Chat
Blog
Grad Studies
About Us
About Edulix

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Canadian Study Permit Online Application Process (Fall 2017 and Onwards)
Vignesh Murugesan Offline
Edulix Active Member

Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 1
Unisearch: Link
RE: Canadian Study Permit Online Application Process (Fall 2017 and Onwards)
(07-13-2017 11:28 PM)epoxy Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 06:47 PM)epoxy Wrote:  For anyone who has applied for Study Permit on paper, you can still view the status of your application online. Just follow these steps.

1. Go to this below listed link:
    Create an account or sign in
  2. Click on Continue to GCKey.
  3. If you've already created an account, login with your Username and Password otherwise click on Sign Up to go on next page. Create your username, password and security questions.
  4. After creating the account, you’ll be taken to the homepage where you’ll see the button titled Link application to this account.
  5. Then select Category as Temporary residence and Subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
  6. In the Application details section opt for Family name, given name and date of birth option. If you choose any other option such as the combination of UCI and Application Number provide the details in the following fields. Make sure the information is exactly as you submitted in the paper application.
  7. Next in the Applicant personal information section fill in the passport information only and do not fill city and country of birth.
  8. In Information about the applicant's study in Canada section provide the details exactly as in the paper application.
  9. Once you fill in all the information, click on Search for my application.
  10. The portal will search for your application. If the details you have provided match the paper application, it will be found and can be linked in the next step.

You can now get real time updates on your paper application online.

(07-13-2017 04:55 PM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  Hii did you link your paper application to your online account if you did could you tell me how I have tried and it says no application found

Already explained in a previous post. Check the quote.
Yeah I saw this post and you mentioned sub category as work permit extension.....I tried as you said but it the result came up the same I just checking my tracking ID given by the vfs...and it's driving me crazy....
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 08:28 AM by Vignesh Murugesan.)
07-14-2017 08:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Rabes0 Offline
New Edulixian

Rabes0 Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
(07-14-2017 08:27 AM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 06:47 PM)epoxy Wrote:  For anyone who has applied for Study Permit on paper, you can still view the status of your application online. Just follow these steps.

3. If you've already created an account, login with your Username and Password otherwise click on Sign Up to go on next page. Create your username, password and security questions.
  4. After creating the account, you’ll be taken to the homepage where you’ll see the button titled Link application to this account.
  5. Then select Category as Temporary residence and Subcategory as Study Permit.
  6. In the Application details section opt for Family name, given name and date of birth option. If you choose any other option such as the combination of UCI and Application Number provide the details in the following fields. Make sure the information is exactly as you submitted in the paper application.
  7. Next in the Applicant personal information section fill in the passport information only and do not fill city and country of birth.
  8. In Information about the applicant's study in Canada section provide the details exactly as in the paper application.
  10. The portal will search for your application. If the details you have provided match the paper application, it will be found and can be linked in the next step.

(07-13-2017 04:55 PM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  Hii did you link your paper application to your online account if you did could you tell me how I have tried and it says no application found

Yeah I saw this post and you mentioned sub category as work permit extension.....I tried as you said but it the result came up the same I just checking my tracking ID given by the vfs...and it's driving me crazy....

It must be study permit. I made the correction. Try now.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2017 09:50 PM by Rabes0.)
07-16-2017 09:42 PM
epoxy Offline
Edulix Active Member

epoxy Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 3
(07-16-2017 09:42 PM)Rabes0 Wrote:  
(07-14-2017 08:27 AM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  

5. Then select Category as Temporary residence and Subcategory as Study Permit.

It must be study permit. I made the correction. Try now.
Sorry. Yeah, it’s Study Permit, obvious mistake. :/

University of Calgary
MSc Computer Science - Fall 2017
07-16-2017 09:51 PM
Edulix Active Member

Edulix Active Member

Has anyone got their study permit????
And what about flight ticket have you guys booked it yet?????
07-18-2017 12:46 PM
Mayura11 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Mayura11 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 8
(07-18-2017 12:46 PM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  Has anyone got their study permit????

Hello,
I applied for my study permit on 20th June, by Paper, submitted along with Passport at Vfs, Chennai, India. Nope have not received any notification. Just the status of appliz saying under process.
As far as opinions, it's always better to book flight ticket confidently after receiving your VISA. If you know any agents, you can block a slot and later pay for the ticket few days before departure. Not sure how well it works.

Btw, I did not link my paper application nor did I create an online account.
Just checking my application status through vfs website. Is that enough? Is it mandatory to create an online account?
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2017 08:21 PM by Mayura11.)
07-18-2017 08:10 PM
Edulix Active Member

Edulix Active Member

(07-18-2017 08:10 PM)Mayura11 Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 12:46 PM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  Has anyone got their study permit????

Hello,
I applied for my study permit on 20th June, by Paper, submitted along with Passport at Vfs, Chennai, India. Nope have not received any notification. Just the status of appliz saying under process.
As far as opinions, it's always better to book flight ticket confidently after receiving your VISA. If you know any agents, you can block a slot and later pay for the ticket few days before departure. Not sure how well it works.

Just checking my application status through vfs website. Is that enough? Is it mandatory to create an online account?
Nope it's not mandatory to create an online account...if you need to know the clear status of your application then you need to link the application in your online account....
I applied at Chennai too I tried to link my application but I couldn't just checking via the tracking number given by them lest just hope we get our visa asap...
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2017 08:50 PM by Vignesh Murugesan.)
07-18-2017 08:48 PM
Mayura11 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Mayura11 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(07-18-2017 08:48 PM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  

Hello,

Nope it's not mandatory to create an online account...if you need to know the clear status of your application then you need to link the application in your online account....
I applied at Chennai too I tried to link my application but I couldn't just checking via the tracking number given by them lest just hope we get our visa asap...

Yup! Let's hope for the best. I see you are going for Mechanical Engg... M.Eng or MS? Which university?
07-18-2017 09:53 PM
Edulix Active Member

Edulix Active Member

(07-18-2017 09:53 PM)Mayura11 Wrote:  

Hello,

Yup! Let's hope for the best. I see you are going for Mechanical Engg... M.Eng or MS? Which university?
M.ENG at university of Guelph
You ???

Hello,

You ???
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2017 09:54 PM by Vignesh Murugesan.)
07-18-2017 09:54 PM
Mayura11 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Mayura11 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(07-18-2017 09:54 PM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  

Hello,

You ???

Hello,

You ???

yup..same M.Eng in UWaterloo
07-18-2017 09:56 PM
epoxy Offline
Edulix Active Member

epoxy Offline
Edulix Active Member

I think the ticket should be booked as and when you get a good price since it’s so expensive and the price keeps fluctuating.

University of Calgary
07-19-2017 01:08 AM
epoxy Offline
Edulix Active Member

epoxy Offline
Edulix Active Member

Received my decision: Approved! Smile

University of Calgary
07-19-2017 01:37 PM
Edulix Active Member

Edulix Active Member

(07-19-2017 01:37 PM)epoxy Wrote:  Received my decision: Approved! Smile

Congrats.....on getting your visa......

(07-19-2017 01:43 PM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  

When did you apply and what was the processing time and procedures.....
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017 01:45 PM by Vignesh Murugesan.)
07-19-2017 01:43 PM
epoxy Offline
Edulix Active Member

epoxy Offline
Edulix Active Member

Submitted application on June 6th(paper mode) at Delhi. Medical exam on July 2nd(two weeks after receiving the request for the exam, was busy and out of delhi). Received the decision within the last 24 hours. So it really took almost 6 weeks, probably because of my late medical exam.

University of Calgary
07-19-2017 03:47 PM
Edulix Active Member

Edulix Active Member

(07-19-2017 03:47 PM)epoxy Wrote:  

Submitted application on June 6th(paper mode) at Delhi. Medical exam on July 2nd(two weeks after receiving the request for the exam, was busy and out of delhi). Received the decision within the last 24 hours. So it really took almost 6 weeks, probably because of my late medical exam.
Best of luck on your future endeavors....
07-19-2017 04:59 PM
Edulix Active Member

Edulix Active Member

Hi guys I have been updated that I have passed the medical exam and they are reviewing my eligibility.....so my doubts are how long will it take for them to make a final decision and is there any other step other than this.....pls reply
07-21-2017 06:22 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread