TU Braunschweig applicants/admits 2014-15
ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: TU Braunschweig applicants/admits 2014-15
@kumar.saurav : Cool, Wish you all the best Smile.

One more thing. I received an email from Annika yesterday regarding the free online German language course for the first 15 who reply to her email. Unfortunately, i saw it only 6 hours after she'd sent me that email, I have replied to her but don't know if i was among the first 15. Did Anybody else here reply to her email yesterday ?
05-06-2014 08:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

ratanpm

I replied 20 mins. after that mail, I dont have any idea what next.

Did you receive the admission confirmation docs. and the letter of acceptance? Got another mail that I'll be receiving all the docs. hopefully within this week.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new-Albert Einstein

All you need to know about studying Masters in Germany | German University specific threads with List of Seniors

Infobank Tutorial

Please avoid PMs. Tag me for replies
05-06-2014 08:05 AM
ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

Hi Scofield,

I received an email from Annika today saying that I'll get to participate in the German language course, I'm happy Smile. I guess you would've received it too.

On the admission confirmation documents - No, i haven't received them yet. Still Waiting for them. When exactly did you get the email that you'll be receiving all documents ? Did you email them asking when the documents will reach you ?

I too had asked them about when i'll receive the official acceptance letter. For this i had got a reply on the 28th of April and this is what the email said "We are now in the process of putting together all necessary information. Fairly soon you will receive scanned documents that you will also receive by post".

Hope all of us receive the documents soon.Very Happy

On the admission confirmation documents - No, i haven't received them yet. Still Waiting for them. When exactly did you get the email that you'll be receiving all documents ? Did you email them asking when the documents will reach you ?

I too had asked them about when i'll receive the official acceptance letter. For this i had got a reply on the 28th of April and this is what the email said "We are now in the process of putting together all necessary information. Fairly soon you will receive scanned documents that you will also receive by post".

Hope all of us receive the documents soon.Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 12:30 AM by ratanpm.)
05-07-2014 12:27 AM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

I have received the formal acceptance letter and other docs. yesterday. It is a 10 page pdf file. I have to confirm my place by 23rd May.

Yes, I have also got the mail regarding the DUO language course. I think I am one among the 15 selected for the online German language course.

All you need to know about studying Masters in Germany | German University specific threads with List of Seniors

Infobank Tutorial

05-07-2014 08:01 AM
ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

Oh! That's nice. Hoping now to receive the documents soon.
05-07-2014 11:20 PM
ashrulz007 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ashrulz007 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Hi guys,

i have received admit from tu braunschweig and tu frieberg. I am in a dilema on which one to choose.

My interest is in cfd. cfd wise, which one do you guys think would be a better option.

Thanks,
Antony
ashleyrajab@gmail.com

Hi guys,

i have received admit from tu braunschweig and tu frieberg. I am in a dilemma on which one to choose.

My interest is in cfd. cfd wise, which one do you guys think would be a better option.

Thanks,
Antony
ashleyrajab@gmail.com
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 12:54 PM by ashrulz007.)
05-08-2014 12:54 PM
kumar.sourav Offline
Edulix Frequent User

kumar.sourav Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Man, this is insane.. TU Braunschweig mailed that there is scarcity of rooms and that now the rooms would cost 300 euros... so the per month cost comes out to be 300 euros+125 euros ( dividing 500 euros )+fooding- 200euros approx.+ semester contributory fee -taking minimum 50 euros+ miseallaneous 100 euros = 775 euros Shocked ... and also we need to submit a security deposity quite soon.( read the accomodation mail ) .. This is insane d'oh!

Admits -->TU Braunschweig CSE || RWTH GRS || TU Freiberg CMS

Rejects --> TUM MSPE || RUB MSS || RWTH -AICES || Stuttgart - Commas

http://edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=229258
05-08-2014 07:58 PM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

kumar.sourav

I too received the mail. I have registered with the website which they have given in the mail. I have also book a room in the link provided in the FAQ page of the CSE website. They replied that my name is in the waiting list.

Infobank Tutorial

05-08-2014 10:32 PM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

Suppose that 50 applicants (80 are admitted) are going to attend the course at the uni. and the mail says that they will provide only accommodation to the first 20 (as given in the mail) who are registering in the website they have provided. Then what will the rest 30 do for accommodation?

nimbus_2000,SridharAshokk Can you guys please clarify this regarding the accommodation problem?

Infobank Tutorial

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 11:29 PM by scofield1144.)
05-08-2014 11:29 PM
ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

@Kumar: Yes, seems expensive. I received my official acceptance letter today. I have replied to them asking for information on the approximate tution fee and semester contribution for 2014/2015 as they have mentioned that they would be giving this info only on the 1st of August. That might be late in case they suddenly say that the fee is hiked for this year or something.

I have also asked them for the latest Module and course structure copy for the coming year. Just want to confirm how many subjects are going to be taught in German and how many in English and also to check if they've added/deleted any course/courses for this year. Does anybody know the syllabus for 2014/15 ? Request you to Kindly share it.

@Scofield : I was the 31st person on the accommodation registration link that was sent to me today. So not hopeful of getting accommodation through that link. I've sent a separate email asking Annika where else i can find accommodation and what are my alternatives ? Got to see what she says. Hope there's some alternate Smile.

Is anybody in touch with seniors at TUB, What do they say about the course and what do they say about those subjects that will be taught in German ? I mean, are they manageable ? What level of German does one actually need to do well in the German taught courses. Kindly share whatever stuff you know about the course.

I know that TUB is a very old university and is among the TU9. I had a look at the course structure and subjects and liked the contents. I am eager to know more, especially from people who've heard from guys doing this course there. Please share whatever info you have about this course on how good/bad this course is.
05-09-2014 03:20 AM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

ratanpm

(05-09-2014 03:20 AM)ratanpm Wrote:  @Kumar: Yes, seems expensive. I received my official acceptance letter today. I have replied to them asking for information on the approximate tution fee and semester contribution for 2014/2015 as they have mentioned that they would be giving this info only on the 1st of August. That might be late in case they suddenly say that the fee is hiked for this year or something.

You did a good job, at the worst case yes they may change something at the last minute and want us to comply to the change. Regarding the tuition fee the uni. wont be charging the 500 euro as mentioned in the FAQs page of the course website. I heard that discussions are going on in this regard and 99% tuition fee will be eliminated. Hopefully they dont charge the fee, hope for the best

I have also asked them for the latest Module and course structure copy for the coming year. Just want to confirm how many subjects are going to be taught in German and how many in English and also to check if they've added/deleted any course/courses for this year. Does anybody know the syllabus for 2014/15 ? Request you to Kindly share it.

I also have the one which is in the course website. The course goes like this we should study 15 subjects, 1 mini project, passing DSH 2.0 in German, without which we cant start the Master Thesis and finally the Master Thesis.

@Scofield : I was the 31st person on the accommodation registration link that was sent to me today. So not hopeful of getting accommodation through that link. I've sent a separate email asking Annika where else i can find accommodation and what are my alternatives ? Got to see what she says. Hope there's some alternate Smile.

Yeah, I too replied to her mail. I registered my name in the Studentenwohnheim page for a room in on of the student halls and I got a reply that my name is in the waiting list. I am confused with this if I could get a room or not. I mentioned this in the mail which I sent to her. Are the apartments which she mentioned too expensive? I think, definitely the student halls would cost lesser than these. I dont have an idea, eventually what we want is an affordable living space. Please share if she replies something.

Is anybody in touch with seniors at TUB, What do they say about the course and what do they say about those subjects that will be taught in German ? I mean, are they manageable ? What level of German does one actually need to do well in the German taught courses. Kindly share whatever stuff you know about the course.

The course is perfect mix of Mathematics, Programming and our field of interest (depends on the electives we take). If you are from mech or civil stream, then you need not worry a bit regarding studying in German. You can complete the course without studying any subjects in German, depending on the electives you take, since some advanced courses are available only in German. But we have to pass DSH 2.0 before Master Thesis. The course is challenging, but manageable if we plan and work properly

I know that TUB is a very old university and is among the TU9. I had a look at the course structure and subjects and liked the contents. I am eager to know more, especially from people who've heard from guys doing this course there. Please share whatever info you have about this course on how good/bad this course is.

Yes TUB is a reputed uni. It has strong industrial tie ups as well. No one gave an explicit idea about the job prospects. But many of the previous year passouts are already working.

P.S: Why is your infobank link not opening? please fill & share the link

Infobank Tutorial

05-09-2014 07:58 AM
nimbus_2000 Offline
Edulix Distinguished Contributor

nimbus_2000 Offline

Likes Given: 3
scofield1144

Accommodation is always a problem. At least the university has some places to offer to you guys. In other places like Aachen, students have to fend for themselves ans search places on their own.
Best places to start your search are on sites like these:
http://www.wg-gesucht.de/
http://www.studenten-wg.de/
http://www.easywg.de/
Sometimes it is not very easy to find accommodation as the number of student residences here are very few in number as compared to the number of students. The best way for you is to find an "Untermieter" or a "Zwischenmieter" during the initial days. There are lots of ads being placed in facebook groups for such kinds of accommodation. Join a lot of university or city specific groups. Once you are in Germany, it becomes a lot easier and you can start searching for some permanent accommodation and even visit the places for renting them.

05-09-2014 02:51 PM
ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

Hi Scofield,

Thanks a lot for a very detailed reply.

On your first point about ongoing discussions regarding eliminating tution fee, that's amazing news, that would be superb if they would do that, Yes, let's hope for the best.

On the course structure, thanks a lot for the information on the requirement to pass DSH-2, I had missed that requirement and was not aware of it till now.

On the accommodation part, I too have registered my name in the Studentenwohnheim and got a similar reply in the form of a letter which says that your name has been added to the waiting list and that I will receive information as soon as there is an offer that matches my declared preferences. I will definitely let you know whenever she replies to my email asking her about accommodation. I do not know if what she has quoted is expensive, I'm thinking that we could take whatever she arranges us for now for the first few months. Once we're there we could start looking for more affordable places. However, i do not know for how many months we need to sign the initial contract. Meanwhile we could start searching for other living spaces through these links:
http://www.sw-bs.de/services/biete-und-suche
http://www.studenten-wg.de
http://www.studentenwohnungsmarkt.de
http://www.wg-gesucht.de
I found them in TUB's brochure titled "International Student Guide".

On your comment that the "course will be tough but manageable, provided we plan and work properly", I have heard the same thing from other friends in different German universities right now, they too stress on the need to plan properly. I've got the message now.

On the job prospects, I fully understand that nobody will guarantee that anybody will get a job. It depends on how well you learn during the course. On most of the previous year passouts having secured jobs now - that is very encouraging Smile.

Thanks a lot for the info. Let's share whatever comes up in the coming weeks.

What about the blocked account, Visa and bank loan etc.? Have you started all of those processes. I just went to the Bank today and got an application form. Planning to submit it next week. I'm also planning to apply for the Blocked account next week.

When are you guys planning to reach Braunschweig? I'm looking at 29th August as my parents are saying it's a good day Smile . TUB says we need to be there on the 1st of Spetember in the admit letter right?
05-11-2014 12:42 AM
ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

ratanpm Offline
New Edulixian

@Scofield:

On my infobank: I'm unable to create it, it says that this service has been blocked now Sad However, I have updated my profile to include more information now.
05-11-2014 12:52 AM
ashrulz007 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ashrulz007 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

guys,

those who have got admit in tubs please join the following fb group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/58197797...up_comment

Thanks
05-12-2014 03:55 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread