26th May 2015 || Mumbai Consulate || Hochschule Darmstadt || IMSEIT
vickeykamat Offline
Edulix Senior Member

vickeykamat Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Likes Given: 1
Unisearch: Link
26th May 2015 || Mumbai Consulate || Hochschule Darmstadt || IMSEIT
First and foremost, a big "Thank YOU" to all the seniors of the edulix EU forum for solving all my visa related doubts, however minuscule they seemed to be!
Now my Visa Experience:

26th May, 2015
German Visa experience – Mumbai consulate
University: Hochschule Darmstadt
Course: International Masters in Electrical engg & Information Technology

Had booked the visa interview date and time slot via the VFS call center on 17th May, 2015.

My visa appointment was for 11:15 AM but I went there around 9.15 AM, because I wanted to get my visa photographs clicked at the Atlanta Photo Studio, located a stone's throw away from the consulate location. I got the packet of 8 photos for 100 bucks at around 10 AM. Rest of the time I spent loitering about at the seafront just across the street.
Came back again at the consulate entrance (It does look like a RestoBar's entrance) at 10.45 AM, many people had already assembled there, mainly for work visas. Just me and i believe two more for student visa. Parents, Relatives, Friends aren't allowed inside. So they have to
find a place until you complete your interview.

Security guard checked our appointment letter and DD and let us in at 11.10 AM. Once you enter the consulate, via the 'IN' door, the security guard scans your bag and yourself with the security wand and he asks you to switch off your mobile phone and keep it inside your bag. You have to carry your documents both original and 2 photocopy sets. Your bag is to be kept in a corner. There are no special lockers available. Keep a pen with you.

You are provided with a checklist to arrange your documents. Arrange them accordingly. You are required to write your name, passport number, phone number on the back side of the DD. The consulate has checklists for all types of visa and they provide you one to arrange all the documents in the order mentioned on the checklist. Made both sets accordingly. Only following documents were mentioned in checklist:
1. Application form
2. Declaration form
3. Cover Letter
4. Degree certificate
5. (If applicable, contract of agreement between student and univ)No idea about itRolling Eyes
6. Language proficiency certificates
7. copy of passport
8. Travel insurance (Not mentioned on the checklist available on the embassy website)Evil or Very Mad
9. Proof of financial means

As you finish arranging the documents, you will be called one by one. An Indian guy behind a counter checked DD amount,DD form, both application sets, removed unnecessary documents(Ex; Photocopies of the DD) and assigns a token number for the actual Visa interview.
(Mine was token no.9)

But mind you, this all takes a lot of time.Neutral I got the token number at around 12 noon and my token number flashed at around 12.40 PM

At the Visa Counter:
The VO was a young Indian girl maybe in her late 20's. (German consulate's obsession with Indian girls continues)Laughing

Me: (Wanted to start with Good Afternoon, but said nothing)Brick wall
VO: Please Drop both the sets, DD, DD forms and Passport here.(In the tray)
Me: *Dropped*
VO: Why are you going to Germany?
Me: For pursuing Masters in Engineering
VO: Which university?
Me: Hochschule Darmstadt
VO: When does the course start?
Me: 1st September
VO: What is the duration of the course?
Me: 2 years
VO: What is your highest qualification ?
Me: Bachelors in Engineering in Instrumentation Engineering (I actually said that, realised my folly and mentally kicked myself)
VO: What is the language of instruction for your course?
Me: This program is 100% in English
VO: completely in English?
Me: Yes.
VO: When did you complete your engineering?
Me: I graduated recently, in 2014
VO: So what have you been doing since then?
Me: I studied for GRE and TOEFL with the intention of pursuing masters, then I did a short 3 month internship at a building automation firm, and currently I'm brushing up on technical and German language skills
VO: So have you cleared any German proficiency level?
Me: Yes Ma'm, I have cleared A1 level
VO: Have you brought the German language certificate?
Me: Yes
VO: Please pass it
Me: *dropped the A1 level certificate in the tray*
VO: *goes through it* Ohh, you've cleared A1 in 2013, that's two years ago
Me: *Ready to defend, saying that I'm still in touch with the language* Yeah, I did it alongside my engineering and..
VO: That means you were considering studying in Germany from quite a long time
Me: Exactly Ma'mWink
VO: OK, now please pass me your original degree certificate, TOEFL certi and two copies of the German language certificate
Me:*Gave*
VO:*silent* *carefully reading my cover letter*Very Happy So you don't have any tuition fees?
Me:No tuition fees ma'm, just the semester fees.
VO: OK, what are the semester fees?
Me:told
VO:*passes me the questionnaire form* Please fill up this form

The questionnaire had the following questions:
1.Why Germany? Where did you come to know the course?
2.Why did you choose this university?
3.Course (Mention few modules from your course)
4.Other universities you have applied to. How does the course differ from the current course?
5.Researchers in your field? Please do not mention professors from your course
6.marks/grades in 10th, 12th and bachelors and medium of instruction for each
7.Gaps in education if any (more than 6 months) after 10th, 12th or Bachelors, justify the gaps.

Me:*Scribbling the answers, when all of a sudden*..
VO:Is this your original degree certificate?? *holding it up*
Me:Yes Ma'm! *Dafaq*Shocked
VO:It seems too light *God knows what that means, I believe it was about the print*
Me: Mam'm, you may verify..It has the hologram and the barcode on it!
VO: OK
Me:*Completed the questionnaire, handed it back*
VO:Now we need to take biometric scans of ur fingers, place your something something *Voice was not clear due to some announcement*
Me:Sorry Ma'm, couldn't hear you. Please repeat again.
VO:*Waiting for the announcement to get over* Told it loud and clear this time.
Me:*Did as I was instructed*
VO:I'm stamping your passport now, it is the proof of your application for a student visa. You will receive a decision email within 8 to 12 weeks
on your email ID *points to the email ID I've entered on my application form*
Me: OK
VO:*Returns my passport with a D-4 stamp and a receipt for the payment of the visa fees*
Me:That's it?
VO:Yeah
Me: OK, thanks a lot ma'm!

So that was it. I was done by 1 PM. Next I packed all the documents properly, collected my bag, caught a BEST bus from NCPA bus stop straight to CST from where I went to 'Cafe New Excelsior' to wolf down a delicious Chicken Shawarma! (Must try)

Additional Notes:
1.Take along your original marksheets of engineering, transcripts, 10th and 12th marksheets and two sets of xerox for the same. Just in case if they ask.
2.As I had not taken any loan, I had taken an affidavit of support from my mom along with her salary slip and a bank letter. But was never asked for it.
3.I was never asked about the travel insurance, despite it being mentioned in the consulate checklist. So, I'll take one at the time of stamping.
If you can take a travel insurance before visa interview, well and good, else they'll simply ask you to take it before stamping if the topic comes up during the interview.

18th June, 2015
I received the Visa approval e-mail at around 11.50 am.Very Happy The visa approval came in just 23 days!! Will go for the actual visa stamping in a day or two.

26th June, 2015
Submitted my passport for visa stamping along with a copy of the visa approval mail and the travel insurance at VFS Mumbai. The person across the counter told me that my passport will be ready for collection in a week's time. So now waiting!

30th June, 2015
I did not get the SMS notifications from VFS (I guess it's because my cell number is in the DND list). But I was continuously tracking my passport status on the VFS website. The status changed to 'Passport ready for collection' on 29th June evening. So basically the stamping process concluded in a single working day!
Collection timings for VFS Mumbai are 4PM - 5PM. Reached there at around 4.15PM. Had to wait for a few minutes before my turn came. Submitted the documents as mentioned below and got a sealed brown envelope containing my passport. Opened the package there itself and verified the visa dates and details. Did a little mental dance, thanked God and was on my way home soon!

Documents needed to submit while collecting passport:
1. Xerox Copy of Govt. ID proof (Ex: Driving license)
2. Receipt that was provided while submission

Finally Visa stamped and I'm done and dusted with the month long process!
Now, Deutschland awaits! Time to live the dream,soon! Cool
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 11:32 AM by vickeykamat.)
05-26-2015 09:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ksaurabh02 Offline
Edulix Active Member

Ksaurabh02 Offline
Edulix Active Member

RE: 26th May 2015 || Mumbai Consulate || Hochschule Darmstadt || IMSEIT
vickeykamat did you pay the course fees before VI?

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 03:25 PM by Ksaurabh02.)
06-10-2015 03:24 PM
vickeykamat Offline
Edulix Senior Member

vickeykamat Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Ksaurabh02

There are no fees for my course at H_da. If you were asking about the semester fees, then no , I haven't paid it yet. The deadline for payment is 1st Aug, so I will make the payment in July.

My Infobank || My VI Experience
I won't be doing Profile Evaluations. Tag me for queries related to my university & course and for Visa related queries
Hard work conquers all
06-10-2015 10:07 PM
edward.enigma Offline
New Edulixian

edward.enigma Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
In how many days did they say that you would receive the visa?

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 09:26 PM by edward.enigma.)
06-12-2015 09:25 PM
vickeykamat Offline
Edulix Senior Member

vickeykamat Offline
Edulix Senior Member

edward.enigma

I've written about that too in my Visa interview experience post Very Happy
Please go through it

I won't be doing Profile Evaluations. Tag me for queries related to my university & course and for Visa related queries
Hard work conquers all
06-12-2015 10:08 PM
aniketms1 Offline
New Edulixian

aniketms1 Offline
New Edulixian

(05-26-2015 09:08 PM)vickeykamat Wrote:  First and foremost, a big "Thank YOU" to all the seniors of the edulix EU forum for solving all my visa related doubts, however minuscule they seemed to be!
Now my Visa Experience:

26th May, 2015
German Visa experience – Mumbai consulate
University: Hochschule Darmstadt
Course: International Masters in Electrical engg & Information Technology

Had booked the visa interview date and time slot via the VFS call center on 17th May, 2015.

My visa appointment was for 11:15 AM but I went there around 9.15 AM, reason being that I wanted to get my visa photographs clicked at the Atlanta Photo Studio, located a stone's throw away from the consulate location. I got the packet of 8 photos for 100 bucks at around 10 AM. Rest of the time I spent loitering about at the seafront just across the street.
Came back again at the consulate entrance (It does look like a RestoBar's entrance) at 10.45 AM, many people had already assembled there, mainly for work visas. Just me and i believe two more for student visa. Parents, Relatives, Friends aren't allowed inside. So they have to
find a place until you complete your interview.

Security guard checked our appointment letter and DD and let us in at 11.10 AM. Once you enter the consulate, via the 'IN' door, the security guard scans your bag and yourself with the security wand and he asks you to switch off your mobile phone and keep it inside your bag. You have to carry your documents both original and 2 photocopy sets. Your bag is to be kept in a corner. There are no special lockers available. Keep a pen with you.

You are provided with a checklist to arrange your documents. Arrange them accordingly. You are required to write your name, passport number, phone number on the back side of the DD. The consulate has checklists for all types of visa and they provide you one to arrange all the documents in the order mentioned on the checklist. Made both sets accordingly. Only following documents were mentioned in checklist:
1. Application form
2. Declaration form
3. Cover Letter
4. Degree certificate
5. (If applicable, contract of agreement between student and univ)No idea about itRolling Eyes
6. Language proficiency certificates
7. copy of passport
8. Travel insurance (Not mentioned on the checklist available on the embassy website)Evil or Very Mad
9. Proof of financial means

As you finish arranging the documents, you will be called one by one. An Indian guy behind a counter checked DD amount,DD form, both application sets, removed unnecessary documents(Ex; Photocopies of the DD) and assigns a token number for the actual Visa interview.
(Mine was token no.9)

But mind you, this all takes a lot of time.Neutral I got the token number at around 12 noon and my token number flashed at around 12.40 PM

At the Visa Counter:
The VO was a young Indian girl maybe in her late 20's. (German consulate's obsession with Indian girls continues)Laughing

Me: (Wanted to start with Good Afternoon, but said nothing)Brick wall
VO: Please Drop both the sets, DD, DD forms and Passport here.(In the tray)
Me: *Dropped*
VO: Why are you going to Germany?
Me: For pursuing Masters in Engineering
VO: Which university?
Me: Hochschule Darmstadt
VO: When does the course start?
Me: 1st September
VO: What is the duration of the course?
Me: 2 years
VO: What is your highest qualification ?
Me: Bachelors in Engineering in Instrumentation Engineering (I actually said that, realised my folly and mentally kicked myself)
VO: What is the language of instruction for your course?
Me: This program is 100% in English
VO: completely in English?
Me: Yes.
VO: When did you complete your engineering?
Me: I graduated recently, in 2014
VO: So what have you been doing since then?
Me: I studied for GRE and TOEFL with the intention of pursuing masters, then I did a short 3 month internship at a building automation firm, and currently I'm brushing up on technical and German language skills
VO: So have you cleared any German proficiency level?
Me: Yes Ma'm, I have cleared A1 level
VO: Have you brought the German language certificate?
Me: Yes
VO: Please pass it
Me: *dropped the A1 level certificate in the tray*
VO: *goes through it* Ohh, you've cleared A1 in 2013, that's two years ago
Me: *Ready to defend, saying that I'm still in touch with the language* Yeah, I did it alongside my engineering and..
VO: That means you were considering studying in Germany from quite a long time
Me: Exactly Ma'mWink
VO: OK, now please pass me your original degree certificate, TOEFL certi and two copies of the German language certificate
Me:*Gave*
VO:*silent* *carefully reading my cover letter*Very Happy So you don't have any tuition fees?
Me:No tuition fees ma'm, just the semester fees.
VO: OK, what are the semester fees?
Me:told
VO:*passes me the questionnaire form* Please fill up this form

The questionnaire had the following questions:
1.Why Germany? Where did you come to know the course?
2.Why did you choose this university?
3.Course (Mention few modules from your course)
4.Other universities you have applied to. How does the course differ from the current course?
5.Researchers in your field? Please do not mention professors from your course
6.marks/grades in 10th, 12th and bachelors and medium of instruction for each
7.Gaps in education if any (more than 6 months) after 10th, 12th or Bachelors, justify the gaps.

Me:*Scribbling the answers, when all of a sudden*..
VO:Is this your original degree certificate?? *holding it up*
Me:Yes Ma'm! *Dafaq*Shocked
VO:It seems too light *God knows what that means, I believe it was about the print*
Me: Mam'm, you may verify..It has the hologram and the barcode on it!
VO: OK
Me:*Completed the questionnaire, handed it back*
VO:Now we need to take biometric scans of ur fingers, place your something something *Voice was not clear due to some announcement*
Me:Sorry Ma'm, couldn't hear you. Please repeat again.
VO:*Waiting for the announcement to get over* Told it loud and clear this time.
Me:*Did as I was instructed*
VO:I'm stamping your passport now, it is the proof of your application for a student visa. You will receive a decision email within 8 to 12 weeks
on your email ID *points to the email ID I've entered on my application form*
Me: OK
VO:*Returns my passport with a D-4 stamp and a receipt for the payment of the visa fees*
Me:That's it?
VO:Yeah
Me: OK, thanks a lot ma'm!

So that was it. I was done by 1 PM. Next I packed all the documents properly, collected my bag, caught a BEST bus from NCPA bus stop straight to CST from where I went to 'Cafe New Excelsior' to wolf down a delicious Chicken Shawarma! (Must try)Razz

Additional Notes:
1.Take along your original marksheets of engineering, transcripts, 10th and 12th marksheets and two sets of xerox for the same. Just in case if they ask.
2.As I had not taken any loan, I had taken an affidavit of support from my mom along with her salary slip and a bank letter. But was never asked for it.
3.I was never asked about the travel insurance, despite it being mentioned in the consulate checklist. So, I'll take one at the time of stamping.
If you can take a travel insurance before visa interview, well and good, else they'll simply ask you to take it before stamping if the topic comes up during the interview.

18th June, 2015
I received the Visa approval e-mail at around 11.50 am.Very Happy The visa approval came in just 23 days!! Will go for the actual visa stamping in a day or two.

P.S: Will further edit the post when I get the visa stamped and officially conclude this process. Till then!

Did you have Original Toefl Score Card of the Print out. I haven't received mine yet.
06-26-2015 01:33 PM
vickeykamat Offline
Edulix Senior Member

vickeykamat Offline
Edulix Senior Member

aniketms1

I had my original TOEFL scorecard at the time of my Visa Interview.

Also, please completely fill up your Infobank before posting any further queries.
As per forum rules, no one will answer your queries if you have an empty or Incomplete infobank.
Steps for filling up your Infobank can be found HERE

Hard work conquers all
06-26-2015 05:26 PM
cybog5 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

cybog5 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

vickeykamat

can u create new thread or add info. for filling visa form like this one is out dated http://www.edulix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=134689

I guess consulate has introduce new form.
Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

06-29-2015 09:07 PM
cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 2
cybog5 You can also do that and whatever fields that are not clear to you, you can ask your fellow applicants and modify thread. Smile

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
VI Experience | Computer Science Course Page Link | Infobank Tutorial
Please tag in posts for answers.
06-30-2015 12:57 AM
cybog5 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

cybog5 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

heyvickeykamat do they keep any original certificates with them Ksaurabh02 mentioned in his visa thread that they took his degree certi.

07-08-2015 09:16 PM
vickeykamat Offline
Edulix Senior Member

vickeykamat Offline
Edulix Senior Member

cybog5

Ksaurabh's VI was at Bangalore consulate, many of my H_da batchmates who appeared for the VI at Bangalore consulate also confirmed that the consulate keeps the degree certificate with them till the time when you go for stamping, at which they return it back to you.

Although, there is no such thing at the Mumbai consulate. NO documents are kept by them.

Hard work conquers all
07-09-2015 11:15 AM
cybog5 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

cybog5 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(07-09-2015 11:15 AM)vickeykamat Wrote:  @[cybog5]

Ksaurabh's VI was at Bangalore consulate, many of my H_da batchmates who appeared for the VI at Bangalore consulate also confirmed that the consulate keeps the degree certificate with them till the time when you go for stamping, at which they return it back to you.

Although, there is no such thing at the Mumbai consulate. NO documents are kept by them.

Thanks for the headsup

07-09-2015 01:59 PM
shobhitsharmagre Offline
Edulix Frequent User

shobhitsharmagre Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 4
German visa for h da
Hii all, I have a peculiar problem. I have been aceepted by h da IMSEIT WS 2016, and will be appearing for my visa interview at delhi on 26th april.

I wanna travel to germany on june 26 itself as i have my lang course booked. The course starts 27th june and ends in first week of aug.

So the question is..
Will i get my visa extention from ausländerbehörde untill 26th of sept for one year..bcoz if i get the visa issued from 26th june den three mnths xpire on 26th sept itself?

Second i will be staying in Mainz for the first three mnths so will i have to provide the adress in Mainz or in Darmstadt while filling up the visa application form.?

Third do i need to take the travel insurance for sept 26 th or only fot ome mnth can do and den i can buy new policy once i reach Germany.?
kindly help I m not sure if i should apply for two visa or just one wld do.
Many thanx in anticipation.
04-15-2016 04:47 AM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread