Edulix Distinguished Contributor

nimbus_2000 Offline

Likes Given: 3
Unisearch: Link
RE: Post arrival processes in Germany
No. You do not have to undergo a checkup.

08-23-2014 04:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
shivguru.rao Offline
Edulix Senior Member

shivguru.rao Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Likes Given: 0
Is the procedure for getting Residence permit same in all the states? Because I saw some where on FB that we require medical report saying that we do not have TB in order to get a Residence permit. I do not know how true is it though.

INFOBANK || My VI || INFOBANK Tutorial
Fall 2014: RWTH MI | Ploimi CS |TU Munich- Informatics(Dest) |FH Frankfurt-HIS | TUD DSS | RWTH SSE

Inactive on edulix. Please tag other seniors.
08-23-2014 09:29 PM
GearBklsh Offline
New Edulixian

GearBklsh Offline
New Edulixian

Having stayed in Germany for a while, I have yet to hear of the Ausländerbehörde asking for a medical report when applying for a residence permit. I am not sure about Bayern (bavaria) though. Anybody studying there? Would be nice to get an answer from them.

EDIT: I guess I am wrong in assuming that different rules apply in Bavaria. I guess you don't need any medical report. Sorry, my bad. Check this link for more details:

http://www.international.tum.de/en/welco...ce-permit/
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014 10:38 PM by GearBklsh.)
08-23-2014 09:34 PM
dhotresourabh Offline
Edulix Super Senior

dhotresourabh Offline
Edulix Super Senior

naveen19
Nope. No health check ups or anything. You can directly go and take up health insurance. For residence permit you might need 1 year money and a house contract. If you have affidavit of support then you might directly get a 2 year visa. Make sure ur affidavit says that ur sponsor will support u till the end of education (and not 2 years). Its good for visa extension after 2 years.

Above info is wrt my experience in Dortmund. Might vary for different cities.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014 04:17 PM by dhotresourabh.)
08-25-2014 04:14 PM
Seprac Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Seprac Offline
Edulix Senior Member

anuragm sir, I have been shamelessly bugging you for the past few days and here I ask you one more doubt.

I'll be arriving at Frankfurt Airport and travelling to Paderborn by an ICE. I felt it would be handy if I got a Sim card with me.

Should I buy some International Calling Cards from here itself like Matrix or Uni Connect??
Or since they will be a costly affair, are the Prepaid cards (Something which I plan to use permanently) available at the Frankfurt Airport itself?.

Would it be as simple as going to them asking for a Sim card or are there any documentation work involved like here in India? Also, which company Sim would you recommend for prepaid?

scofield1144: What did you do?

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
-Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
09-18-2014 03:43 PM
scofield1144 Offline

scofield1144 Offline

Seprac

I did not see any shop selling sim card in Frankfurt.

I bought a new vodafone sim card from India and activated International roaming in it. Though I was not able to call my home after reaching Frankfurt. When my parents called me (they will be charged only the local call rates), I was able to respond to their calls. You can just inform your family that you have reached safely. Since incoming calls are charged Rs.15 per min.

Then after reaching Braunschweig, I took Lycamobile sim which offers international calls at a lower rate.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new-Albert Einstein

All you need to know about studying Masters in Germany | German University specific threads with List of Seniors

Infobank Tutorial

Please avoid PMs. Tag me for replies
09-18-2014 11:24 PM
anuragm Away

anuragm Away

Likes Given: 10
Well, if you feel the need to call home as soon as you land then you could get a temporary international SIM.

Once you reach your city (or any city if there are breaks in your journey), you buy a prepaid SIM. You will only need some cash for it (10-20 Euros). You can find them easily in a shop selling phones or a gas station. You will not need to submit any documents to buy a prepaid SIM. Preferred providers are Deutschland SIM, Fonic, Eteleon, Aldi Talk etc. They are usually much cheaper than O2, Vodafone, etc. and calling rates are the same.

For people who wish to get postpaid connections - ALWAYS get the contract proofread by a German friend of yours before you sign it. In fact, do not sign on anything (even those offers given out at the university campus promising you freebies) without reading everything first. Companies take advantage of the fact that there are a lot of new students in the campus around this time and ask people to sign for a "free subscription" or something like it. A number of students run into problems because they did not read/understand the fine print.

09-21-2014 04:13 PM
ramkp123 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ramkp123 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(08-25-2014 04:14 PM)dhotresourabh Wrote:  @[naveen19]
Nope. No health check ups or anything. You can directly go and take up health insurance. For residence permit you might need 1 year money and a house contract. If you have affidavit of support then you might directly get a 2 year visa. Make sure ur affidavit says that ur sponsor will support u till the end of education (and not 2 years). Its good for visa extension after 2 years.

Above info is wrt my experience in Dortmund. Might vary for different cities.

dhotresourabh

affidavit of support - Is it the same type of documents (eg. sponsorship letter from parents and their bank statements with letter from bank) that we submit for VI in India?

If yes, Are those documents valid over there? If they are from a non-German Bank (SBI) of India.

P.s. - I am planning to submit other forms of finanial support documents next month in Chennai, not the 8040 in the blocked account. I hope I can convince the VO coz I can show funds in the form of FD and savings for more than 2 years from my parents. And they don´t want to break open the FDs till its needed. That is the situation I am going to explain the VO. So I´m wondering if the same evidence of financial support can be used for resident permit application as well? Thanks for the reply.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 10:21 PM by ramkp123.)
10-09-2015 10:15 PM
spiketospica Offline
Administrator

spiketospica Offline
Administrator

Essentially, what you show during the Visa Interview in India will work while applying for the Residence Permit as well.

A blocked account is the most common way to show proof of finances, but technically there are other ways possible (the blocked account makes things very simple, so it is most preferred by applicants and embassies/consulates alike). An affidavit of support executed in India is generally not valid in Germany (at least it is not commonly accepted), and is unlikely to be accepted during the visa interview as well. The equivalent document you will be looking for is called the Verpflictungserklärung, issued by a consulate/embassy. If you decide to go along this route, then I would recommend you contacting the consulate/embassy much in advance to figure out the procedure to get a Verpflichtungserklärung.

Fall '14 applicant. Energy/Resources.

New to Edulix? Please fill your Infobank first!
Read the profile evaluation guidelines for Spring/Fall 2015.
Tag people like this: @[spiketospica]

Please avoid sending PMs. Ask your questions on the forum where it can be preserved for future applicants. Please send PMs only if I request you to, or if you require some administrative help on the forum.
10-09-2015 11:19 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread