Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
German visa 2014 | 09 July 2014 | Bangalore consulate | KIT | Energy Technologies
spiketospica Offline
Administrator

spiketospica Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
German visa 2014 | 09 July 2014 | Bangalore consulate | KIT | Energy Technologies
My appointment was at 0920, so I reached Residency Road at 0830 and had breakfast at the Darshini nearby. Met an acquaintance there and reached the consulate at 0855.

There are two counters for national visas, and each applicant is allotted approximately 10 minutes for the interview. At 0900, the guard called in applicants of the 0920 appointment as well (simply because there is space to sit inside and the outside was getting crowded). So after switching off the mobile and undergoing a security check, I went inside (bags are now allowed). I was allotted counter 4. (Tip for future applicants: Do not forget to take a printout of the appointment letter!)

Since one of the persons with a 0900 appointment hadn't come, I was called. The speaker wasn't working very well, so I picked up the phone.

Officer: Which visa are you applying for?
Me: Student visa
O: Ok, pass all the documents at once - 2 sets of docs, DD, 1 photo and Passport. You should keep all this ready.
Me: *Scrambling with the phone and the documents, eventually passed them*
O: Which university will you be attending?
Me: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
O: Which program?
Me: Energy Technologies *she didn't hear properly, so repeated it*
O: What was your UG degree?
Me: Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
O: UG marks?
Me: CGPA of 8.9 on 10
O: Which English test did you take?
Me: IELTS
O: How much did you get?
Me: 8 on 9
O: Any German proficiency?
Me: No, but I am taking an A1 class.
O: How long is the course in Germany?
Me: 2 Years - but only 1 year is in Karlsruhe. Second year is in another country in Europe.
O:When do you plan to leave?
Me: September 10th
O: Who is your contact person in Germany?
Me: Ms. ABC DEF, she is the coordinator for the whole programme
O: Have you transferred the money to the blocked account?
Me: No, I have received a scholarship
O: Oh, where is the document for that?
Me: It's in the second page of the admission letter *Points out*
O: How much will you be getting per month?
Me: 750 EUR
O: Okay. I'm not sure if it will be enough. If it is not enough you may have to show some money in your account or even a blocked account
Me: But in the normal course of things, I would have had to transfer 8040 EUR to the blocked account .. *Interrupts me*
O: Yes yes, I will have to ask my supervisor and let you know. He doesn't seem to be in yet
Me: Okay, will you be emailing me?
O: Yes. Please tell me your email address.
Me: *Told*. If I don't get an email, shall I assume that it is fine?
O: Yes
Me: All right, but even according to the blocked account procedure, amount per month is around 670 EUR. This is much more than that.
O: It depends on the place and everything. Is this amount inclusive of accommodation or not?
Me: No
O: *Gets up* Let me check if he is in. *Comes back after 1 minute* No he hasn't come yet. We'll mail you or call you in case we need more information.
Me: All right, not a problem
O: Where will your 2nd year be?
Me: Sweden, Portugal or France. It will be decided by February next year. I have applied for 1 year only in the visa application.
O: OK. *Typing typing*
Me: Do you need my degree certificate?
O: Yes, please pass the convocation certificate only. No marks cards or anything else.
Me: OK *Passed it*
O: OK, keep the phone down and keep your right hand four fingers on the scanner.
Me: *Doing the biometrics stuff*
O: *Stamps the passport with a stamp* (D visa, 09 July 2014, German Consulate Bangalore). OK, that is all.
O: Oh wait, here's a form you have to fill. Just drop this before going out.
It was a DAAD form asking for basic personal details. Just for statistical purposes.

Not a very complicated procedure. There was one person who had got 2 copies of the application...with the photo pasted! He got a dressing-down by the lady in the other counter. Please don't do anything like that.

I was out of the place by 0945.

I haven't got any mail from them yet. Hoping there are no hitches.

Fall '14 applicant. Energy/Resources.

New to Edulix? Please fill your Infobank first!
Read the profile evaluation guidelines for Spring/Fall 2015.
Tag people like this: @[spiketospica]

Please avoid sending PMs. Ask your questions on the forum where it can be preserved for future applicants. Please send PMs only if I request you to, or if you require some administrative help on the forum.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 12:48 PM by spiketospica.)
07-11-2014 12:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
prikulkarni Offline
Edulix Senior Member

prikulkarni Offline
Edulix Senior Member

RE: German visa 2014 | 09 July 2014 | Bangalore consulate | KIT | Energy Technologies
All the best spiketospica! My VI was also in Bangalore on 9th July, but mine was at 10.40. Hope both of us get our visa approvals soon Smile
07-11-2014 05:14 PM
shivguru.rao Offline
Edulix Senior Member

shivguru.rao Offline
Edulix Senior Member

RE: German visa 2014 | 09 July 2014 | Bangalore consulate | KIT | Energy Technologies
spiketospica
Quote:There was one person who had got 2 copies of the application...with the photo pasted! He got a dressing-down by the lady in the other counter. Please don't do anything like that.

I din get this. even i had 2 applications with the set and had pasted 2 photes on them. But all went fine with me.

INFOBANK || My VI || INFOBANK Tutorial
Fall 2014: RWTH MI | Ploimi CS |TU Munich- Informatics(Dest) |FH Frankfurt-HIS | TUD DSS | RWTH SSE

Inactive on edulix. Please tag other seniors.
07-11-2014 11:58 PM
spiketospica Offline
Administrator

spiketospica Offline
Administrator

I should have been clearer. He had taken the Xerox after pasting the photo. So the two copies had only Xeroxed photos.

Sent from my XT1022

Please avoid sending PMs. Ask your questions on the forum where it can be preserved for future applicants. Please send PMs only if I request you to, or if you require some administrative help on the forum.
07-12-2014 12:31 AM
shivguru.rao Offline
Edulix Senior Member

shivguru.rao Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Oh ok.. I din see that coming Very Happy Very Happy

Fall 2014: RWTH MI | Ploimi CS |TU Munich- Informatics(Dest) |FH Frankfurt-HIS | TUD DSS | RWTH SSE

07-12-2014 05:55 PM
spiketospica Offline
Administrator

spiketospica Offline
Administrator

Update: I received the stamping mail today. KH Road and Residency Road flyover traffic meant that I entered the Consulate at exactly 14:59, a minute before the deadline for today. The place was nearly deserted and I was the only person in there.The lady at the counter was the same person who took my interview. She was irritated at my late arrival and said she may not be able to give it today. I apologized and she said she'll try. My acknowledgement sheet was taken.

After 5 minutes, she gave back my degree certificate and passport with the visa sticker. She smiled and said "You're lucky you got it after coming late". I apologized again, thanked her, checked the details on the sticker, and got out.

On the way back home, I witnessed a huge traffic buildup from St. Marks Road junction till Shantinagar bus stand and prayed a minute's prayer for those stuck there.

Thank you @nimbus_2000 for all the advice, and good luck to @scofield1144 and co-worrier @naveen19.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 05:58 PM by spiketospica.)
08-20-2014 05:55 PM
antidive Offline

antidive Offline

Congratulations spiketospica! Btw, how does it work at the Bangalore Consulate? Do they get your passport stamped in a single day?

Can you also get your passport stamped at the VFS centre?

"So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty."

Filling your Infobank | Learning German - Resources Index | Compilation of German Visa Threads
08-20-2014 07:15 PM
shivguru.rao Offline
Edulix Senior Member

shivguru.rao Offline
Edulix Senior Member

antidive There is no VFS in Bangalore i guess so only consulate. And ya you will get it in 5 to 10 min. pretty simple procedure. No extra charges and yu only need receipt,Passport. (Blocked account confirmation and travel insurance if yu had not submitted earlier).

08-20-2014 07:24 PM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

Congrats spiketospica...Very Happy

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new-Albert Einstein

All you need to know about studying Masters in Germany | German University specific threads with List of Seniors

Infobank Tutorial

Please avoid PMs. Tag me for replies
08-20-2014 07:34 PM
spiketospica Offline
Administrator

spiketospica Offline
Administrator

They didn't ask travel insurance either.

BTW, yeah I think you can submit it at VFS as well (I think this is something introduced very recently, so it might not have been there when you got your visa shivguru.rao Smile ). But the mail said "you can also submit at VFS Bangalore". I don't understand who in his/her right mind would pay some 800 bucks to VFS in MG Road whereas one can get it done for free hardly 2 blocks away. It would make sense if they allow people to submit at VFS centres in places like Kochi or Hubli (who would have otherwise had to come till Bangalore).

08-20-2014 07:37 PM
aditya57 Offline
Edulix Super Senior

aditya57 Offline
Edulix Super Senior

Likes Given: 1
Pardon me about the ignorance of the German visa process but if you've made it congratulations and have a happy journey Spike Smile

Not very active due to work commitments. Please explore this site and then tag.
Infobank
08-20-2014 07:58 PM
spiketospica Offline
Administrator

spiketospica Offline
Administrator

Thanks aditya57 and scofield1144!

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 08:01 PM by spiketospica.)
08-20-2014 08:01 PM
shivguru.rao Offline
Edulix Senior Member

shivguru.rao Offline
Edulix Senior Member

spiketospica ya i did not know about the VFS. Anyways it does not make sense if yu are a banagalorian to go to VFS.

08-20-2014 08:05 PM
antidive Offline

antidive Offline

shivguru.rao Thanks man! Ridiculous that the Consulate and the VFS centre are so close!

"So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty."

Filling your Infobank | Learning German - Resources Index | Compilation of German Visa Threads
08-20-2014 08:43 PM
nimbus_2000 Offline
Edulix Distinguished Contributor

nimbus_2000 Offline

Likes Given: 3
Congrats spiketospica! Deutschland awaits Very Happy

08-21-2014 02:28 AM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread