nimbus_2000 Offline
Edulix Distinguished Contributor

Likes Given: 3
Unisearch: Link
Compilation of German Visa Threads
For applicants who would be applying for Visa via VFS, here are the links:

Here is your answer which cneha1991 posted on this thread:
(06-16-2014 07:55 PM)cneha1991 Wrote:  I don't know why Embassy website is misguiding that appointments can be booked only using phone or mail. VI appointments for all consulates can be booked using following link for Delhi VFS.
Book VI Appointment

Also as quoted from this website:
Quote:Applicants can book an appointment for National Visa through our Helpline number: 022-67866013.

If the consulate directly provides you the appointments, then you would have to book the slot via the Embassy website.

Summer Semester 2016
1. 9 FEB 2016 || Mumbai Consulate || SRH HEIDELBERG || INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND ENGINEERING

•Winter Semester 2015/16
VI Experiences:
1. 26th May 2015 || Mumbai Consulate || Hochschule Darmstadt || IMSEIT
2. 9th June 2015 | Bangalore Consulate | RWTH Aachen | Software Systems Engineering
3. 16 June 2015|| Bangalore Consulate || TU Darmstadt || DSS
From Ksaurabh02's visa thread-
Quote:Tips for calling consulate:
Always call from a landline number and normally it will take 10 15 min before call is connected. Now the big part, call will be picked by some guy who doesn't have any thing to check visa status and even if you say visa din come, he will say that it takes 8-10 weeks and mail will be sent. Now there is tricky part because he has to transfer call to visa section. You guys have to convince him that others got visa confirmation by calling or something. Call will be transferred to visa section, keep the receipt number ready, the receipt which consulate gave aftr visa interview. And surely your visa would hv come. I know 4 people who got visa like this but there was no mail. I don't know about other consulates but Bangalore this is happening.
4. 30th June 2015 || Mumbai Consulate || University of Paderborn || CS
5. 14th July | Chennai Consulate | HS Ravensburg Weingarten | Electrical Engg Master
6. 18th August 2015 || Kolkata Consulate || TU Chemnitz ||ASE

Other important threads:
1. German Student Visa - 2015 Queries and Experiences

•Summer Semester 2015
1. 22 December 2014 || Bangalore Consulate || TU Munich || Informatics
2. 4 Feb 2015 || Chennai Consulate || Saarland University-MS(Visual Comp)
3. 16 Feb 2015 || Mumbai Consulate || Freiburg University || Computer Science
4. German Student Visa guide (Mumbai Consulate)

•Winter Semester 2014/2015
VI Experiences:
1. 11th June 2014 || 9:20 || Bangalore Consulate || TUM || Informatics
2. 25th June 2014 || 0815 || German Consulate, New Delhi || RWTH || MS Media Informatics
3. 26th June 2014|| Delhi Embassy|| TU Braunschweig|| Computational Sciences
4. 09th July 2014 || Bangalore Consulate || TUK || Computer Science
5. 09th July 2014 || Bangalore consulate || KIT || Energy Technologies
6. 10th July 2014 || Kolkata Consulate || RWTH Aachen University || EPE
7. 10th July 2014 || Mumbai Consulate || RWTH Aachen || Media Informatics
8. 14th July 2014|| New Delhi Embassy || Saarland University ||Visual Computing
9. 17th July 2014 || 11:00 || Bangalore Consulate || Ravensburg|| Mechatronics
10. 25th July 2014 || Chennai Consulate || FH Aachen || Mechatronics
11. 29th July 2014 || Chennai Consulate || FAU || CE
12. 21st August 2014 || Mumbai Consulate || TUM || Informatics

Other important threads:
1. German Visa Queries 2014 - All in one thread
2. Student Visa : 2 countries at a time
3. Applying for German visa when holding another EU student visa for the same term
4. Visa dates wrongly stamped (Flight date earlier than visa start date) - Restamping with correct dates
5. Guide to German Visa Application at Mumbai Consulate 2014

•Winter Semester 2013/2014
1. German Visa 2013 Queries
2. A complete German Visa application guide with some serious points!! (Chennai Consulate)
3. A Complete Guide To German Visa Application at Mumbai Consulate
4. German Visa 2013 from Chennai Consulate
5. 29th Aug 2013 || 12:30 || Mumbai Consulate || HS Offenburg || CME

•Winter Semester 2012/2013
1. GERMAN VISA PROCESS 2012 (Bangalore Consulate)
2. German Visa queries (Mumbai)
3. German Visa Experience (Chennai Consulate)
4. German Visa Experience (Bangalore Consulate)

•Winter Semester 2011/2012
1. German VI @ Delhi Embassy
2. Germany Visa Experience (New Delhi)

•Winter Semester 2009/2010
1. German Visa

Thanks scofield1144, cneha1991 for pointing me to the right threads.

Please point me to threads which I may have missed here.
Please DO NOT post queries here. Create a new thread or post on the already existing threads for the individual years.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
(Credits to cneha1991 for the compilation)

Quote:Question: Can I have multiple sponsors for my education in Germany?

Answer: For German Visa all that matters is 8040 Euros in blocked account, source is not a concern. Some consulates ask you to show proof for funding for second year. For this purpose, Indian bank account statements can be shown of multiple sponsors as long as the sum of those account balances is 8040 Euros.

Question: My native place isn't New Delhi, but I've done my schooling, engineering and even working here summing up total of 12 years of dwelling. Am I bound to apply at New Delhi Counsulate only? And if yes, then wouldn't it be sufficient to show just 1 year funding while applying Visa? I've nowhere been advised for 2 year funding proof to show.

Answer:You can apply at the Delhi consulate if you have some sort of residence proof stating that you have been living in the city under the jurisdiction of the consulate for more than 6 months. For Delhi consulate, from the experiences of previous batches, it is required to show the finances for two years. One year of expenses in the blocked account with a German bank and the second year of expenses in a local account.

Question : Is it necessary to get the Blocked account application form and passport copy attested only from German Consulate?

Answer: The local notary will definitely not do. There are two ways to proceed with this. Either you go to the consulate, where you pay a nominal fee and get it attested or you can go to the local Deutsche Bank branch. The second way is not recommended as in this case, you would have to open a local account with DB and have a minimum deposit of 25K to 1L depending on the branch and your bargaining power. But in this case the local DB will take care of the formalities.

Question : I had once applied for Schengen Visa , however it was refused commenting that "Return to home country not shown clearly and family route not found". Can my student visa get rejected because of this?

Answer:You Visa application should not get rejected if you have shown all the finances and submitted all your documents and you give proper reasons during the interview. The student Visa rejection rates are extremely low for Germany. They would not reject your application unless you give them a reason to do so.

Question: Can I show my parent's bank account statement for 2nd year's funding proof? Is it necessary to maintain the same balance until next year's visa stamping?

Answer:AFAIK, you do not have to maintain that balance. Having an affidavit from your father stating that he will fund you for your living expenses and the bank account statement should do just fine.

Question : I have gaps after graduation or I left job around 1 year ago. Will it pose any problems in getting a student Visa? Or I am currently working and appearing for VI, will it cause any problems?

Answer:As long as you are able to explain what you were doing in that gap (I was learning German), it won't create issues. And for VI, if you are working in a company during that period, they will ask you to produce a experience letter which might sometimes be difficult to obtain from the HR.

Question: My name differs on my academic certificates to the one on passport. Although admit letter contains the same name as in passport. Will it create a problem? What should I fill in VI application form?

Answer: Just fill the visa application form with the details from your passport. The details on your passport are the most important.

Question: Is proof of English proficiency is compulsory for VI? What if I obtain a letter from my university that English proficiency certificate is not required for the course if bachelor course has been taught in English, will that work?

Answer: It is recommended that you call up the consulate and ask them about it. If they ask you to produce the IELTS/TOEFL scorecard I would recommend that you give IELTS instead of TOEFL. IELTS will be a lot faster. Plus there will always be free places available unlike the TOEFL centers. Plus you get the scorecard much quicker unlike TOEFL where you have to wait for months at a time.

Question: does cover letter needs to be written in 'German' language for VI?

Answer: No, not necessary. English one will do.

Question: do we need to show the financial documents for the second year of our studies? (Based on checklist, one of the option is, the Blocked account has to be opened in our name with 8040 Euro in it).
Whether showing the financial proof of one year itself is sufficient?

Answer: For some consulates it is mandatory. Loan Section letter or affidavit of support from parents can be shown as a proof.

Question: My course duration is 1.5 years instead of 2 years. Will it affect my chances to get a visa?

Answer:No, absolutely not. Many of the Masters courses here are only for 3 semesters.

Question: Which insurance is required for VI? Travel or health Insurance? What should be the validity of that insurance?

Answer:You need to take travel insurance from the day you are flying to the day you are going to enroll in the university or the day, your semester is going to start. Generally a one month travel insurance is sufficient.

Question: What should be the amount for DD as visa fee?

Answer: It is mentioned on consulate site and currently its 4900.It is fixed and once should not calculate on his own depending on euro rate. Consulate website updates it regularly.

Question: I haven't received hard copy of admit and it is mentioned in admit letter that soft copy won't work for VI. another thing mentioned is "It usually takes 4-6 weeks until the admission letter is issued, as it will include the so-called "Sichtvermerk" from immigration office, which fastens the visa-procedure in the Consulate.". What should be done in this case?

Answer: They send the admission letter via regular post generally. So it does take 4-6 weeks to reach your home. Regarding this "Sichtvermerk", I have no clue what that is. But it is a good thing because, as the course coordinator said, it will quicken up the visa process. I am just guessing but maybe this "Sichtvermerk" would not require your docs to be sent to Germany for verification by the Alien Office in the town you are going to study in. So this "should" reduce the time to get the approval. Meanwhile, you can start the blocked account process with the copy of your admission letter.

Question: I did my german course from a private institute and obtained a certificate as well. Can I produce it at the time of VI?

Answer: Please do not attach any other language certificates other than the ones issued by Goethe Institute as it is explicitly mentioned on the consulate website that only Goethe-Institute certificates are recognized by them.

Question: Do I require a transit Visa for LHR(London Heathrow)?

Answer: No. If your connecting flight is from the same airport and you are not going to exit it, then it is not required. More info can be found on their website right here. Here are some excerpts:
You won’t need a visa if you:
-are travelling to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
-are travelling from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and it’s less than 6 months since you last entered that country with a valid entry visa
-have a valid US permanent residence card issued on or after 21 April 1998 (or an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship if it’s expired)
-have a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002
-have a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA)
-have a valid uniform format residence permit issued by an EEA state
For us students, we have the category D-visa for entry to a state in EEA.

Question: My visa is valid from 17th August but my flight is on 12th. When I had gone to give my interview, I still hadn't decided on my date of departure and when I went to the Bangalore consulate for stamping, they didn't ask me anything. So they have taken my course start date as the valid from date. Is this going to create a problem? Any idea if I can get my passport re-stamped?

Answer: There is a solution thankfully, just one which left me Rs.4900 poorer.
They asked me to get another DD, a cover letter asking for a change in the validity of the visa and to attach the tickets along with this. When I went to submit this re-application, there were about 10 other people who had the same kind of problem as mine. We don't need to take an appointment again. We can walk in within 2 to 3, so that is one thing to make this a little easier. The processing is supposed to take 1-2 days. (from prikulkarni's VI thread)

Question: How long it takes for the visa to be approved?

Answer: It generally takes 4 weeks for approval. The approval period for winter intake 14/15 were between 2 to 8 weeks.

Question: My future course mate received the visa approval, but he/she completed VI after me. Why is my visa approval delayed? Does it mean my visa application is rejected?

Answer: No, your application is not rejected. It takes different duration for different people though you are going to the same course.

Other Threads which might interest you:

Index to German University Specific Threads with List of Seniors

All you need to know about studying Masters in Germany

Learning German - Resources Index

Edu Pre-Departure EU (Online) Meet - 2014

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2016 02:02 PM by cneha1991.)
05-25-2014 05:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: Compilation of German Visa threads
nimbus_2000

I was just thinking of one such kind of thread. My idea was that we will have one thread titled "All you need to know about Studying in Germany" (Does it sound good?Surprised) which may have the links of the threads related to the following topics

1. German uni app for noobs (which is your thread)
2. Index to German uni spec thread (again a thread by you)
3. Compilation of all threads on blocked acc attestation, I thought of creating this,
since I got my attestation from Delhi & successfully got my acc opened in DB. This thread will have links for all threads pertaining to getting attestation from all consulates. I will create this compilation thread.
4. And this thread, I'll give you the links for other visa threads as well.
5. German Language thread (started by me)
6. Threads related to discussions on jobs after MS in Germany.
7. Thread which has weblinks for all courses (I ve seen it some where) I ll find it.

And a few more relevant topics on MS in Germany.

So possibly such a kind of thread may be made as an important thread in the EU forum with the help of mods (I don't know who decides a thread should be a made as an important thread) , which will serve as a one stop guide for German applicants...

P.S: I've already started the compilation.

Your views will be highly useful. SridharAshokk your views as well

German Visa @ Delhi Consulate 2011 & 2012

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new-Albert Einstein

All you need to know about studying Masters in Germany | German University specific threads with List of Seniors

Infobank Tutorial

Please avoid PMs. Tag me for replies
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 08:39 PM by scofield1144.)
05-25-2014 08:34 PM
nimbus_2000 Offline

nimbus_2000 Offline

scofield1144

I think that's a brilliant idea.
The name of the thread we can discuss later. We can ask mods to sticky it once you are done with the compilation. Send me the links of the Visa threads which I have missed. I will add it to the list.

P.S. I have actually started on the "Learning German" thread, but I am procrastinating posting it as it is something that is really close to my heart and want to be perfect.

anuragm sir, what about a "Travelling in Germany" thread from you? Very Happy

05-25-2014 08:52 PM
praveen_raja Offline
New Edulixian

praveen_raja Offline
New Edulixian

Good job guys ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause

Your idea is great...I admin two groups in FB, in which I have created a doc and all admits have posted their profiles...will post it in a new thread once this admit season is over..

05-25-2014 08:58 PM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

nimbus_2000
(05-25-2014 08:52 PM)nimbus_2000 Wrote:  @[scofield1144]

I think that's a brilliant idea.

Thank you...

Send me the links of the Visa threads which I have missed. I will add it to the list.

I think that was the only thread which is relevant & important thread you have missed, The other threads I saw were very old & thought wont be of much importance.I will give them as well if you they are also important.

P.S. I have actually started on the "Learning German" thread, but I am procrastinating posting it as it is something that is really close to my heart and want to be perfect.

I think you will post this in the German language preparation strategies thread which is already present & not in a separate thread.

praveen_raja
(05-25-2014 08:58 PM)praveen_raja Wrote:  I have created a doc and all admits have posted their profiles...

What exactly are you trying to say here? Can you please elaborate? The thing is Im not getting it.

All you need to know about studying Masters in Germany | German University specific threads with List of Seniors

Infobank Tutorial

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 10:16 PM by scofield1144.)
05-25-2014 09:40 PM
praveen_raja Offline
New Edulixian

praveen_raja Offline
New Edulixian

Hi scofield1144

I have created a file in the fb group where admitted guys posted their profiles...it would be easier than the info bank to refer

05-26-2014 10:47 AM
anuragm Away

anuragm Away

Likes Given: 10
(05-25-2014 08:52 PM)nimbus_2000 Wrote:  @[anuragm] sir, what about a "Travelling in Germany" thread from you? Very Happy

nimbus_2000, I would very much like to do that. I did not think that anyone would be interested in something like it. Smile

05-26-2014 01:16 PM
nimbus_2000 Offline

nimbus_2000 Offline

anuragm

A LOT of people would love to read such a thread. Especially considering the fact that the EU forum is getting more and more applicants each year.
Plus the US people have no idea what they are missing out in Europe with respect to the kind of travelling that can be done here. Wink

05-26-2014 01:19 PM
anuragm Away

anuragm Away

Likes Given: 10
Ok. I will write one soon. Everyone else is invited to put in their inputs as well. Smile

05-26-2014 02:23 PM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

anuragm

We will love to have a thread on this topic from you. Actually we will be exposed to one other dimension of masters in europe. As of now we have only discussions reg the acads.

Infobank Tutorial

05-26-2014 03:18 PM
SridharAshokk Offline
Edulix Super Senior

SridharAshokk Offline
Edulix Super Senior

nimbus_2000

Where do you find time to do all these man!! You deserve "the" respect! ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause

scofield1144

We have planned it earlier though each one of us tried our own ideal method to achieve it and there you see each thread with its own detail. If we could get everything under one mega thread, that would be really awesome.

One problem that we have here is the number of active people hanging around. I am not sure how nimbus finds time to work on threads apart from posting and evaluating but I am not able to find mine, seriously! I have two pending threads already that nimbus and I discussed earlier. A thread for Saarland university specific and a list of CS universities with specializations. I have the draft and its a draft still!

Anyways, this mega thread will be really helpful if we seriously get to complete it or fill it as much as possible!

And if you seriously have some time before you move, try digging through the EU forum. I did before joining and I have seen a good amount of good threads with information.

Account every visa thread. Never mind about the date. There is no much difference that I feel with years gone! The process and the processing is almost the same. While struggling for my visa dates, I have gone through older ones as well. It contains good information again! The problem is with threads which contains large amount of pages. We need to see if something can be made for that. Mostly everyone will tend to avoid reading through each and every page/post.

Regarding the travelling, though it doesn't have a direct impact, it will be an awesome thread! To go around the EU, that's something you can't get anywhere/everywhere and that's something you experience in the EU

And the German language thread, this thing, aahhh! I missed it seriously. Had I got this thread earlier before I joined, it would have been pretty helpful and I would have better started learning sooner! This is seriously one thing I was lazy about before reaching Germany! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

My Infobank
---------------
Germany - Student Visa guide || I am not able to frequent Edulix these days. Tag the other evaluators from this thread for quicker responses. If its an urgent query, I will reply.
Saarland CS || TU Dresden - MCL || EMCL
Tag me in threads for German/EU - CS programs
05-26-2014 04:50 PM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

(05-26-2014 04:50 PM)SridharAshokk Wrote:  Account every visa thread. Never mind about the date.

Take this one as well
doubt regarding German Visa(about Toefl Score)

Infobank Tutorial

05-27-2014 08:49 PM
nimbus_2000 Offline

nimbus_2000 Offline

scofield1144

The thread is a bit misleading. The TOEFL score should only be valid(validity is for two years) and not that it should not be older than 6 months. I have heard a lot of problems regarding this from the people who did their VI at Chennai consulate.
For Mumbai, it should only be valid. My TOEFL was older than 15 months when I gave my VI.

05-28-2014 01:51 AM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

Infobank Tutorial

05-28-2014 07:20 AM
cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 2

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
VI Experience | Computer Science Course Page Link | Infobank Tutorial
Please tag in posts for answers.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 10:09 AM by cneha1991.)
05-28-2014 10:02 AM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread