EdulixExpress
EdulixExpress
Chat
Chat
Blog
Grad Studies
About Us
About Edulix
Please post all Profile Evaluations for Fall 17 in Profile Evaluation Forum. Please read profile evaluation guide before creating evaluation threads.
Use Edoogle [Google Custom Search for Edulix] for comprehensive search. Here is an in-depth overview of the application process.

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Concern regarding prerequisites given to complete for MS in CS at CSU Fullerton.
ASHIS JANA Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ASHIS JANA Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
Concern regarding prerequisites given to complete for MS in CS at CSU Fullerton.
Hi,

I got an admit from CSU Fullerton for Ms in CS (computer Science) fall 2017 and i20 amount is also pretty much decent, but i met with a serious problem which i would like to share with you all and i also need certain guidance/suggestions from seniors present in Edulix.

CSU Fullerton gave me six prerequisites to complete as i applied for masters in computer science and my btech was in ECE (electronics and comm. engg).

1. CPSC 240 Computer Organization & Assembly Languages
2. CPSC 323 Programming Languages & Translation
3. CPSC 335 Algorithm Engineering
4. CPSC 351 Operating System Concepts
5. CPSC 362 Foundations of Software Engineering
6. MATH 270A Mathematical Structures I (Discrete Math)

This sounds like completing a double masters degree according to me. So i am trying to know if i can change my department or not from CS to CE (computer Engineering) as there i wont be getting so many prerequisites like this hardly one or two. I already had a discussion with graduate program coordinator for CS and requested him if he can waive off few prerequisites but he denied to do that.

Kindly suggest me wat to do.

Thanks and regards
Ashis Jana
+91 9051928203
fiem.ece.jana@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards
Ashis Jana
+91-9051928203
fiem.ece.jana@gmail.com
04-03-2017 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 453
RE: Concern regarding prerequisites given to complete for MS in CS at CSU Fullerton.
While 3-4 deficiency courses are common, your GRE scores may also be an issue for this. In the long term, it may not be bad. You get good courses at cheap rate. Also, it is not uncommon to do a horizontal transfer to say ECE once you are here. You may save some courses that way; but it depends on whether you want to stay in ECE or change to CS.

Cheers

EE

04-03-2017 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ASHIS JANA Offline
Edulix Frequent User

ASHIS JANA Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 0
RE: Concern regarding prerequisites given to complete for MS in CS at CSU Fullerton.
GRE score is not an issue because GRE scores are not required for CSU fullerton MS CS program. They specified that in their websites too. The only problem is if i have to complete those 6 prerequisites then i have to pay more amount of money (as total number of credits will increase) n also it will be time consuming and very hectic, hence I am willing to change the department from CS to CE, will they allow me??
also another curious question, how's job opportunities and scope with respect to salary n other perks benefits for MS in CE??

That i want to knw, if u can help me out with it.

Thanks and regards
Ashis Jana
+91 9051928203
fiem.ece.jana@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards
Ashis Jana
+91-9051928203
fiem.ece.jana@gmail.com
04-04-2017 01:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread