Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14th July | Chennai Consulate | HS Ravensburg Weingarten | Electrical Engg Master
dexterboy Offline
Edulix Frequent User

dexterboy Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 2
Unisearch: Link
14th July | Chennai Consulate | HS Ravensburg Weingarten | Electrical Engg Master
I would like to share my experience at the Chennai consulate. So this is how it went-

VISA INTERVIEW:
Date:14th July 2015
Place: German Consulate, Chennai
My appointment was at 10:50 am. I reached the consulate at 10:05 am. Directly proceeded to the security booth and said that I was there for the interview and my appointment was at 10:50. He asked me to keep my bag outside and take only the copies and original documents with me. I entered inside and gave my mobile to the security lady who kept it in a locker. I then entered the hall where interviews were going on in the counters and I was shown the checklist for arranging the two sets of documents. As I had already arranged 2 sets, it did not take long, just had to re order some docs. The security checked the docs and asked me to take a token from the token machine and wait for my turn. 3 counters were active, Counter no.2,3, and 4 (the one inside a doorway/a small room). Counter 2 was being handled by an Indian lady (probably in her mid/late 20s), Counter 3 by a German lady (older than the Indian), Counter 4 by a lady who was out of sight but whom I could hear her over the speaker (sometimes pretty loudly Mad).

My token no. appears against counter 2 and I proceed to the counter.
Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning. Place the docs in the tray.
Me: *struggling to make them fit in the tray*
VO: Place them sideways.
Me: *Placed it*
A Long period of silence during which she flips through all the docs. I keep waiting for the questions...
VO: Place your right hand forefingers on the device (fingerprint scanner).
Me: *Confused as I thought this was usually the final step, I place my fingers*
VO: Press them.
Me: *Followed similar instructions for left hand and thumbs*
VO: *after typing for sometime* What was your university(UG)?
Me: Answered.
VO: What was your percentage?
Me: Answered.
VO: *After a pause for sometime* Did you apply for any other universities other than this?
Me: Yes, I did apply to 2 other TUs, as I'm interested in doing Ph.D. I applied to so and so TUs but got rejects.
VO: What would you do after Ph.D?
Me: I would return to India for a job?
VO: What kind of a job?
Me: R&D
VO: OK
VO: *Some lady walked up to the VO and had a conversation*
Me: (After their conversation) The courses in those TUs were not the same as this university. Since I've done bachelor's in Electrical probably that is the reason my applications were rejected.
VO: (Listens considerately and smiles)
Me: (Thinking that that info was unnecessary and quickly trying to minimise any damage) I'm interested in "specialization" and this university is offering modules like so and so, therefore this is a good admit for me.
VO: Nods and smiles again, after some more typing and stamping my visa with the usual "D" and pushing the tray towards me You'll get an e mail "something something"(couldn't hear)
Me: Thank you. When can I expect the mail?
VO: It usually takes 4-12 weeks. You may even get it earlier.
Me: Thank you. Smile

Points to be noted:
Questions expected by me but NOT asked:
1. Why Germany?
2. Why this university?
3. About German language knowledge.
4. About my time after UG. (I completed UG in 2014)
And Original docs were never asked

I don't know if I answered the question regarding 'other university applications' in the ideal way. Just answered it honestly. Now the wait for the mail begins.
*Fingers crossed*

Hope this would be helpful in one way or the other for people going to chennai consulate.

07-15-2015 02:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
nimbus_2000 Offline
Edulix Distinguished Contributor

nimbus_2000 Offline

Likes Given: 3
Unisearch: Link
RE: 14th July | Chennai Consulate | HS Ravensburg Weingarten | Electrical Engg Master
dexterboy

Good job! Added to the main compilation thread.
All the best! Smile

07-15-2015 02:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread