Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Canadian Study Permit Online Application Process (Fall 2017 and Onwards)
Vignesh Murugesan Offline
Edulix Active Member

Unisearch: Link

RE: Canadian Study Permit Online Application Process (Fall 2017 and Onwards)

(07-19-2017 12:40 AM)Mayura11 Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 05:16 PM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  Has anyone got their study permit????
And what about flight ticket have you guys booked it yet?????

Hello,
I applied for my study permit on 20th June, by Paper, submitted along with Passport at Vfs, Chennai, India. Nope have not received any notification. Just the status of appliz saying under process.
As far as opinions, it's always better to book flight ticket confidently after receiving your VISA. If you know any agents, you can block a slot and later pay for the ticket few days before departure. Not sure how well it works.

Btw, I did not link my paper application nor did I create an online account.
Just checking my application status through vfs website. Is that enough? Is it mandatory to create an online account?
Nope it's not mandatory to create an online account...if you need to know the clear status of your application then you need to link the application in your online account....
I applied at Chennai too I tried to link my application but I couldn't just checking via the tracking number given by them lest just hope we get our visa asap...

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017 01:20 AM by Vignesh Murugesan.)
07-19-2017 01:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mayura11 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(07-19-2017 01:18 AM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 05:16 PM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  Has anyone got their study permit????

Hello,
I applied for my study permit on 20th June, by Paper, submitted along with Passport at Vfs, Chennai, India. Nope have not received any notification. Just the status of appliz saying under process.
As far as opinions, it's always better to book flight ticket confidently after receiving your VISA. If you know any agents, you can block a slot and later pay for the ticket few days before departure. Not sure how well it works.

Just checking my application status through vfs website. Is that enough? Is it mandatory to create an online account?
Nope it's not mandatory to create an online account...if you need to know the clear status of your application then you need to link the application in your online account....
I applied at Chennai too I tried to link my application but I couldn't just checking via the tracking number given by them lest just hope we get our visa asap...

Yup! Let's hope for the best. I see you are going for Mechanical Engg... M.Eng or MS? Which university?

07-19-2017 02:23 AM
Edulix Active Member

(07-19-2017 02:23 AM)Mayura11 Wrote:  

Hello,

Yup! Let's hope for the best. I see you are going for Mechanical Engg... M.Eng or MS? Which university?
M.ENG at university of Guelph
You ???

Hello,

You ???

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017 02:24 AM by Vignesh Murugesan.)
07-19-2017 02:24 AM
Mayura11 Offline
Edulix Frequent User

(07-19-2017 02:24 AM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  

Hello,

You ???

Hello,

You ???

yup..same M.Eng in UWaterloo

07-19-2017 02:26 AM
epoxy Offline
Edulix Active Member

I think the ticket should be booked as and when you get a good price since it’s so expensive and the price keeps fluctuating.

University of Calgary
MSc Computer Science - Fall 2017
07-19-2017 05:38 AM
epoxy Offline
Edulix Active Member

Received my decision: Approved! Smile

University of Calgary
07-19-2017 06:07 PM
Edulix Active Member

(07-19-2017 06:07 PM)epoxy Wrote:  Received my decision: Approved! Smile

Congrats.....on getting your visa......

(07-19-2017 06:13 PM)Vignesh Murugesan Wrote:  

When did you apply and what was the processing time and procedures.....

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017 06:15 PM by Vignesh Murugesan.)
07-19-2017 06:13 PM
epoxy Offline
Edulix Active Member

Submitted application on June 6th(paper mode) at Delhi. Medical exam on July 2nd(two weeks after receiving the request for the exam, was busy and out of delhi). Received the decision within the last 24 hours. So it really took almost 6 weeks, probably because of my late medical exam.

University of Calgary
07-19-2017 08:17 PM
Edulix Active Member

(07-19-2017 08:17 PM)epoxy Wrote:  

Submitted application on June 6th(paper mode) at Delhi. Medical exam on July 2nd(two weeks after receiving the request for the exam, was busy and out of delhi). Received the decision within the last 24 hours. So it really took almost 6 weeks, probably because of my late medical exam.
Best of luck on your future endeavors....

07-19-2017 09:29 PM
Edulix Active Member

Hi guys I have been updated that I have passed the medical exam and they are reviewing my eligibility.....so my doubts are how long will it take for them to make a final decision and is there any other step other than this.....pls reply

07-21-2017 10:52 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread