The Special One

Likes Given: 5
Unisearch: Link
RE: Fall 2018 | MSBA | GRE 318(Q165/V153/AWA 3.0) | GPA 3.66 | TOEFL - N/A
(08-13-2017 07:39 PM)ankitsingh123 Wrote:  Hello,
I am Ankit from India. I would be applying for MBA(Strategy) Fall 18

Below are my credentials:

GRE:324 Quant-165, Verbal-159, AWA-4

1) M.Tech ( Construction technology & Management) - 8.4 CGPA -IIT DELHI (Sponsored)
2) B.E (Electrical Engg-BVM college/Gujarat technological university) - 8.11CPI 3) 12th (Gujarat state board) - 85.00%
4) 10th (Gujarat state board) - 88.71%

Work Ex:

1) Graduate engineer trainee : L&T construction (11 months)
2) Senior design engineer (Electrical) - 13 months
3) Quality management (Electrical) - 2 months
4) Corporate Strategy - 10 months ( as on 01.08.17)
By Fall 2018 I would have around 2 years of work ex in strategy

Achievements :
1) Analyzed changing business scenario & internal capabilities of current company, and formulated a business plan that is likely to bring in business worth 40-50 USD million
2) Led "first of a kind" technology development strategic initiative
3) Selected for a sponsored M.Tech program by current company amongst hundreds of other employees (only 1 from my office)
4) Certification in business accounting basics from Purdue/Edx
5) Runner up in two technical paper presentation competition in inter college Tech fests
6) First in math model making competition (district school level)
7) Extracurricular participation at college level (Quizzes, Volunteering, graphic designing, caricature)

I am hoping to get a full scholarship.
Below is a list of colleges I am thinking to apply. I want to narrow it down to 3-4 colleges
Ambitious: Kelley, Carey, Georgia-Scheller
Moderate: Penn-state SMEAL, Texas A&M, Texas Dallas
Easy: Florida Hough, Georgia Terry, Purdue
STOP THE HIJACK MATE

SK
My Visa Interview ( Especially for People needing Motivation)
I will respond to profile evaluations as per my convenience

+1 Here, If I was helpful to you
08-15-2017 06:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Silent_Killer Away
The Special One

Silent_Killer Away
The Special One

Likes Given: 5
I agree to comments made by fellow admins and evaluators

SK
My Visa Interview ( Especially for People needing Motivation)
I will respond to profile evaluations as per my convenience

+1 Here, If I was helpful to you
08-15-2017 06:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

Likes Given: 118
*Shameless plug begins* OP, have you looked at the MSA program offered by NC State? It was the first such program in the nation, and they have a great and long-standing collaboration with SAS that will be beneficial for trying to get internships/jobs after your MS. *end of plug*

Now that I'm done plugging, I'd recommend you drop Notre Dame and/or SMU from your list, the primary reason being location. While the location shouldn't be your primary factor for choosing the schools on your list, it shouldn't be ignored either because it plays an important part for the career of an international student. For the field you're aiming for, personally, I'd recommend applying to schools primarily in the northeast, PNW (Pacific northwest - meaning Seattle primarily, and then to a lesser extent, Portland), the bay area, SoCal (los Angeles/orange county/Riverside/Anaheim/Irvine more than San Diego) or the research triangle park region in NC (Raleigh-Durham-chapel hill - because SAS is headquartered here and FYI, interesting fact: SAS was founded by an NCSU alumnus). Anyway, if you're interesting in knowing more of my opinions on this matter, go through the posts I've linked to in point #2 below.

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix. Also, before requesting for profile evaluations, please go through this excellent post.

2) Please take some time out to read these three threads in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

I love to read, and then I regurgitate. I write - a lot - as my posts here and on other outlets would show. I do not make apologies for what I write (and how long it is). I do not sugarcoat things either. I don't tolerate vague questions, for any reasons - ignorance arising out of an inability to locate information when the necessary tools to do so (i.e. the internet, libraries, university websites, other forums/bulletin boards, etc.) are readily available, is not any kind of an acceptable excuse.

"Don't be daft." - Ancalagon The Black

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017 12:04 PM by The_Observer.)
08-15-2017 12:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread