pranav93 Offline
New Edulixian

pranav93 Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 1
Unisearch: Link
i screwed up big time
Hello,
My name is Pranav I am a graduate student in uta in my 4th semester doing mechanical engineering. I got an F in the very first semester which put me in petition from the first semester, but tried to regain good academic standing every semester and got A and missed a lot of A just by 1/2 marks and got B this time was my last petition and couldn't satisfy the conditions and my advisor said that my only option is to transfer to another university. I was wondering if you have any guidance for me in this subject.

05-19-2017 03:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
MSmaverick Offline
Administrator

MSmaverick Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 3
RE: i screwed up big time
Hi pranav93

You need to tag seniors to get answered.

Silent_Killer
The_Observer
Edulix_Editor

Short bytes - Important guidelines in one line or less | Unisuggest | Profile evaluators

Reputation If my advice helped you, rep me.

UT Austin | UHMC | UTD | USF | CSU

Everyone has an opinion, but no one has a guarantee.
05-19-2017 06:48 AM
Silent_Killer Away
The Special One

Silent_Killer Away
The Special One

Likes Given: 4
I am sorry but i cannot offer a perspective here. Wait for EE sir or T_O to answer

SK
My Visa Interview ( Especially for People needing Motivation)
I will respond to profile evaluations as per my convenience

+1 Here, If I was helpful to you
05-19-2017 07:23 AM
The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

Likes Given: 118
I'm afraid I can't help you with advice on how to continue in your current program. I can help with general transfer related queries.

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix.

2) Please take some time out to read this and this thread in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

"Don't be daft." - Ancalagon The Black

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
05-19-2017 08:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
pranav93 Offline
New Edulixian

pranav93 Offline
New Edulixian

(05-19-2017 08:26 AM)The_Observer Wrote:  I'm afraid I can't help you with advice on how to continue in your current program. I can help with general transfer related queries.

i am looking to transfer to other universities but my question is can i transfer given that my cgpa is below 3 if so is there a list of universities which i can transfer to ?

05-19-2017 10:14 AM
Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 460
I have no information on your exact circumstances, but I think if a single subject could bring your grade up, I suggest that you talk to a professor and explain your situation. We normally think it is unfair to other students to give extra work to a student in trouble and help their grade; but in cases like this where a collective effort over a year is at stake, exceptions could be made. It does sometime work.

Good luck

EE

05-20-2017 07:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
pranav93 Offline
New Edulixian

pranav93 Offline
New Edulixian

(05-20-2017 07:22 PM)Edulix_Editor Wrote:  I have no information on your exact circumstances, but I think if a single subject could bring your grade up, I suggest that you talk to a professor and explain your situation. We normally think it is unfair to other students to give extra work to a student in trouble and help their grade; but in cases like this where a collective effort over a year is at stake, exceptions could be made. It does sometime work.

Good luck

EE
I have tried talking to the professor multiple times and every single time he has not given a positive response anytime and he is not replying this time. I have mostly given up hope on continuing at the same university. I know that more than a year of progress is going to waste but since i have no other option, I am actively looking to transfer. I have shortlisted some universities to apply and mail the grad advisors about:
1. UT tyler (Easy)
2. UT El paso (Easy)
3. UT dallas (Very Hard, but if some on has an idea about it ?)
4. Wayne State Univ
5.Unv of North Texas
6.Unv of Tulsa (?)
7.Lamar univ
8. Lawrence (Easy)
9.Wright State
10. Univ of New Orleans

but my question is is there anyone who has been in such a situation with my GPA got admit anywhere here and if so how did you do it.
Or any general advice is much much appreciated.

05-20-2017 11:16 PM
Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 460
These kinds of things happen once in a while, unfortunately. Typically, people apply to lower ranked programs and even change their majors. Once you have admission in the new university, you will have to have a new I-20 from the new one and have the old one cancelled. This change has to be known to the 'System' through SEVIS and you can look up on how it is done.

EE

06-01-2017 11:47 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread