EdulixExpress
EdulixExpress
Chat
Chat
Blog
Grad Studies
About Us
About Edulix
[**Delhi Meet - 2017**] [Fall 17 Profile Evaluation Forum] [Kindly read profile evaluation guide before creating threads]
[Use Edoogle Google Custom Search for Edulix] [Here is an overview of the application process]

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
German Student Visa - 2016 Queries and Experiences
godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 6
Unisearch: Link
RE: German Student Visa - 2016 Queries and Experiences
(06-17-2016 01:04 PM)ankur35 Wrote:  @[godhwani]

Nothing is ready yet , I have to open a blocked account in kotak mahindra bank which is convenient for me and hardly 5 days process here . No deutsche bank here in Amritsar rest is easy to manage .

Ps: I got the date 21st july 8.15 am that's too early for me .

34 days is also too early for you! I don't know what to say next. Bear in mind that the Visa process usually takes 4-6 weeks and in some cases 8 or even 12. You can always reschedule if you think that the date is still early.

Viel Glück!

06-17-2016 01:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
godhwani

No Date is pretty late . Sorry i did not mentioned that, I was talking about Time 8.15 Am Have to up around 6 am in the morning on crucial day . it's good to know that You will be attending interview before me. it would be very helpful to know about your experience .

Vielen Dank
06-17-2016 03:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

godhwani

Blocked account amount has been increased now by 8040 to 8640? is it correct ?
06-18-2016 08:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
rajat10 Offline
Edulix Active Member

rajat10 Offline
Edulix Active Member

(06-18-2016 08:38 PM)ankur35 Wrote:  @[godhwani]

Blocked account amount has been increased now by 8040 to 8640? is it correct ?

ankur35

Yes, the amount has been increased - http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/40...tudent.pdf

"Your knife, my back...my gun, your head"

http://edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=163470
06-18-2016 10:20 PM
ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

rajat10

Damm increasing every year now ....I guess they mentioned it will be upto 9000 from upcoming sept.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2016 11:51 PM by ankur35.)
06-18-2016 11:50 PM
rajat10 Offline
Edulix Active Member

rajat10 Offline
Edulix Active Member

(06-18-2016 11:50 PM)ankur35 Wrote:  @[rajat10]

Damm increasing every year now ....I guess they mentioned it will be upto 9000 from upcoming sept.

ankur35

I didn't know about this though...increment upto 9K Euros. Well, I guess not much of a choice...have to study. Think of our US friends on the other hand...gives me peace! Wink

06-19-2016 12:00 AM
godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

ankur35 Yep. Too much confusion regarding this issue. Should we submit a supplementary form or not? Is the new amount effective from this month or August? and what not.

However, I've got a pretty decent gist. You show 8700 Eur in your account, no questions asked. And you submit this Supplementary form, changing your monthly limit from 670 Eur to 720 Eur before or after your VI (they don't ask for this change in the VI).

I am yet to find out what is to be done for DB accounts that were opened in India. Anyway, I will post here after getting that information.

06-19-2016 12:38 AM
sambha Offline
Edulix Frequent User

sambha Offline
Edulix Frequent User

So can you find out if just showing >8700 euro is enough?

I have the remittance email for 9000 euro but the blocking notice is still at 8040 euros(670 monthly). Do I need to get this updated?

The DB guy in Mumbai who I contacted told me to confirm with the Consulate.

Also AFAIK, the savings DB account(Indian) can be closed , or if you opted for the most basic account, the minimum balance is 50k in savings or 1.5lacs in FD's.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2016 12:44 AM by sambha.)
06-19-2016 12:42 AM
godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

(06-19-2016 12:42 AM)sambha Wrote:  So can you find out if just showing >8700 euro is enough?

I have the remittance email for 9000 euro but the blocking notice is still at 8040 euros(670 monthly). Do I need to get this updated?

The DB guy in Mumbai who I contacted told me to confirm with the Consulate.

Also AFAIK, the savings DB account(Indian) can be closed , or if you opted for the most basic account, the minimum balance is 50k in savings or 1.5lacs in FD's.

I've read posts on facebook where a guy who went to the Mumbai consulate had a merry time. He was just asked to show 8700 Euro and the usual questions. Nothing more. But, I have to say that different Embassies may act differently.

Sooner or later, you will have to update the monthly limit from 670 Eur to 720 Eur.

About the Indian DB accounts, I meant if this limit can be increased via the Indian branch itself or not. Saving account in DB, on the other hand, is profitable. You can always transfer some money to the savings account from any Indian account (through IFSC code) and you can access the money via the Savings Account Debit Card in Germany. And this is, till we get the Blocked Card's kit in Germany or when you need a little more than the monthly limit.

06-19-2016 12:51 AM
sambha Offline
Edulix Frequent User

sambha Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(06-19-2016 12:51 AM)godhwani Wrote:  About the Indian DB accounts, I meant if this limit can be increased via the Indian branch itself or not.

I will confirm this on Monday.
06-19-2016 12:54 AM
rajat10 Offline
Edulix Active Member

rajat10 Offline
Edulix Active Member

godhwani sambha

Just sharing this since......been there, done that ....and that too recently

First of all as godhwani mentioned, it is always good to have a local (Indian) account corresponding to you blocked account since transferring the money and the whole dealing becomes a lot simpler. You can easily transfer money from your Indian account to your blocked account anytime..very conveniently.

Secondly, I do not know how you guys did it, but you as a student or customer have control over the blocked amount. You can deposit any amount in your blocked account in Germany and then there is a form where you specify how much of it is to be blocked specifically (as per the monthly limit). That form is available from DB only (for DB I know, not sure about others). Your monthly limit would then be modified accordingly.

ok, just in case, some of you are done with your VI and might be worried that the new amount would be required, just as a factor of safety have 9K or slightly more (9500 Euros), regardless of how much is blocked. I guess as per the New student Visa checklist posted above, 8640 euros would have to blocked minimum. Add upto 9500 Euros and try to get that blocking form from DB if possible till your Visa collection date comes. This way you can tell them that, " I have more than what is required,assuming 9K euros in my account, so that itself places you within the safe limits". Having slightly more money than is required is never a problem regardless of the fixed monthly spending or limit. Having less is.

This whole transfer thing is done very easily if you have a local DB account. They do it, though it might take few days to weeks.

And one thing more, when travelling to Deutschland for the first time, carry around 1500 Euros minimum in cash till you get the blocked card.Also, if you exceed your monthly limit for eg 670 euros per month, you cannot use your card anymore, however you can always go to the lady in the bank and ask her for the money. The card is useless until the next month then. On the other hand, It is always good to have a backup card which can be used in emergency - for e.g a travel currency card loaded with INR or the currency you desire etc. You never know when and how things can go wrong!

Hope this helped Smile

P.S I think I have that form with me. If I find it, I will let you know. No guarantee though.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2016 01:14 AM by rajat10.)
06-19-2016 01:11 AM
ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

rajat10 godhwani sambha

Since I don't have DB bank here , I contacted ludhiana Db bank , They haven't contacted since 3 days in row . So planning for kotak mahindra , They are saying it will open in 5 days hardly . have anyone experienced blocked account through kotak bank .

The draft which we have to submit at embassy of 60 euro , it will be in euro or INR ?
06-19-2016 09:40 PM
rajat10 Offline
Edulix Active Member

rajat10 Offline
Edulix Active Member

ankur35

I am not sure about Kotak Bank. Also, I don't think the Bank would contact you, in my opinion. I went with the documents and stuff to DB bank and then did the procedure and everything there. I mean you should try and approach the Bank and not wait for them to contact as you require it and its an important issue.

I am sure I have read on this site only about someone who did this through Kotak bank. You can search on this site.

About the DD thing - I got the DD made in INR - In INR it was more convenient for me. The amount is mentioned in INR as well as Euro on the site - http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/ind...tvisa.html - on the right side.

It can be done in Euro too, not a problem. I preferred INR.

06-19-2016 10:25 PM
sambha Offline
Edulix Frequent User

sambha Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Quote:I will confirm this on Monday.

Confirmed, I talked to Mumbai Consulate and they said we need to get the Blocking notice updated to the new amount.

Deutsche Bank said I need to fill up a supplementary form( https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pfb/data/do...udents.pdf ) with the new amount and submit it to the bank.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2016 07:46 PM by sambha.)
06-20-2016 05:09 PM
rajat10 Offline
Edulix Active Member

rajat10 Offline
Edulix Active Member

(06-20-2016 05:09 PM)sambha Wrote:  
Quote:I will confirm this on Monday.

Confirmed, I talked to Mumbai Consulate and they said we need to get the Blocking notice updated to the new amount.

Deutsche Bank said I need to fill up a supplementary form(https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pfb/data/do...dents.pdf) with the new amount and submit it to the bank.

sambha

Brother, the link you have given - es sagt - "seite nicht gefunden" Razz

Kein problem! I think its the same form I was referring to, where you specify the amount to be blocked. Yes, you just have to fill, sign and submit it. I also searched for this form, however I guess had submitted it to the bank - got multiple of them though...

Hope everything goes fine Smile

Cheers m8!

06-20-2016 06:12 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread