nsinghgre11 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

nsinghgre11 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 3
Unisearch: Link
Confused between Eller, Smith and UB for MIS
Hi All,

I have MIS admits from Eller (UoA) , SMITH (UMCP) and SUNY Buffalo. I have more than 6 years of work ex in IT. I know Eller is a brand but is it worth investing so much in terms of ROI? Whereas tuition fee of SUNY Buffalo is almost half of that of Eller. Does Eller help in getting good placements? How much is the average pay that one gets after graduating from Eller? I'm confused. Please advice!! I need to make a decision very soon because Eller admits are on first come first serve basis.
03-16-2017 11:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
UBMIS2014 Offline
Edulix Super Senior

UBMIS2014 Offline
Edulix Super Senior

Likes Given: 0
RE: Confused between Eller, Smith and UB for MIS
Average pay will be equal for the same job at the same location. With online applications, you could end up in a completely different location compared to the school.

So, looking at it purely from historic trends of salaries/"placements" etc is wrong and futile- try to see which curriculum out of the three will make you the most employable in terms of gaining the skills required for the roles you're interested in.
04-10-2017 07:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 474
RE: Confused between Eller, Smith and UB for MIS
The choice -in my opinion - is between Eller and Smith. There is so much competition for MIS and MB folks as we are beyond the peak days. Brand usually comes very handy in such competitive markets. Do the numbers for both and pick one. You will have fairly similar outcomes from both.

Once in the program, I advise that you go 'data centric'. Huge momentum right now with some projection pointing to as many as 300-400K jobs in the next 5 years. Of course, that has to be taken with a grain of salt; nonetheless it is an indication of the opportunities.

EE

[Evaluating Only PhD Profiles] || [Evaluation Guidelines] || [UniSuggest for initial list]
04-10-2017 08:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread