I couldn't find a forum for Fall 2018. Hence, posting here. I need to shortlist top 10 univ. and start writing SOPs. Hence, need some guidance from seniors on my profile.
BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus : Msc.(Hons.)Economics
CGPA: 8.07/10 (Not converting to 4 point scale)
GRE - 318
Verbal - 155
Quant - 163
AWA - 5
TOEFL - 116 (R-29,L-29,S-28,W-30)
Full time -
Will complete 3 years in June'18 (Currently 2 yrs work ex) as an OpRisk Modeller at Credit Suisse.
(Data Analysis, Data Visualisation, Tools/Tech- R, S+)
College Internship -
6 months internship at MSCI, as a research intern
LORs : 3 Academic Recommendations to be received, 1 or 2 professional reco.
Have good extracurricular experience (Dance, etc). I have held various leadership positions in college and school.
My Requirement: More business/ analytics specific courses, with lesser concentration on Machine Learning or IT side. Hence, universities like CMU which are more inclined towards the coding track have been removed from my list.
Below is the list I have in mind. Please help as I need to trim down on the number.
Location and MSBA rankings matter the most. Hence, I'm targeting East Coast preferably.
1. MIT Sloan (MSBA) - Long shot, I know, but will still apply. (Also, no proper information on forums or news articles on the MSBA intake. Hence, if anyone can comment on this)
2. NCSU (MSA)
3. Northwestern McCormick (MSA)
4. Columbia University (MSAA)
5.Purdue University, Indiana (MSBAIM)
6. Rutgers University, New Brunswick (MSBA)
7. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, NY (MSBA)
8. UT Austin - McCombs(MSBA)
9. University of Connecticut (MSBAPM)
10. University of Rochester (MSBA)
11.University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (MSBA)
12. USC Marshall, South California (MSBA) - Unsure about this.
13. UNCC Charlotte, North Carolina (MSBA)
There are no MSBA programs in Penn State, UPenn, Princeton, etc. I have exhausted my list and need more guidance.
Please suggest any other universities suitable as well.
Thanks in advance
I'm open to new suggestions (the ones I might have missed out)