20th July 2016 || Mumbai Consulate || TU Darmstadt || iCE
sudhanshuvinayak Offline
Edulix Frequent User

sudhanshuvinayak Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
20th July 2016 || Mumbai Consulate || TU Darmstadt || iCE
I booked Visa appointment on 13th June by calling VFS Helpline and got 26th July Visa Appointment (too much rush at Mumbai Razz). But I kept checking this website for earlier available date (just check we have to reschedule via VFS Helpline Only). So called on 4th July to get reschedule and got 12th July. I know the title is 20th July please read it completely Very Happy.

In Mumbai we only get 9:00 AM appointment and its first come first serve basis on that particular day (for all types of visas Student and Work atleast).

12th July, 2016

I reached Consulate around 8:15 AM. For newbies like me in Mumbai here’s how I reached Consulate I took a local from Dadar to Chruchgate. After getting out on West side (there is a Burger King). I got a share taxi for Rs.10 told him I have to go NCPA (Consulate is Opp. to this building).There are barricades outside the Consulate Building.

The guard asked us to from a line around 8:30 AM. Then he checked our appointment letter and DD (see the price of DD on website). Once we enter the consulate, via the 'IN' door, the security guard scans your bag and yourself with the security wand and he asks you to switch off your mobile phone and keep it inside your bag. Your bag will be scanned and you would be asked to take out required documents and keep the bag in locker.

You are asked to fill two DD Forms and write your details behind DD (I filled it at home) After that you are asked to take 2 DD Forms, 1 Photo and passport to issue a token number. Then they are provided with a checklist to arrange your documents. Arrange them accordingly. I did all this things like arranging, writing etc. at home. They will ask you to stick Photos on Two Visa Forms so bring glue. Arrange documents strictly according to checklist (I heard VOs get angry when they are not in Order).

1) Application for
2) Declaration form
3) Cover Letter
4) Admit Letter
5) Proof of Financial means (Only Block Account for w/o Tution Fee Students is Sufficient don’t know for Students with Tution Fee)
6) Degree certificate (Arrange like Degree, 8th -1st Sem Marksheet, 12th then 10th)
7) Language proficiency certificates
8) Copy of passport

Keep originals also in same order.
Mine was Token 3.

At the Visa Counter:
I was the first one at her counter.

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning. Please Drop both the sets, DD, DD forms and Passport here.(In the tray)
Me: *Dropped*
VO: Why are you going to Germany?
Me: For pursuing Masters in Science.
VO: Which university and Course?
Me: TU Darmstadt and Information and Communication Engineering.
VO: Ok what is your Highest Qualification?
Me: Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
VO: So very much related to your Bachelors ?
Me: Yes Very Happy.
VO: Any backlogs ?
Me: Yes, Calculus in 1st Sem but cleared in the next.
VO: Why ?
Me: Not prepared well (some random justification Razz)
VO: So why Masters in Germany not India ?
Me: Germany is a front runner in technology and…. (I was cut short Surprised)
VO: Say something different, everyone who comes in here has the same old answer.
Me: Ok.. (I told her about the course and how I can specialize in various fields due to a wide range of electives, then TU9 ,2-3 research projects of my intrest, etc. She seemed happy after this reply Wink ).
VO: What is the duration of the course?
Me: 2 years
VO: What is the language of instruction for your course?
Me: This program is 100% in English
VO: completely in English?
Me: Yes.
VO: When did you complete your engineering?
Me: I graduated recently, in 2015
VO: So what have you been doing since then?
Me: I was working as an R&D Engineer at Vedant Enterprises from 1st June 2015 to 15th June 2016.
VO: Do you have any proof regarding that?
Me: Yes, I have my reliving letter.
VO: Ok drop it and two copies of it.
Me: *Done*
VO: Any tuition fee ?
Me: No tuition fees ma'm, just the semester contribution of 263 Eur.
VO: Drop your originals and *passes me the questionnaire form* Please fill up this form.

The questionnaire had the following questions:
1.Why Germany? Where did you come to know the course?
2.Why did you choose this university?
3.Course (Mention few modules from your course)
4.Other universities you have applied to. How does the course differ from the current course?
5.Researchers in your field? Please do not mention professors from your course
6.Marks/grades in 10th, 12th and bachelors and medium of instruction for each
7.Gaps in education if any (more than 6 months) after 10th, 12th or Bachelors, justify the gaps.

Now comes the bombshell.
In between our visa period the block amount changed from 8040 Eur to 8640 Eur. Now I transferred 8700 Eur but block amount was still 8040 Eur. I had sent Supplementary form to update block amount but DB reply had not come (they are very slow). I had DHL Waybill and Copy of sent Supplementary Form as proof that it is in process (this was okay 2 days back, my friends who came earlier did the same thing)

VO: Your Block Amount is 8040 Eur. It should be 8640 Eur.
Me: Mam I have transferred 8700 Eur and also Sent Supplementary Form and it has reached on 7th July. *Showing her documents through window*
VO: But we do not allow this, we need 8640 blocked …
Me: *Shocked* But mam, students who came some days back said it was ok.
VO: Yes until 2 days back it was Ok, but now rules are changed as its been a month since block amount changed.
Me: Ok, now what should I do ?
VO: You will have to come back when updated statement comes, but I will take your bio metrics and check your documents *writing something on form* you will have to show this form outside and enter without appointment, don’t mess with two sets.
Me: Ok, I will come back.
VO: I am returning all the documents and DD, keep your hands for Bio Metric…
Me: *took documents* *gave biometrics* *gave back filled questionnaire*
VO: Ok you can go
Me: Thank you and have a good day.

I was out at 9:20 AM. She had mentioned on form Originals Seen, Block Amount Should State 8640 Eur and some ID No.
After that waited for new statement, in the meantime DD amount changed to 4500/- from 4600/-. So, had to go to the bank to fix it.

On 19th July the DB mail finally came (it took 10 days after it reached Hamburg). So I went on 20th.

20th July, 2016

Reached Consulate at 8:30 AM, queue was there but repeat students were allowed to enter jumping the queue. Did the same process after entering as earlier. There were 3 students were ahead of me with the same case of block amount.
Got token 4 this time.

*Entering, got the same VO*

Me: Good Morning.
VO: VO: Good Morning. Please Drop both the sets, DD, DD forms and Passport here.(In the tray)
Me: *Dropped*
VO: *reading Form* So, you got your update ?
Me: Yes mam yesterday evening only
VO: *replacing new document with old* Ok, so biometrics and questionnaire were done last time ?
Me: Yes
VO:*got up to get something* Is this your questionnaire?
Me: Yes
VO: Ok, we have accepted your application... You will get an approval mail on your email ID and submit your passport, receipt and travel insurance to your nearest VFS.
Me: Thank you have a nice day.

I was out around 9:30 AM

Additional Notes:

1) There is lot of rush at Mumbai Consulate so book appointment early. And keep checking availability of dates on this website if you wish to reschedule.
2) Arrive at Consulate early around 8:00 AM as its first come fist serve.
3) Arrange documents and fill DD Forms and other DD details at home only, as it will fetch you early Token No. so you can finish it early as it takes a lot of time.
4) Be calm and soft spoken with VO as I heard some VOs are rude and literally shout at applicants.
5) Read names of two researcher in your field (I forgot to read that, it took me 5 mins to think a good name).

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift that's why its called Present.

LinkedIn Profile | Infobank | VI Experience

Destination : TU Darmstadt
Program : MS in Information and Communication Engineering
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 10:12 PM by sudhanshuvinayak.)
08-10-2016 12:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Delta4s2Cyclone Offline
New Edulixian

Delta4s2Cyclone Offline
New Edulixian

RE: 20th July 2016 || Mumbai Consulate || TU Darmstadt || iCE
Hello sudhanshuvinayak,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I wish you good luck. I am also in the same boat however I am still waiting for updated blocked amount confirmation (i.e. EUR 8640 and 720 pm) and thus second VI is still pending.

I would also like to share my experience and some efforts I am making regarding this crucial part- updated blocked amount process.

Brief summary of my application:

- Opened DB blocked account last year
- Sent Supplement form this year on 27th June to update blocked amount (as soon as I heard news)
- Got accepted at HWR Berlin and finalized it (7th July)
- Tranferred EUR 8700 on and got credit entry confirmation on 14th July from DB but blocked amount on letter was still EUR 8040
- Rescheduled Visa appointment 3 times and waited for blocked amount confirmation but no response
- Finally chose to gave VI at Mumbai on 27th July instead of waiting.
- VI went smooth but was asked why I took so much time to write letter of motivation (I took around 20-25 mins).
- Bio-metric taken, Questionnaire taken but asked to come back again (no appointment required) with updated blocked amount confirmation from DB.
- Sent Supplement form again on 28th July through DB Ahmedabad
- As on 10th August, still waiting for email from DB

I sent Supplemtary form twice through DB branch, contacted International student dept by Contact form 3 times (but no response yet), called customer support on 069 910-10000 who confirmed that they have received Supplemetary form and it's in process and asked me to wait further.

Some of the English speaking phone support agents won't listen to you as soon as you say it's regarding student blocked account. They will repeat standard script that "contact via contact form and current processing time is 2 weeks". I tried 5 times to know that they've received supplement form and it's in process.

@sudhanshuvinayak: Did you send Supplement form on 7th June or 7th July? Please also let us know when you get approval email from Embassy so that I can estimate processing time of this new 2 stage VI process.

Cheers!
08-10-2016 04:38 PM
sudhanshuvinayak Offline
Edulix Frequent User

sudhanshuvinayak Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(08-10-2016 04:38 PM)Delta4s2Cyclone Wrote:  Hello sudhanshuvinayak,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I wish you good luck. I am also in the same boat however I am still waiting for updated blocked amount confirmation (i.e. EUR 8640 and 720 pm) and thus second VI is still pending.

I would also like to share my experience and some efforts I am making regarding this crucial part- updated blocked amount process.

Brief summary of my application:

- Opened DB blocked account last year
- Sent Supplement form this year on 27th June to update blocked amount (as soon as I heard news)
- Got accepted at HWR Berlin and finalized it (7th July)
- Tranferred EUR 8700 on and got credit entry confirmation on 14th July from DB but blocked amount on letter was still EUR 8040
- Rescheduled Visa appointment 3 times and waited for blocked amount confirmation but no response
- Finally chose to gave VI at Mumbai on 27th July instead of waiting.
- VI went smooth but was asked why I took so much time to write letter of motivation (I took around 20-25 mins).
- Bio-metric taken, Questionnaire taken but asked to come back again (no appointment required) with updated blocked amount confirmation from DB.
- Sent Supplement form again on 28th July through DB Ahmedabad
- As on 10th August, still waiting for email from DB

I sent Supplemtary form twice through DB branch, contacted International student dept by Contact form 3 times (but no response yet), called customer support on 069 910-10000 who confirmed that they have received Supplemetary form and it's in process and asked me to wait further.

Some of the English speaking phone support agents won't listen to you as soon as you say it's regarding student blocked account. They will repeat standard script that "contact via contact form and current processing time is 2 weeks". I tried 5 times to know that they've received supplement form and it's in process.

@sudhanshuvinayak: Did you send Supplement form on 7th June or 7th July? Please also let us know when you get approval email from Embassy so that I can estimate processing time of this new 2 stage VI process.

Cheers!
Delta4s2Cyclone
Hey, sorry for the mix up, my Form reached on 7th July and update came on 19th July.
I still haven't got approval mail from Embassy (its 21 days as of today). I got the receipt with 20th July date, so Visa process would start from this date I think not the earlier one.
Anyways I will update as soon as I get Visa Update.
Best of Luck to you too. Very Happy

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift that's why its called Present.

08-10-2016 10:21 PM
Delta4s2Cyclone Offline
New Edulixian

Delta4s2Cyclone Offline
New Edulixian

Thanks for the update and best of luck to you too!
08-10-2016 10:34 PM
sudhanshuvinayak Offline
Edulix Frequent User

sudhanshuvinayak Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Delta4s2Cyclone
Got my Visa Approval on 17th August. So approximately 27 days after my 2nd Visit.

08-18-2016 03:49 PM
Delta4s2Cyclone Offline
New Edulixian

Delta4s2Cyclone Offline
New Edulixian

(08-18-2016 03:49 PM)sudhanshuvinayak Wrote:  @[Delta4s2Cyclone]
Got my Visa Approval on 17th August. So approximately 27 days after my 2nd Visit.

Congrats man.
08-18-2016 11:40 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread