danx255 Offline
New Edulixian

danx255 Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
PhD Position Opening
Hi,
My name is Daniel Wong and I'm a new Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Cooperating Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of California, Riverside.

I am actively looking to recruit PhD students and I have multiple funded openings. I hope that this post can be beneficial for some of you on Edulix.

We are starting the Systems Optimization and Computer Architecture Lab (SoCal) with the goal of conducting high-impact cutting edge research in computer systems, ranging from data centers to mobile devices to microarchitecture. We promise a fun-filled lab dedicated towards your personal and professional growth.
Current research areas include, but not limited to:
* System-scale Research (Data centers, Runtime systems, OS)
* Storage Systems (Memory, NVM Storage)
* MicroArchitecture (GPGPU, Multi-core processor, Accelerators)
* Mobile/Wearable (Health applications, SoC, Embedded Systems)

Students should be dedicated and self-motivated.
Prior experience in computer architecture is not required. Background in areas such as Machine Learning, AI, Neural Networks, Security, etc., are all useful and can be applied towards computer architecture research.
Students should posses skills such as the following (not all required, but be capable of learning):
* Strong programming skills
* Linux kernel hacking
* VLSI
* FPGA (Verilog, VHDL, etc)
* Distributed Systems
* Embedded Systems

If interested, please contact me at dwong@ece.ucr.edu. Apply to either the Computer Science or Electrical Engineering program, depending on your comfort and fit.

About UCR:
The NRC (considered the gold standard of grad school rankings) ranks the CS program #5 (S-Rank) and #24 (R-Rank), and ranks the ECE program #10 (S-Rank) and #30 (R-Rank). The MS program in Computer Science is ranked #37 in the US by The Financial Engineer Times. US News rank the CS program #56 and the EE program #75.

About Riverside, CA:
Located in Riverside, California, UCR is within 1 hour driving distance from Los Angeles and Orange County, the ocean (with many beautiful beaches), the mountains (for hiking, skiing, snowboarding), and the desert (Palm Springs resort). Las Vegas is only 4 hours driving distance. Wink

Daniel Wong
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Cooperating Faculty, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of California, Riverside
dwong@ece.ucr.edu
http://www.danielwong.org
10-13-2015 03:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Rishabh Sehgal Offline
New Edulixian

Rishabh Sehgal Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
RE: PhD Position Opening
Respected Prof. Wong

I am actively looking for PhD positions in the area of Energy Efficient Hardware Architectures for Machine Learning applications. I will send an email to you with my background, research statement and link to my resume and ResearchGate.

Thanks a lot for posting this here.

Best Regards
Rishabh
08-19-2018 07:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread