satty008 Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 2
Unisearch: Link
18th August 2015 || Kolkata Consulate || TU Chemnitz ||ASE
German Visa experience – Kolkata Consulate, 18th August 2015
University: TU Chemnitz
Course: Automotive Software Engineering

I booked my VI using the online method (Link : Here )
Alternatively you can also book your Visa Interview date using the helpline number : 022-67866013

18th August 2015
----------------

I had taken a 0930Hrs appointment. 18th August there was a strike called in Kolkata hence,taking no chances I reached the consulate (Hastings Road, Alipur) at 0830Hrs. Since I reached early I thought it would be a nice idea to explore the area. I found a Vijaya Bank nearby which was actually quite a help.

At 0857 Hrs, I was let in by the security person.

I went in and there were 4 persons ahead of me. I was called in at around 0955 Hrs.

The Officer was an Indian Lady in her 20's.

Me : Good Morning Ma'am !
VO : Good Morning ! Please mark the documents on the checklist and pass it to me.
Me : Marked and passed the checklist.
VO : *Scanning through the checklist*. Hmm, your documents appear to be fine, May I see your DD please.
ME : * I had a clue that my DD would be rejected as "FEDERAL" was spelt as FEDER AL. However, I showed her the DD
VO : Ohh, Your draft is wrong. There is a space between R and A in the word FEDERAL.
Me : Yes, I had mentioned the same to SBI, but they say that the space would be there and they cannot rectify it.
VO : You will have to make a new DD. Will you be able to make a new DD and come back before 1100 Hrs
Me : Yes. (Time then was 1008 Hrs). I have one more query.
VO : Yes, Tell me
Me : *Showing her my photograph with a blue background* Will this photograph work?
VO : NO, the background should be white.
Me : Okay ! Thanks!

I went to the Vijaya Bank and made a DD. This time the word Federal was printed correctly. And as far as the photographs were concerned, I luckily had around 50 odd photographs of mine with a white background which I had clicked earlier.

I was back to the consulate at 1047 Hrs.

I went straight to the counter.
VO: Have you corrected the DD
Me: Yes
VO: Pass it on to me !!
Me : Passed the DD
VO: Looking at it . This one is fine. Please report on the next Thursday for your interview !!
Me: Okay. thanks and have a good day ma'am.
VO : Smiling. Good day !

27th August
------------

The interview seemed just like a formality. The VO was a german gentleman in his early 30's.

VO : Good Morning !
Me : *Smiling* Very good morning !
VO : *Scanning through a piece of paper which seemed like a summary of my profile* Why Germany and why this course
Me : Told
VO : *Scanning again and humming * All looks good to me.. tell me why did you do A1 when your course is in english
Me : Told
VO : That's all ! I am approving your visa. you will get it within 6 weeks from today.
Me : I have my orientation from 5th october. Is it possible that I get my visa early.
VO : *Smiles and Says* Looks difficult but we will see what we can do !
Me : Thanks !!

Some important points for people attending Kolkata consulate :

1. Kolkata consulate is pretty strict with financial documents. Apart from the blocked account confirmation, they also ask you to show funds for second year too. Please be ready with the last 3 years IT returns of your sponser, an affidavit from your sponser and second year funds (in the form of FD or Savings bank account), or any other means which can show that you can act as your second year funds.

2. Please do not make your DD from SBI if you attending Kolkata consulate, because SBI prints FEDERAL as FEDER<>AL and this is not accepted by the Kolkata Consulate.

3. Your photograph should have a white background else it would be rejected.

Links to the necessary forms are as below :
Visa Checklist Form
DD form
National Visa application form
Declaration of true and complete form

|My Infobank||Filling up Infobank||Daad.de||My VI|
If you want something that you've never had before.. then you need to do something that you have never done before !!
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015 10:50 PM by satty008.)
09-09-2015 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

cneha1991 Offline
Administrator

RE: 18th August 2015 || Kolkata Consulate || TU Chemnitz ||ASE
Applause Applause
Added link of thread to main visa thread.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
VI Experience | Computer Science Course Page Link | Infobank Tutorial
Please tag in posts for answers.
09-09-2015 02:17 PM
satty008 Offline
Edulix Active Member

satty008 Offline
Edulix Active Member

(09-09-2015 02:17 PM)cneha1991 Wrote:  Applause Applause
Added link of thread to main visa thread.

Very HappyVery Happy . Thank you !! Smile

If you want something that you've never had before.. then you need to do something that you have never done before !!
09-09-2015 02:20 PM
Neanderthal Offline
New Edulixian

Neanderthal Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
satty008 My experience have been almost similar. I got my DD from SBI, and faced the same FEDER AL issue. However, the officer who accepted my docs suggested me to get the DD corrected at the bank branch. She told me it'll be fine if the manager strikes out the word, writes FEDERAL above it and covers it with a transparent tape. I got that done within an hour, and then she accepted my DD.

Waiting for me next was the photography ordeal. It's mentioned on the consulate's website (in the photograph-related pdf in German) that the background should be gray. Accordingly, I got a photo with a gray background. The officer disagreed, and returned the photo, saying that it can't be scanned. Alongside this, another nice little trouble bloomed - I brought only two copies of the DB account opening docs instead of three. I rushed out, got 8 copies of instant photos with white background from the studio nearby (at the gift shop a few blocks beside Vijaya Bank), and got the remaining DB docs printed from an internet cafe at Gopalnagar. Everything in order now, I returned to the consulate and completed the remaining formalities. The VO then put a D stamp on my passport and told me to come back the following Thursday for interview. The interview went well, thankfully.

Just a quick query, did you submit the travel insurance documents on the day of document submission / interview? It was on the checklist but I couldn't get one at the last moment. Also, nobody asked me for it at any time. Travel insurance is required at the time of stamping, but then again, the Kolkata consulate has regulations quite different Razz
09-11-2015 01:10 PM
Neanderthal Offline
New Edulixian

Neanderthal Offline
New Edulixian

I wasn't asked for my sponsor's IT returns, perhaps because I showed FD as proof of second year's funding. Now the only concern is getting the visa in time Sad
09-11-2015 01:15 PM
satty008 Offline
Edulix Active Member

satty008 Offline
Edulix Active Member

(09-11-2015 01:10 PM)Neanderthal Wrote:  @[satty008] My experience have been almost similar. I got my DD from SBI, and faced the same FEDER AL issue. However, the officer who accepted my docs suggested me to get the DD corrected at the bank branch. She told me it'll be fine if the manager strikes out the word, writes FEDERAL above it and covers it with a transparent tape. I got that done within an hour, and then she accepted my DD.

Waiting for me next was the photography ordeal. It's mentioned on the consulate's website (in the photograph-related pdf in German) that the background should be gray. Accordingly, I got a photo with a gray background. The officer disagreed, and returned the photo, saying that it can't be scanned. Alongside this, another nice little trouble bloomed - I brought only two copies of the DB account opening docs instead of three. I rushed out, got 8 copies of instant photos with white background from the studio nearby (at the gift shop a few blocks beside Vijaya Bank), and got the remaining DB docs printed from an internet cafe at Gopalnagar. Everything in order now, I returned to the consulate and completed the remaining formalities. The VO then put a D stamp on my passport and told me to come back the following Thursday for interview. The interview went well, thankfully.

Just a quick query, did you submit the travel insurance documents on the day of document submission / interview? It was on the checklist but I couldn't get one at the last moment. Also, nobody asked me for it at any time. Travel insurance is required at the time of stamping, but then again, the Kolkata consulate has regulations quite different Razz

Neanderthal Yes, I did submit the travel insurance on the document submission, but you can also submit it on the day of stamping.

When was your visa interview held?

09-12-2015 11:50 PM
Neanderthal Offline
New Edulixian

Neanderthal Offline
New Edulixian

I appeared for the interview on September 3 at 09:00.

I've been thinking about emailing the consulate to seek an appointment for submitting the travel insurance doc. Will this be necessary? Is the processing going to get delayed because of the missing doc? Classes will begin from October 13 and I really can't afford a delay. Please suggest Confused

Anyway, I'm surprised as to why the VO didn't ask for the insurance even once.
09-13-2015 12:49 AM
satty008 Offline
Edulix Active Member

satty008 Offline
Edulix Active Member

(09-13-2015 12:49 AM)Neanderthal Wrote:  I appeared for the interview on September 3 at 09:00.

I've been thinking about emailing the consulate to seek an appointment for submitting the travel insurance doc. Will this be necessary? Is the processing going to get delayed because of the missing doc? Classes will begin from October 13 and I really can't afford a delay. Please suggest Confused

Anyway, I'm surprised as to why the VO didn't ask for the insurance even once.

I don't think it would be necessary. You can submit it at the time of stamping.

Best of luck !!

09-13-2015 12:51 AM
Neanderthal Offline
New Edulixian

Neanderthal Offline
New Edulixian

satty008 Have you gotten the approval?
09-25-2015 09:33 PM
satty008 Offline
Edulix Active Member

satty008 Offline
Edulix Active Member

Neanderthal Still waiting

09-30-2015 12:41 AM
satty008 Offline
Edulix Active Member

satty008 Offline
Edulix Active Member

**Visa Approved**
Kolkata Consulate
1st Interview Date (Document Submission) : 18th August 2015
2nd Interview Date (Interview) : 27th August
Approval Mail received on 1st October 2015 (8.56 AM)
Flying on 9th Evening from Kolkata (Emirates)

10-01-2015 07:20 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread