So I have got acceptance from two universities for Masters in Computer Science;
- Boston University
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
I can't zero down one of the unis as the pro/cons list just seem to balance out eachother.
Illinois Institute of Technology
1.The University holds a ranking of 101 as per US News Ranking
2. The department offers many research areas.
3. The tuition fee and living expenses are less than that of BU.
1.The University holds a ranking of 48 as per US News Ranking
2. The Research areas offered are
Computer Networks/ Data Analytics/ Security
3. Because BU is located in Boston, I will get more exposure and opportunities as many other world-renowned unis are located in the area.
In the CS Field, Both the cities provide a good number of Job with it. But raking wise BU is better than IIT.
I don't plan on doing PhD after completion of my Masters.
Any help/inputs are appreciated!