shrishankary Offline
New Edulixian

shrishankary Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
Canada Vs US
Hi everyone!
I've got my admit to pursue masters in aerospace engineering from Ryerson university Canada and university of Florida. I've tried to weigh the pros and cons of both universities and countries but it's too difficult to choose one. Any advice?
05-26-2017 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
trane293 Offline

trane293 Offline

Likes Given: 2
RE: Canada Vs US
The question you are asking is highly subjective and different people have different views and priorities in life.

You need to set up your priorities in the right order in order to make an informed decision. Use criteria like -
  • Prestige of School
  • Quality of Education
  • Quality of Program
  • Quality of Research and Outreach
  • Quality and Quantity of Jobs in the area/country
  • Future prospects (immigration/job/coming back to your country)
  • Political Climate
  • Standard and Cost of Living
  • Standard Salaries for professionals in your field
  • Family Preferences

Now write this list in the proper order of precedence, according to what matters most to you. For example, if Quality of Research and Outreach matters most to you, then the school with the higher quality wins and holds more significance in your decision than other factors. Similarly, rank your other criteria.

We can help you if you prioritize your criteria and let us know what you think of these things. But again, we can only comment. The final decision should be yours and should be very informed.

Tag for Canadian Computer Science (CS) Evaluations
Ask me anything related to Canada!
InfoBank
Profile Evaluation Thread Guidelines 2017
List of Profile Evaluators 2017
05-26-2017 02:12 PM
codematrix Offline
New Edulixian

codematrix Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 1
RE: Canada Vs US
(05-26-2017 02:12 PM)trane293 Wrote:  The question you are asking is highly subjective and different people have different views and priorities in life.

You need to set up your priorities in the right order in order to make an informed decision. Use criteria like -
  • Prestige of School
  • Quality of Education
  • Quality of Program
  • Quality of Research and Outreach
  • Quality and Quantity of Jobs in the area/country
  • Future prospects (immigration/job/coming back to your country)
  • Political Climate
  • Standard and Cost of Living
  • Standard Salaries for professionals in your field
  • Family Preferences

Now write this list in the proper order of precedence, according to what matters most to you. For example, if Quality of Research and Outreach matters most to you, then the school with the higher quality wins and holds more significance in your decision than other factors. Similarly, rank your other criteria.

We can help you if you prioritize your criteria and let us know what you think of these things. But again, we can only comment. The final decision should be yours and should be very informed.

Hi, I guess the original person who posted this is no longer there. I would love to explore this topic as I am applying this year to both the countries.

I have updated my profile, so you can have a look. Would love to hear any advise regarding my pursuit to chosing the right place to do my masters. I should point out my interests is to pursue a masters in computer science with specilizations in Data Science, Analytics and Machine Learning.

My priorities are as follows:
Future prospects (immigration/job/coming back to your country)
Quality and Quantity of Jobs in the area/country
Standard and Cost of Living (including tuition cost, as I will be self funding my education upto 10k USD and further take loans so I need to be able to repay it before I am forced to come back)
Standard Salaries for professionals in your field (keeping in mind above point. I hear in Canada tuitions are lower and so in the Salaries, so the question would be how do these compare in the long run. I need to able to save enough in the long run)
Quality of Education
Quality of Program
Political Climate
Prestige of School
Quality of Research and Outreach
Family Preferences

Additionally, I am also looking at eventually starting my own tech business. I understand it is way easier to do that in Canada, but is there even a possibility in the US?

Thanks in advance for your response. Looking forward to hearing from a senior.

Regards!
09-10-2017 12:31 AM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread