DPoori Offline
New Edulixian

DPoori Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
TU Freiberg TUBAF - applicants 2014-15
Hi Guys,

I have done my Bachelors in Aeronautical Engineering. I got an admission in Freiberg for CMS and also awaiting for the response from two more universities.

I have a couple of questions to get clarified. Hope you will help me on this.

1.What are the job opportunities after graduating from TUBAF?
2. Will CMS be an easy or relevant coarse for me being from an Aeronautical background?
3. CMS contains a lot of theory or problematic papers?

Hope to get a quick reply from you all.
06-06-2017 10:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 478
RE: TU Freiberg TUBAF - applicants 2014-15
Hopefully Edulixians in Germany will reply to this like Rogue. Till then, few points:

1. From what we hear, job opportunities in Germany are good uniformly across many engineering disciplines. Germans have a more diversified economy than other places...

2. As long as you have computational background a good background in materials, I think you will do fine in CMS. Otherwise, take some core materials courses. Numerical analysis methods will be a very useful course or something close to it.

Finally, please update your UniSearch profile with list of universities applied with admission decisions. Very helpful for our community......

thanks,

EE

[Evaluating Only PhD Profiles] || [Evaluation Guidelines] || [UniSuggest for initial list]
06-06-2017 11:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Rogue Offline
Administrator

Rogue Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 6
What you need to understand is these day's a lot of courses are quite interdisciplinary. If you are allowed to choose your own modules (as in the case in some German universities) I would suggest that you tailor your Master program that would be in line with Aeronautics, for instance, choose to pursue modules that is related to Aeronautics.

Since you already have a bachelors in Aeronautical engineering, I am assuming you must have a good computation background. If Materials Science is lacking, follow some modules on them but focus primarily on modules which you think would have direct connections and/or applications in the aerospace industry.

A friend of mine pursued Aerospace Engineering with a focus on Materials Science in TU Delft (she had her bachelors in Aerospace too). But during Masters her focus was on Materials Science. So I would suggest do some research and try to tailor your program according to your needs and relevance.

Now having said that let me tell you that while the program in general would be quite less stressful, certain modules may be more time consuming and intensive than others. Difficult or not, depends on your study habits. A general comment can't be made. To each his own!

As far as job opportunities are concerned, I think with big companies such as Airbus, Rolls Royce, Honeywell, Bombardier and numerous others, you would not be limited by options. Just make sure, you learn enough German by the end of two years that the language doesn't present itself as a barrier to making such job applications. Airbus and Rolls Royce even have Graduate Development Programmes which are organized on a global scale and hence German is not mandatory, but would be of an advantage. Lufthansa also has a similar program, where knowledge of German is important to a certain extend. Apart from the companies in the Aerospace sector, you could as a Computational Materials Scientist perhaps also look at Automobile companies.

Hope this helps.

PhD, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie(HZB)
ChemE|UG internships|Profile|EU Visas
06-12-2017 12:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
DPoori Offline
New Edulixian

DPoori Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
@Rogue Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. This would definitely help me.
I have one more doubt. Please do clarify that.

Is there a possibility to work while studying. If Yes what are jobs I can do while studying so that I can take care of my expenses.

Hope you will reply me.

Thanks.
06-12-2017 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Rogue Offline
Administrator

Rogue Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 6
TU Freiberg TUBAF - applicants 2014-15
As far as I am aware, you can do student jobs in German universities. They are called HiWis. I am not sure what they involve but perhaps @zaraki or @nimbus_2000 can give you a better idea about these HiWis.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

PhD, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie(HZB)
ChemE|UG internships|Profile|EU Visas
06-12-2017 01:41 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread