Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.25 Average
FH Aachen - Aachen University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
heisenberg_2014 Offline
New Edulixian

heisenberg_2014 Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: FH Aachen - Aachen University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
Got into FH Aachen Mechatronics!! Very Happy

Thank you nimbus_2000 and antidive for your invaluable help through Edulix threads.

Still waiting for Auto results. But anyway, hoping to see you guys in Aachen!
06-04-2015 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
jagerhaus Offline
Edulix Frequent User

jagerhaus Offline
Edulix Frequent User

any idea when the automotive results would probably be announced? it is 30th june and there has been neither an admit nor a reject letter sent... neither is anything updated in the portal
06-30-2015 05:34 PM
nimbus_2000 Offline
Edulix Distinguished Contributor

nimbus_2000 Offline

Likes Given: 3
jagerhaus

They don't update the results on the portal.
You will directly get an email with the results from the course co-ordinator.

07-05-2015 02:54 PM
csiddharthn Offline
New Edulixian

csiddharthn Offline
New Edulixian

got into fh aachen auto Very Happy thanks seniors Very Happy now the whole blocked account dormitory visa thing starts, i hope i am not too late to do any of those, because the enrollment deadline is the 15th of sep
07-07-2015 05:54 PM
nimbus_2000 Offline

nimbus_2000 Offline

Likes Given: 3
csiddharthn

Congratulations! You still have time and should be able to finish all the processes smoothly. All the best! Can you also update the List of Univs applied section of your Infobank with the Admit/Reject status.

07-07-2015 06:06 PM
Sankar Sudhan Offline
Edulix Active Member

Sankar Sudhan Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 1
Hi all,
I am happy to inform you that, I have got an admit in M.Sc. IAE at FH Aachen. My course starts in Winter 2015. Edulix has helped me a lot during my preparation, application days. It has been almost 2 years in total, I have used Edulix. i feel, I should thank you guys-seniors... In this particular case nimbus_2000. Few others too in numerous other occasions... Anyway thank you pals... Smile

Masters in Automotive/Vehicle Engineering
Thanks Edulix
First, an automobile engineer, then a professional in both automotive manufacturing and product development, and now a masters student in Automotive. I am free to help you guys, in whatever way I could...
M.Sc. International Automotive Engineering in FH Aachen.
ATB

http://www.edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=188701
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2015 04:31 AM by Sankar Sudhan.)
08-24-2015 12:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Sankar Sudhan Offline
Edulix Active Member

Sankar Sudhan Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 1
Also, I would like to share few things about the course International Automotive Engineering at FH Aachen.
  • Earlier, it was Vehicle and Engine Integration. They changed the subjects offered. Hence this change. So, whatever subjects offered now, may or may not be offered in future. Here, they change the curriculum based on the feedback from all the stakeholders. It is an M.Sc. with 90 Credits. Specialization offered are Powertrain Engineering and Vehicle Simulation (Concentration of Vehicle Integration is minimal now!).

• Admission Criteria: Subjects studied in Bachelors (BE in Automotive Engineering has an advantage), GRE Maths( preferably over 90 percentile ), and your marks. Pls note that, you should have B1 in German while joining the course.(if you have time, pls finish B2 or more)

• Course Content:Very relevant to German automobile industry. Some of the subjects are taught by people from industry. So you can be sure that, you are not wasting time on anything. For specific clarification regarding subjects offered, refer FH Aachen website. Prior knowledge of softwares like, MATLAB and SIMULINK, LABVIEW, Ansys, CATIA, Hypermesh, Star CCM etc. will be very useful here.

About Admit:
Normally, admit for FH Aachen IAE will come late. For eg. for Fall 15, we got our admit around 17th July. Hence, pls. be ready with other things, if you are confident of the admit.

Some of the things, which you can do before admit:
  • Opening Blocked AC- This takes almost 1 month (minimum). So open the A/C beforehand. This saves you from stress.
  • Next thing is about accommodation. In Aachen, it is extremely difficult to find accommodation in Studentenwerk. So apply for your place in "Studentenwerk Aachen" website (http://www.studentenwerk-aachen.de/en/577.html) as early as possible(while applying for the university itself!).
After Admit:
  • In case if you are wait listed in Studentenwerk, some of the other sites to find accommodation are http://www.wg-gesucht.de/, https://www.studenten-wg.de, http://www.immobilienscout24.de/ etc.. (this can be done after your admit. Using this means most people find accommodation)
  • For people who could not find using above means, these are the alternatives: http://www.newton-apartments.de/, http://www.prestep.de/prestep/
  • FH Aachen Auto students, this info-Our department (Luft und Raumfahrtechnik) is in a place called Hohenstaufenalle. So while searching and finding an accommodation in Aachen while you are in India, check the connectivity from your place to Hohenstaufenalle.
  • You could use DB Navigator, AVV connect and ASEAG mobil apps to find the connectivity.
  • As a rule of thumb, consider this. Aachen city contains a ring road around the city centre. This part of city is called "Innenstadt". Always try to be in Innenstadt or atleast try be near this ring road.

-Disclaimer: all of the above are just leads to info, but not my recommendation. What is best and suitable to be decided by the individual-

Masters in Automotive/Vehicle Engineering
Thanks Edulix
First, an automobile engineer, then a professional in both automotive manufacturing and product development, and now a masters student in Automotive. I am free to help you guys, in whatever way I could...
M.Sc. International Automotive Engineering in FH Aachen.
ATB

http://www.edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=188701
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2015 04:34 AM by Sankar Sudhan.)
10-28-2015 01:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
santosh93 Offline
New Edulixian

santosh93 Offline
New Edulixian

hello all,

I was about to apply for FH Aachen for International Automotive Engineering for summer semester 2016. The Quants cut-off was 70 percentile. But they have now increased the minimum cut-off to 83 percentile which corresponds to 162. I got a score of 161 which is 80 percentile. Now, will my application be considered if I apply with this score?

Thanks!
11-17-2015 07:30 PM
s.subash Offline
Edulix Senior Member

s.subash Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Hello nimbus_2000,

I am planning to apply for FH Aachen IAM program for Summer Semester 2017.
I had gone through this thread and found this one info from your post,

"One of the other awesome things here in Aachen, is that you can even register as a "Zweithoerer" for the RWTH courses and you can even write the examinations of the RWTH Aachen University."

Can you elaborate a little more on this? Does this mean one can even take courses from RWTH Masters program?? Say for an example, courses from RWTH Automotive Masters.

Have you registered yourself in any such courses??

Thank you.
06-13-2016 08:39 PM
SandeepKrishna Offline
New Edulixian

SandeepKrishna Offline
New Edulixian

Anyone Studying or Applying for Masters Aerospace in FH Aachen. please do comment here
08-21-2016 09:59 PM
onurmech Offline
New Edulixian

onurmech Offline
New Edulixian

hello I am a Bachelors mechanical engineering student, will my get my degree 2 semesters later, and need to make my mind up about which branch to choose for the best job opportunities and of course that whether it suits my bacherlors programme.

My undergradute courses of my bachelors is here if you want to see
http://mf-mm.gazi.edu.tr/posts/view/titl...eUri=mf-mm

I hate machine elements ( design), and material science maybe just because of my bad experiences with bad teaching teachers, not sure if theoretical background is so important for picking the field of real life engineering. ( which is not, many say)

I am not sure what programme to choose for master here, my priority would be job opportunities& future prospects there.

I feel myself more close to energy, thermal, and hydraulic related things based on my theoretical courses, but my aim is to find a job very easily so not sure if renewable energy is that reliable or if there are enough capacity for new graduates in this sector.

And would be more glad if there were courses related to refrigeration, cooling and heating systems (related to thermodynamics) etc also ( apparently there are none in FH Aachen)

Which branch is FH Aachen famous for? Is it worth to get a MsC degree from either automative, aerospace or energy systems there?

And what about part time job opportunities to deal with monthly expenses or chances of working by a company during masters programme? Because currency of my home country sucks against euro, when being converted even if I receive the whole income of my family, probably won't be enough to make 750 euro.

By the way your website looks so nice, and well designed and very informing for people like me, I appreciate and thank you with all my heart.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 02:28 AM by onurmech.)
08-18-2017 02:08 AM
Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 478
Hi onurmech

Welcome to Edulix.

First favor that we will ask is if you can please fill out your Unisearch profile so that we get better informed about your background. That way we can give you much more focused advice.

Second, I really think renewables will be a great area for the new generation of ME folks. PV will remain huge (concentrated solar, etc), energy storage (batteries, molten salt, etc) have huge potentials. Therefore, if I was graduating this time, I would have done either energy engineering or MEMS (which is what I do now). Micro Devices (MEMS) is in a big growth trajectory.

Aachen, Freiburg, TU Munich, Darmstadt are all good in these areas.

More from our experts in Europe......

cheers,

EE

[Evaluating Only PhD Profiles] || [Evaluation Guidelines] || [UniSuggest for initial list]
08-18-2017 06:22 AM
onurmech Offline
New Edulixian

onurmech Offline
New Edulixian

(08-18-2017 06:22 AM)Edulix_Editor Wrote:  Hi @[onurmech]

Welcome to Edulix.

First favor that we will ask is if you can please fill out your Unisearch profile so that we get better informed about your background. That way we can give you much more focused advice.

Second, I really think renewables will be a great area for the new generation of ME folks. PV will remain huge (concentrated solar, etc), energy storage (batteries, molten salt, etc) have huge potentials. Therefore, if I was graduating this time, I would have done either energy engineering or MEMS (which is what I do now). Micro Devices (MEMS) is in a big growth trajectory.

Aachen, Freiburg, TU Munich, Darmstadt are all good in these areas.

More from our experts in Europe......

cheers,

EE

thank you, I filled the unisearch form as much as I could.

My language skills are good enough I believe, I count on myself very highly on that. The thing is as a bachelor of mechanical engineering, I don't have perfect grades, at the moment I have an average mark about 2.50 out of 4. Even though I study very hard, it is hard to make very high grades in my home university because of our grumpy teachers. Anyway, I need a university for Masters degree that is not obsessed with bachelor grades so much.

So far FH Aachen attained my attention. I like thermal, hyraulic and energy related studies. Within mechanical engineering schedule we rather learn basic topics of each branch. But rather than wind turbines, or solar panels, I am into thermodynamics, heat transfer, energy engineering, cooling and heating, air-conditioning etc...

But actually we have quite a lot energy related courses within our programme.

I don't know about my chances of getting accepted since there are also other graduates possessing bachelors degree of enegy engineering who are more into energy.

My only criteria would be a branch and a study to be chosen that will broaden my chances of finding a job and settle thing easily.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017 03:32 PM by onurmech.)
08-19-2017 03:31 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread