Pre enrollment process for Italy.
aerospace90 Offline
New Edulixian

aerospace90 Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
Pre enrollment process for Italy.
I am writing this to help out anyone who is interested to pursue studies in Italy. The process in lengthy and a bit complicated and since I have got a first hand experience of it ,thought it would be a help to people choosing Italy for higher studies.

I start with the process after the usual admissions procedure whereby you submit an online application,send in hard copies of the documents and get to know that you are admitted to the university. This is the easy part.

After you've got your admission letter, the pre-enrollment process starts.

Step 1 - Attestation of Education Certificates.

You should get your Degree Certificate and Consolidated statement of marks attested from the government Secretariat of the state your university belongs to. This process takes about 20 to 30 days.

Attestation process in Tamil Nadu ( It might be more or less the same for other states)
Take your Certificates to the HR department of the secretariat along with 2 copies of each, your admission letter and its copy, and a copy of your passport. An application form will be given to you in which you are to fill in your details and affix a court fee stamp of Re 1 per certificate. (if your consolidated marklist consists of 2 sheets, affix 2 stamps on the application)
Once the application is filled and the stamp affixed, 2 copies of the filled application are to be taken. This, along with your original certificates and 2 copies,copy of your admission letter and a copy of your passport are to be submitted.
One copy of your application will be returned to you with the application number.
Some universities will need you to submit a DD of a certain amount per certificate to the university before they can process your application. You can find the list at the HRD.
Once you have submitted your application, it will be sent to your university for confirmation. Attestation will be done only after the university confirms you are/were a student there and send it back to the HRD. This takes a while.

You will be able to check whether your application has reached back in a register maintained by the HRD. Once you see your application number there ,you can collect your attested certificates from the counter by submitting the copy of your application.

Step-2 Italian translation.

This can be done while the attestation process is in progress. Send a copy of your degree and consolidated certs to an authorized Italian translator. This will take 3-10 working days and will cost you Rs 2 per word.

Step -3 Apostille.

Once you have recieved your documents after attestation, take it to the Ministry of External Affairs in the same state where your Degree was issued. Make sure to take a DD of Rs.50 per certificate ,a copy of your passport and a copy of your certificates to the Ministry of External Affairs (In case of Chennai , DPI building 7th floor). Submit it in the morning and you can collect it by 4.30 in the evening.

Once all these steps are completed, you can travel to the Italian Embassy for pre-Enrollment on any specific date given by the embassy.

Hope the thread was helpful. Will start a new thread for the process after pre enrollment soon.

Politecnico Di Milano (space Eng)
Women who seek to be equal with men lacks ambition..
05-28-2014 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
vvekbv Offline
Edulix Active Member

vvekbv Offline
Edulix Active Member

RE: Pre enrollment process for Italy.
Hi aerospace90 , I have been admitted to University of Trento, Italy. I'm from Pondicherry , while submitting the documents in HRD for attestation, they told tat only degree certificate will be attested and not the consolidated mark sheet.So can you confirm if the mark sheet is mandatory to be apostilled. A friend in Italy told me that only degree cert. needs to be apostilled.Can you please confirm.

Thanks

My Infobank
Destination - University of Trento(Erasmus Scholarship)
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 05:09 PM by vvekbv.)
05-28-2014 05:07 PM
bobdylan Offline
New Edulixian

bobdylan Offline
New Edulixian

Hello.My name is Prabhat and Im from Nepal.I recently got accepted to Ca'fosacari University of Venice for the Joint masters program in Sustainable Development.Can you tell me how good is this university and is Venice a good place for international students?Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
05-29-2014 01:47 PM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

Re: Pre enrollment process for Italy.
@[bobdylan]

Please stop hijacking threads this thread is meant for a different purpose, start your own thread for the course and Uni. you have mentioned. Then tag relevant seniors to reply for ur query.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new-Albert Einstein

All you need to know about studying Masters in Germany | German University specific threads with List of Seniors

Infobank Tutorial

Please avoid PMs. Tag me for replies
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 04:33 PM by scofield1144.)
05-29-2014 04:28 PM
aerospace90 Offline
New Edulixian

aerospace90 Offline
New Edulixian

Yes, Consolidated marklist is not compulsory for attestation. This I came to know recently after my submission of documents.

Politecnico Di Milano (space Eng)
Women who seek to be equal with men lacks ambition..
05-31-2014 04:39 PM
bobdylan Offline
New Edulixian

bobdylan Offline
New Edulixian

Hello...I have just submitted the pre enrollment docs in the consulate here.Can u please tell me abt the process after pre enrollment esp about the financial statement?How much money needs to be shown...any round figures?? and also, do i need to have the required money in my account for 3 months before i apply for the visa? and are there other ways to show my finances like student loans?Your reply will be greatly appreciated!
06-06-2014 06:30 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread