Spanish Student Visa
ronybony90 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ronybony90 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
Spanish Student Visa
Hi guys. I have recently completed my Spanish Visa process. I will post my experience and most recent procedures that are to be followed for obtaining Spanish Student Visa.

There is already a post on this same matter by The Khula Saand in this thread : http://www.edulix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=135811

His post regarding the experiences still holds true in today's date. I will dealing with much specifics for obtaining a student visa.

You will get the exact details in this website : http://www.vfsglobal.com/spain/india/pdf....03.12.pdf

Before you begin your visa application process, you will have to get hold of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), Medical Certificate.

For PCC; book your appointment in Passport Seva Kendra, take your passport and its xerox copies. Mostly you will get your PCC on the same day of the appointment itself, i.e without any actual police visiting your home for verfication. However in minority cases, ( I have only seen only 1 case for a student ) PCC might take longer time if the Passport officer decides that physical police verification is required.

Next, you need to apostille the PCC. For this, visit the VFS office and submit the PCC to them. They will return the apostilled PCC within 5 working days. Or you can visit the Ministry of External Affairs Office directly for the apostille.

Get hold of a medical certificate stating that "Mr XYZ (your name) is not suffering from any disease that can have repercussions any on the public health in accordance with the International Sanitary Act 2005". Do not deviate from this exact line or paraphrase of any kind. IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTABLE.

In my experience, not many doctors will issue this certificate without getting hold a copy or gist of International Sanitary Act 2005. And believe me you wont find it; even Google cant find it. Also applicants in Delhi have to get this certificate from specified list of hospitals. I would suggest to go to Primus Super Speciality Hospital or Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in Delhi for this certificate. Trust me I am not advertising these 2 hospitals. Actually these 2 hospitals have the most hassle free procedures for the certificate issuance based on my and few other applicants' experiences.

Next, you will have to translate the apostilled PCC and medical certificate. This has to be done by translators recognized by the New Delhi embassy. Visit New Delhi Embassy and you get a list of translators from them. Get your two certificates translated.

Now comes the part of legalization of translated copies of apostilled PCC and medical certicate. For this, you will have to go to New Delhi embassy. It cannot be done in Mumbai Consulate. You have to submit original apostilled PCC + Medical certificate + translated copies of apostilled PCC and medical certicate + demand draft favouring EMBASSY OF SPAIN, NEW DELHI (DD of Rs. 2076/- for each document, i.e DD of 2076/- for PCC and DD of 2076/- for medical certificate). The submission of documents for legalization in New Delhi Embassy can be done only on Mondays and Wednesdays b/w 9 am and 11 am.

Please note only the applicants in New Delhi Embassy require the translation and legalization of both apostilled PCC & Medical Certificate. Applicants in Mumbai Consulate requires translation & legalization of only apostilled PCC. Medical certificate need not be translated or legalized for applicants in Mumbai.

For submission of documents in Mumbai Consulate, you will have to take appointment. For New Delhi Embassy no appointment is required. Although, I have heard talks about appointment procedures might also be started in New Delhi at a later date.

List of documents required for visa application :

1) Application form + 2 xerox copies of the form. Original photos with white background have to be pasted on all 3 forms.

2) DD of Rs. 4030/- + xerox (visa application fees)

3) Apostilled PCC + legalized copy of translation + 2 xerox

4) Medical certificate + legalized copy of translation + 2 xerox ( translation and legalization is not required by Mumbai consulate)

5) Acceptance letter + 2 xerox

6) Medical insurance letter from University or any third party approved medical insurance. You can find the list here : http://www.vfsglobal.com/spain/india/pdf...140615.pdf

7) Bank loan sanction letter ( if required )

8) Income Tax Return for last 3 years of self (if you had a job after graduating). If you dont have 3 years' ITRs, you will have to write a letter stating the reason

9) Salary payslips of last 6 months (printout or xerox will do fine). Dont bother with this, if you didnt have a job.

10) Bank statements of 6 months of self account (if you had a job). You have to get it stamped from the bank in which you were holding the account. You can try getting it stamped from any branch of the bank. (Although I didnt get it stamped even though the embassy officials asked me to do it-so dont do it on your own risk)

11) Father's 3 year ITR + 6 months Bank stamped statements (didnt get this one stamped either). You will also need a letter of financial responsibility if your bank loan doesnt fully cover the costs (not needed in my case). Passport copy of father required. If parent doesnt have passport, provide xerox of voter id +adhar card +pan card

12) Xerox of ALL the pages of your current and old passport (if present)

12) Xerox of educational degrees + marksheets +10th std. & 12 std.

They asked me simple questions like " Why Spain? Duration of course? Name of course, total cost."

If your visa is ready; the Embassy or Consulate officials will call you up asking you to collect your passport without specifying the result whether you have been granted visa or not. I have seen two cases where they forgot to call the guys up even after 1 week have passed when their visa has been granted also. Therefore I suggest to followup with the officials through phone or email after 10 days of your visa application.

It took 10 days for me to get the visa. Although one of my friend got it in 8 days and one other also got his visa after 1 month too.

And as Khula Saand said previously; Spanish visa procedure will "Temhari keh ke lega"
08-13-2015 04:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread