or disadvantage with respect to both the programs in terms of roi , internship and TA/GA?

Tagging Seniors vvsaucse , ShilpiTalukdar
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 09:06 AM by enthu_challenger.)
01-12-2016 08:55 AM
ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

(01-12-2016 08:55 AM)enthu_challenger Wrote:  How is the MS BI&A program at Stevens as compared to MS IS with Business Intelligence and Analytics Concentration.
Will the courses which are not in MS IS with Businesss INtelligence and Analytics Concentration but present in MS BI&A program (like BIA 650 Optimization and Process Analytics, BIA 670 Risk Management Methods & Applications*, BIA 656 Statistical Learning & Analytics, BIA 676 Data Stream Analytics*) involve a a great deal of Quantitative stuff and Statistics ?

I am inclined towards Big Data and Analytics and confused between choosing one of the 2 programs .Please help .

Also, is there any specific advantage or disadvantage with respect to both the programs in terms of roi , internship and TA/GA?

Tagging Seniors @[vvsaucse] , @[ShilpiTalukdar]

enthu_challenger MSIS with BIA is completely different than MS in BIA. So technically, if you are a person with interest in Big Data & Analytics, I would ask you to go for MS in BIA. Because, the core courses in BIA are completely different from those of IS. In terms of course structure, what happens is, if you take MS in IS with BIA concentration, most of the courses will be business oriented with Organizational Behavior or Financial Decision Making And IT Strategy. From the BIA courses, you can take only upto 3 courses. Also, if you get an internship, the internship would utilize upto 3 credits of your concentration (1 course). So, all in all, you will end up with just 2 courses of BIA concentration.

On the other hand, if you choose MS in BIA, you would have all the courses dedicated to BIA including Risk Management, Statistical Learning, Regression Analysis etc. and also you would have BIA bootcamps conducted by Stevens for hands on practice of the topic you are learning.

People who take up MS in BIA, end up becoming Data Scientists or Financial Analysts or some kind of analysts. People in MS IS are more inclined towards development, system analysis, business analysis or technology analysts.

However, the options for TA/RA in both the course are equal. Hope this helps

Stevens IS Grad 2016
My profile --> Infobank

01-13-2016 06:59 AM
enthu_challenger Offline
Edulix Frequent User

enthu_challenger Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(01-13-2016 06:59 AM)ShilpiTalukdar Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 08:55 AM)enthu_challenger Wrote:  How is the MS BI&A program at Stevens as compared to MS IS with Business Intelligence and Analytics Concentration.

Tagging Seniors @[vvsaucse] , ShilpiTalukdar

@[enthu_challenger] MSIS with BIA is completely different than MS in BIA. So technically, if you are a person with interest in Big Data & Analytics, I would ask you to go for MS in BIA. Because, the core courses in BIA are completely different from those of IS. In terms of course structure, what happens is, if you take MS in IS with BIA concentration, most of the courses will be business oriented with Organizational Behavior or Financial Decision Making And IT Strategy. From the BIA courses, you can take only upto 3 courses. Also, if you get an internship, the internship would utilize upto 3 credits of your concentration (1 course). So, all in all, you will end up with just 2 courses of BIA concentration.

On the other hand, if you choose MS in BIA, you would have all the courses dedicated to BIA including Risk Management, Statistical Learning, Regression Analysis etc. and also you would have BIA bootcamps conducted by Stevens for hands on practice of the topic you are learning.

People who take up MS in BIA, end up becoming Data Scientists or Financial Analysts or some kind of analysts. People in MS IS are more inclined towards development, system analysis, business analysis or technology analysts.

Thanks a lot ShilpiTalukdar . Is it proper to mark stevens as a safe for MSBIA as well if i considered it safe for MSIS or is the admission cuttooff high for MSBIA. I am considering MSBIA safe for GRE of 304 and TOEFl of 96.Is that proper ?
01-15-2016 12:58 AM
ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

ShilpiTalukdar Offline
Edulix Active Member

(01-15-2016 12:58 AM)enthu_challenger Wrote:  
(01-13-2016 06:59 AM)ShilpiTalukdar Wrote:  

Tagging Seniors @[vvsaucse] , @[ShilpiTalukdar]

enthu_challenger MSIS with BIA is completely different than MS in BIA. So technically, if you are a person with interest in Big Data & Analytics, I would ask you to go for MS in BIA. Because, the core courses in BIA are completely different from those of IS. In terms of course structure, what happens is, if you take MS in IS with BIA concentration, most of the courses will be business oriented with Organizational Behavior or Financial Decision Making And IT Strategy. From the BIA courses, you can take only upto 3 courses. Also, if you get an internship, the internship would utilize upto 3 credits of your concentration (1 course). So, all in all, you will end up with just 2 courses of BIA concentration.

Thanks a lot @[ShilpiTalukdar] . Is it proper to mark stevens as a safe for MSBIA as well if i considered it safe for MSIS or is the admission cuttooff high for MSBIA. I am considering MSBIA safe for GRE of 304 and TOEFl of 96.Is that proper ?

Yes, the scores look good. You shouldn't have trouble getting in, in any of the Majors

Stevens IS Grad 2016
My profile --> Infobank

01-15-2016 08:35 AM
ManBilla Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ManBilla Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ShilpiTalukdar
I got admitted to the MS - BI&A track.
I did not pay the $500 fee as of now.
The course looks good, but the fee is too high.
Are scholarships provided for the BI&A track students? If yes, how much can we expect and for how many students are these scholarships given?
Can you also tell me the process to apply for these scholarships? Do I have to pay the $500 fee in order to apply for these scholarships?

I tried asking many people, but couldn't get a proper answer.

UCinn MIS | TAMU MIS | NYU CUSP Urban Analytics| UTD MSBA | Kelley MIS | GATech MS Analytics | Stevens MSBA | CMU MISM BIDA |
01-18-2016 10:00 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread