EdulixExpress
EdulixExpress
Chat
Chat
Blog
Grad Studies
About Us
About Edulix
Please post all Profile Evaluations for Fall 17 in Profile Evaluation Forum. Please read profile evaluation guide before creating evaluation threads.
Use Edoogle [Google Custom Search for Edulix] for comprehensive search. Here is an in-depth overview of the application process.

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
German Visa || 10 July 2014 || Mumbai Consulate || RWTH Aachen || Media Informatics
cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 2
Unisearch: Link
German Visa || 10 July 2014 || Mumbai Consulate || RWTH Aachen || Media Informatics
Here comes first experience for Mumbai consulate for Winter 2014. Well it was definitely not a great experience but it was not that bad too.

VISA Interview:

My slot was of 11:15AM, they opened the door on 10:30 AM.

Security guards now have checklists for all types of visa and they provide you one to arrange all the documents in the order mentioned on the checklist. Made both sets accordingly. Only following documents were mentioned in checklist:
1. Application form
2. Declaration form
3. Cover Letter
4. Degree certificate
5. Language proficiency certificates
6. copy of passport
7. Travel insurance
8. Proof of financial means
Had to remove all other printouts from the set.
One guy checked DD amount,DD form, application form and declaration form and assigned token number.

At the Visa Counter:
There are total 5 visa interview counters at Mumbai consulate. Initially VIs were taking place on two counters but later on 2 other counters opened. My token number was 11 but it took me atleast 45 minutes for my turn.
Ok, I wll also specify age of VO lady. She was in her mid or late 20's ( infact all of them were) Wink
I handed two copies and DD to the VO.

She asked me what course, what university, what did I study, when the course begins, earliest date to leave? Then she asked me to pass two sets of all marksheets photocopies and then asked for originals. Checked them and asked "you did your bachelors in 2011, what did you do after that?" I replied I worked for two companies so and so. She asked me to pass experience letters and two copies of the same. Then she asked if I have resigned from my current organization and why I want to pursue Masters now after 3 years? And no, she didn't ask anything about 2nd year's finances.

Everything went smooth, she passed me questionnaire and asked to fill while she was checking all the documents. And here comes the SURPRISE.
VO Lady: "I have given a D stamp on your passport,take it and I will pass you a blank sheet, please write a motivation letter as you are resuming your studies after three years". I was dumbfound.Then she asked to give all finger prints thrice and asked me to finish both Questionnaire and MOTIVATION.

Questionnaire had general questions like:
1. Why Germany? Where did you come to know about the course? specify website.
2. Why this course?
3. any other universities you applied ?
4. Researchers in your field? Please do not mention professors from your course.
5. % marks in 10th,12th ,bachelors and medium of teaching?
6. Gaps in education if any(more than 6 months)?
7. Modules of your course?

Somehow wrote the motivation and filled the questionnaire and again had to wait for 10-15 minutes to submit those documents.

And if this was not enough, as it rained heavily in Mumbai today, slipped on the way out to consulate. What a finish.Applause Applause

Came out at 1:30 PM from consulate.

Random info extracted from other people's VI:
1.One guy did not have his degree certificate as he was 2014 pass-out, he had only provisional certificate, his VO lady kept telling him "this won't work, my officer is refusing to accept your application. Even if I accept it, it will get rejected as it is mentioned on your offer letter Degree certificate will be required." He brought provisional from his college and his college was autonomous but degree is given by pune university. He was sent back to bring provisional from university.

2. If the course has fees apart from semester fees then everyone was asked to show proof for second year.

3. One question was asked to everyone, "Do you have backlogs,how many ,why so many" and believe me, 60% people there had at least 2 backlogs. Very Happy

Hope this helps to people going to mumbai consulate for VI.

VISA Stamping:

Got approval mail on 1st August ( in just 20 days). I submitted my passport at VFS pune on 14th August. Processing fee for the same if 884 INR if one is going to collect the passport form VFS and there are extra charges for home delivery.
Documents Needed:
1. Travel Insurance
2. Copy of Approval mail
3. Passport
4. Travel Itinerary

VFS provides SMS notifications for various stages:
1. When passport reaches to consulate
2. When passport is stamped and reaches back to VFS mumbai
3. When passport is dispatched from VFS Mumbai
4. When Passport is available for collection.

I didn't get the 4th SMS and only way available was to call consulate helpline. They confirmed that passport is available for collection. Collection timings for VFS pune are 1PM - 5PM.

Collected passport on 28th August. Documents needed to submit while collecting passport:
1. Copy of Passport
2. Receipt that was provided while submission

And finally visa is approved and is valid from the date of travel.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
VI Experience | Computer Science Course Page Link | Infobank Tutorial
Please tag in posts for answers.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 03:56 PM by cneha1991.)
07-10-2014 10:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: German Visa || 10 July 2014 || Mumbai Consulate || RWTH Aachen || Media Informatics
Quote:Ok, I wll also specify age of VO lady. She was in her mid or late 20's ( infact all of them were)

All German consulates in India have Indian girls in their mid 20s...Wink

I think they are too much obsessed with our girls...WinkVery Happy

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new-Albert Einstein

All you need to know about studying Masters in Germany | German University specific threads with List of Seniors

Infobank Tutorial

Please avoid PMs. Tag me for replies
07-10-2014 10:16 PM
cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

RE: German Visa || 10 July 2014 || Mumbai Consulate || RWTH Aachen || Media Informatics
scofield1144 In whole post you read only that part that's why they are obsessed. Very Happy Very Happy

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
07-10-2014 10:19 PM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

The rest was too mainstream...Laughing That one sentence was an eye-catcher Wink.

Yeah I didnt read this - that you met our edulix member pygandhi there.Very Happy

All you need to know about studying Masters in Germany | German University specific threads with List of Seniors

Infobank Tutorial

07-10-2014 10:29 PM
Sriram Partha Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Sriram Partha Offline
Edulix Frequent User

cneha1991
scofield1144

Sorry for the off-topic queries as it was not related to mumbai consulate.
Whether Travel Insurance compulsory for VI in all the consulates?
BTW, I am going to have my VI @ chennai consulate on 17-July.
Just want to know, whether it is safe to take it before the VI.
I heard from few of them that it (Travel Insurance) is required only during visa stamping with respect to chennai consulate. Just I want to know the perspective from both of you.

If I need to take 'Travel Insurance' then please give some ideas for the following questions,
BTW, which travel insurance you took?
How much it will cost?
I guess taking Insurance for a month is sufficient as once we landed in Germany it is not going to be valid.
I am planning to travel to Germany on september last week (September 24 or later).

Infobank

German University Application Status for 'Winter Semester' 2014/15:
Destination University :University of Paderborn.
07-10-2014 10:52 PM
cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

Sriram ParthaIt's better to have it at the time of VI. Someone who appeared at chennai consulate can confirm. For me it was compulsory. I got mine from insurancepandit.com and of bajaj Allianz for 2 months. It costs around 936 rs. You can take it for 60 days from 1st sept. So you will be on safer side irrespective of your flight dates.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

07-10-2014 10:56 PM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

Sriram Partha

I took it directly from Bajaj Allianz website, as I faced some booking problems with insurancepandit. I took it for one month costed me Rs.650.

Infobank Tutorial

07-10-2014 11:08 PM
nimbus_2000 Offline
Edulix Distinguished Contributor

nimbus_2000 Offline

Likes Given: 3
cneha1991

Congrats! And also to pygandhi29!
Even I was asked to write a motivation letter during my VI. That was a big shocker for me too. Writing a motivation letter in that crowded place with people going in and out is kinda crazy. Laughing

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 11:29 PM by nimbus_2000.)
07-10-2014 11:29 PM
dada3mn Offline
Edulix Senior Member

dada3mn Offline
Edulix Senior Member

cneha1991 congrats... And best of luck

But woah... Motivation letter... That must have been awkward...
BTW I will be buying travel insurance in coming days. Does the Bajaj Allianz one require health certificate or anything in hard copy. I am too lazy nowadays and don't even want to go from my phone to the laptop. Is the application completely online?

07-11-2014 08:33 PM
cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

dada3mn Yeah it was really awkward. Travel insurance. is completely online and it does not require anything. I bought it through insurancepandit.com.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

07-11-2014 08:40 PM
dada3mn Offline
Edulix Senior Member

dada3mn Offline
Edulix Senior Member

cneha1991
Thanks... Looks like most of your official stuff is now sorted out ... #Timely

07-11-2014 08:49 PM
cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

dada3mn yup everything is done except flight tickets. I have much time left as I will be leaving on 30th September.

07-11-2014 11:08 PM
Sriram Partha Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Sriram Partha Offline
Edulix Frequent User

cneha1991, scofield1144

Thanks for the suggestions.
Will check both the options (Bajaj Allianz, Insurance Pandit) before applying through online.

Infobank

German University Application Status for 'Winter Semester' 2014/15:
Destination University :University of Paderborn.
07-12-2014 10:34 PM
cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

Sriram Partha
Insurnacepandit is only a gateway to buy policies of various companies such as reliance, Bajaj, National insurance etc. Depending on your requirement it will show all possible insurances and their charges. So if you want to buy from a companies website only, you can check the plans on insurancepandit and then buy from respective website.

07-13-2014 09:45 AM
cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

Got mail from consulate yesterday for stamping. Smile Mail subject says "Visa Approval", hoping for the same. Smile

08-02-2014 07:55 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread