Chat
Blog
Grad Studies
About Us
About Edulix

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
German Visa || 4th July || Delhi Embassy || TU Braunschweig || Computational Sciences
godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 6
Unisearch: Link
German Visa || 4th July || Delhi Embassy || TU Braunschweig || Computational Sciences
Finally! Done with the VI which was the least difficult stage during the entire application process. Cool So all those who are freakishly scared of the VI, don't be. This is how I did it and so can everyone else. Here goes:

1) I booked my VI appointment on 12th June. Got a date of 16th July as my VI. This date was too late for me as I have to reach Braunschweig by the last week of August and the Embassy generally requires 4-6 weeks after your VI. So, after reading many VI experiences, I did the same thing as suggested by the seniors, which is to book the appointment for whatever date which is available and then try rescheduling it by checking 4-5 times a day. Generally, one or more slots will open up in an Embassy and you can prepone your VI. And after 2-3 days of trying, I got the date of 4th July which was ideal because my bank loan approval was still in process. So, first tip, schedule your appointment keeping in mind a lead time of atleast 25 days. If that is not possible, try rescheduling your VI date.

2) You require some documents for the VI. The checklist has been posted earlier. I am posting it again:

In sets of 2:
1. Application form filled and signed
2. Declaration form
3. Cover letter
4. Copy of admit letter
5. TOEFL and German Language certificate from Goethe Institute
6. Copy of certificates - Degree, Gate score (if you have any), All Semester marksheets, Provisional Certificates, TC, 10th and 12th Certificates.
7. Blocked acc. statement from DB for 8040 euros.
8. Copy of Passport
9. Acceptance of resignation, Experience letter from the company.

Points to Note: If you don't have a hard copy of your TOEFL score, the soft copy printout would do. So, don't worry. If you have taken a loan, take the loan approval letter with you. If you parents are sponsoring you, take an affidavit of support on a 100 Rs. stamp paper, along with their ITR for 3 years, their salary slips, their ID card of occupation, bank statement for last six months. Prepare 2 sets of everything (just in case).
This year there has been an issue of the change of DB blocked account from 8040 Eur to 8640 Eur. As I heard from many of my friends, VO were currently accepting the 8040 Eur confirmation to start the VI process but they also asked the students to submit the supplementary form to increase the limit as soon as possible. Some students who sent the Supplementary form directly were also charged 150 Euros. I sent it via DB Gurgaon, and surprisingly, I haven't been charged a dime extra.

3) My VI timing was at 1400 hours. I took the OLA Share cab option, which cut the cost to half (I am in no way sponsoring this thing) and dropped me surprisingly early. Long story short, I was there at the German Embassy at 1230 hours, a good 0130 hours before the scheduled time. I asked the gatekeeper guy if there was any chance of an earlier slot being given but he asked me to sit and wait for the given time only. So I waited there and I regretted not bringing some snacks along since I missed my breakfast that morning. Also, there was nothing around the Embassy for blocks so those who wish to go there, atleast keep a water bottle by your side.

4) Next, I put all the electronic gadgets that I had with me (mobile phone, ipod, pendrive) at gate number 2. They gave me a token back. As I entered the Embassy through gate number 1, I was checked thoroughly. *No Sir, nothing here* I proceeded further and got a slip to visit the Counter 2. There were 2 people before me for that counter. Each of their interviews lasted 10-15 minutes each. As I went in, the lady asked me to go to Counter 3 for no specific reason. *Ohhkaaay* And I went to the next counter. There was a sweet chubby lady in her 20s at that counter (You guessed that right Razz)

Me: Good Morning!
VO: Good Morning Sir! What Visa are you applying for?
Me: Student Visa.
VO: Please drop one set of documents in the box in front of you. Do you have originals as well?
Me: Yes Ma'am. *Gave her the documents*

I had everything except the Blocked account statement from DB. Because of the late loan approval, I transferred the money (9000 Euros) on 1st July, which was a Friday. I had my VI on Monday (4th July) and I knew that DB won't send me a confirmation on Friday itself. So, I took with me the SWIFT Transaction receipt that I had transferred funds to my account. Also, I had submitted the supplementary form to increase the limit to 720 Euros per month and 8640 Eur per year to DB Gurgaon (from where I opened my DB account) on 24th June.

VO: Aapke paas DB ka confirmation mail nahi hai?
Me: No ma'am. My loan was approved late. I do have the Swift transaction receipt though.
VO: Ye nahi chalega.
Me: Eh? Ma'am I have the loan sanction paper with me. I have the Swift transaction receipt with me. You can check the account number. Those are the same as mentioned. I have also sent the supplementary form to increase the limit from 8040 Eur to 8640 Eur.
VO: Hmm. I'll have to keep your file under process till the DB guys mail you. You can mail us that confirmation and only then will we forward your application. Okay?
Me: Rolling Eyes Anxious Ohkayy!
VO: Now is the time for your interview (Opens up the box again)
Me: *I thought she asked for some document* Excuse me?
VO: Your interview.
Me: Oh! Brick wall Yes ma'am, sure.
VO: *These questions were pretty basic. She just needed to affirm the details as given in the application form* Which Uni, Which course, How much tuition fees, When are you planning to go, Where did you work in the meantime, How much did you score in your Bachelor's, usw.
Me: Told
VO: You'll be required to give DSH Exam as well.
Me: Yes Ma'am. There will be language classes held side by side and I will be required to pass the DSH exam before my Master's thesis.
VO: So you know German as well right now?
Me: Ja. Ein bisschen.
VO: Wie heißen Sie?
Me: *I got a little startled because of the sudden change in the language* Uhmm..Es...Umm..Ich heiße Hitesh
VO: Woher kommen Sie?
Me: Told *in confidence now*
VO: Wo wohnen Sie?
Me: Told.
VO: Wie ist das Wetter?
Me: Heute ist es sehr heiß.

VO: Okay. *Further questions* What does your parents do? Do you have any siblings? usw.
Me: Told.
VO: Okay Sir. Please give your DD now. I have sorted the documents in a particular order. Please rearrange another set as this one and fill this questionnaire. Go outside and come in when you are done
Me: *Passed the DD* Okay Ma'am.
VO: *Gave me the receipt for 4600 Rs.*

The Questionnaire had the following questions

1. Why did you choose this course? Why is Germany good for this course?
2. Did you take any CET? What was the result?
3. Where did you do your higher secondary school education? What was the medium of instruction?
4. Where did you do your secondary school education? What was the medium of instruction?
5. Please specify some of the important scientists in your field!
6.How did you know about this course? If you came to know from any website, please specify
7. What did you do during the gap between your higher secondary education and college? (to be filled only if the gap is more than 6 months)

After filling this questionnaire and rearranging the documents, I went in. She took my finger prints, gave me the email id to send the DB confirmation and that was it. Cool

But she didn't put any stamp on my passport though.

No second year financials. Not even Travel Insurance. No grilling questions of any sort. I was out by 1520 hours. I collected my electronic items and booked a cab back home. While sitting on the front seat, I received an email from DB that they confirm the receipt of 9000 Eur in my account. I forwarded it to the Delhi Embassy and got a confirmation by them on the following day.

Waiting for further announcements.
Peace.
Wink

07-14-2016 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 475
RE: German Visa || 4th July || Delhi Embassy || TU Braunschweig || Computational Sciences
Awesome! Congratulations.

Best wishes for a great time in Germany.

Editor

[Evaluating Only PhD Profiles] || [Evaluation Guidelines] || [UniSuggest for initial list]
07-14-2016 07:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ishansaxena45 Offline
CourseLiX Admin

ishansaxena45 Offline
CourseLiX Admin

Likes Given: 15
RE: German Visa || 4th July || Delhi Embassy || TU Braunschweig || Computational Sciences
Congrats mate and all the best for your future !!!

Back and ready to roll !!

Tag me for Signal Processing related and Germany related queries.

My InfoBank | My Visa Interview | ECE Specialization Specific University List | The Comm & Signal Processing Thread
07-14-2016 08:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

Edulix_Editor Thank you Sir. Smile
ishansaxena45 Thank you and same to you. Smile

07-14-2016 08:40 PM
ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
godhwani
Buddy have you got the visa yet or still waiting ?
thanks !
07-29-2016 08:46 PM
godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

ankur35 Still waiting!

07-30-2016 03:03 PM
ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

godhwani
I think you will get on monday . Let me know when you will get a email from them. I have given the interview on 21st . so i can estimate my time .

Thanks again!
07-30-2016 03:30 PM
jaigul Offline
Edulix Frequent User

jaigul Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 1
Hi,

The student visa fees changed from 4600 to 4500 as of 18th July. I have a DD of 4600 and my VI is tomorrow morning 8 AM. Is this going to be a very big problem?

**Worride** Confused

Regards
Gajendra
07-31-2016 11:34 AM
godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

jaigul Just take the cash with you. Exact amount. They'll probably accept that. Take the 4600 DD as well.

07-31-2016 10:52 PM
ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

godhwani
Any updates bro ?
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 02:18 PM by ankur35.)
08-02-2016 02:17 PM
godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

ankur35 Yes. I received the confirmation mail yesterday. 27 days in total. Wink

08-02-2016 02:38 PM
ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ankur35 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

godhwani

Congrats bro ... From your estimation ,i can estimate my time ....I gave it on 21st Wink just 12 days . I guess 15 days more are enough .

Ps: i have booked the flights from 4th sept . is it wise move ?
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 02:46 PM by ankur35.)
08-02-2016 02:45 PM
jaigul Offline
Edulix Frequent User

jaigul Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(07-31-2016 10:52 PM)godhwani Wrote:  @[jaigul] Just take the cash with you. Exact amount. They'll probably accept that. Take the 4600 DD as well.

godhwani thanks for the suggestion. VO was ready to accept the 4600 INR DD but did not have 100 Rs change, so she asked me to pay in cash.
08-03-2016 10:17 AM
godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

godhwani Offline
Edulix Active Member

ankur35 Delhi Embassy has been surprisingly punctual this year. I guess it's a safe bet. But things can always screw up. Murphy's Law. Wink

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 02:05 PM by godhwani.)
08-05-2016 11:15 PM
jaigul Offline
Edulix Frequent User

jaigul Offline
Edulix Frequent User

godhwani did you finally get your stamping done?

How long did the Delhi German Embassy take to stamp the passport?
08-14-2016 12:47 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread