Fall 2018| GRE-329(159V 170 Q)|MS|CS|8.33| BITS Pilani
kushagra1067 Offline
New Edulixian

kushagra1067 Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
Fall 2018| GRE-329(159V 170 Q)|MS|CS|8.33| BITS Pilani
Hi, I am a final year undergraduate student. I am planning to apply for MS in CS for fall 2018 .
Specialization in ML / AI

My profile:
College : BITS Pilani
Degree : B.E. Electronics and Communications
CGPA : 8.33
GRE : 329 (Q=170,V=159) AWA : 5
TOEFL: yet to give

Work Exp:
Internships:
Research internships at Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic Research (IGCAR) and IIT Bombay.

No papers published (1 under review in the field of ML/NLP)

Have done 2 projects in Deep Learning, 1 in Augmented Reality, 1 in NLP and 1 in ML.
I can get good recommendations from the HoD of CS dept, IITB prof and 2 profs at BITS.

Could someone suggest some universities in US and Canada for me where I might have a chance of getting an admit?
I have already filled the following 4 during GRE:

Stanford
CMU
GaTech
Rice
09-03-2017 08:10 PM
Find all posts by this user
Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 477
RE: Fall 2018| GRE-329(159V 170 Q)|MS|CS|8.33| BITS Pilani
Great GRE & GPA.

Final list should have 4 ranked; 4 moderate and 2 safe ones.

Will give you safe ones here.
Vanderbilt
SUNY Buffalo
RIT
UNCC

Will give you the moderate lists once you fill out your unisearch profile. I notice this is the third thread we have been asking. This is meant to help the next gen of applicants. Edulix is highly db driven and your data will help. I suppose you believe in that. Please help us help you and others......

cheers,

EE

[Evaluating Only PhD Profiles] || [Evaluation Guidelines] || [UniSuggest for initial list]
09-04-2017 10:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
kushagra1067 Offline
New Edulixian

kushagra1067 Offline
New Edulixian

I think I have filled the unisearch profile to the best of my knowledge. If it is lacking anywhere please do let me know.

Regards,
kushagra1067
(09-04-2017 10:36 PM)Edulix_Editor Wrote:  Great GRE & GPA.

Final list should have 4 ranked; 4 moderate and 2 safe ones.

Will give you safe ones here.
Vanderbilt
SUNY Buffalo
RIT
UNCC

Will give you the moderate lists once you fill out your unisearch profile. I notice this is the third thread we have been asking. This is meant to help the next gen of applicants. Edulix is highly db driven and your data will help. I suppose you believe in that. Please help us help you and others......

cheers,

EE
09-07-2017 09:40 PM
The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

The_Observer Away

Likes Given: 118
Why don't you look around other threads here, dig around a little in the UniSearch system, research a few universities' programs and research happenings in your field of interest, and then give us an initial list? I mean, you're applying to grad school, you're expected to do the legwork on your own. Don't take this the wrong way, we're more than happy to help you when you need it, but all this initial stuff is something you as an applicant is supposed to do. We can and will guide you all you need, but you have to be able to help yourself, especially if things are easily accessible on the web.

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix. Also, before requesting for profile evaluations, please go through this excellent post.

2) Please take some time out to read these three threads in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

I love to read, and then I regurgitate. I write - a lot - as my posts here and on other outlets would show. I do not make apologies for what I write (and how long it is). I do not sugarcoat things either. I don't tolerate vague questions, for any reasons - ignorance arising out of an inability to locate information when the necessary tools to do so (i.e. the internet, libraries, university websites, other forums/bulletin boards, etc.) are readily available, is not any kind of an acceptable excuse.

"Don't be daft." - Ancalagon The Black

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
09-07-2017 10:03 PM
kushagra1067 Offline
New Edulixian

kushagra1067 Offline
New Edulixian

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot. I will do the needful

Regards,
kushagra1067
(09-07-2017 10:03 PM)The_Observer Wrote:  Why don't you look around other threads here, dig around a little in the UniSearch system, research a few universities' programs and research happenings in your field of interest, and then give us an initial list? I mean, you're applying to grad school, you're expected to do the legwork on your own. Don't take this the wrong way, we're more than happy to help you when you need it, but all this initial stuff is something you as an applicant is supposed to do. We can and will guide you all you need, but you have to be able to help yourself, especially if things are easily accessible on the web.
09-07-2017 10:36 PM
gurkanwals Offline
Edulix Senior Member

gurkanwals Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Likes Given: 2
Completely agreed to what The_Observer said above. Do your legwork. Create a detailed profile post, and then we'll be more than happy to evaluate.

This goes for anyone who stumbles upon this thread. Move your asses.

Gurkanwal's Infobank
MS in CS [ML/DS] Fall 2017!
UCSD| UMass | UPenn | UMN | NCSU | CU-Boulder | UTA | CMU | UCLA | Gatech | U. Waterloo

My own profile evaluation
General Suggestions
+Rep if the post helped!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
09-08-2017 12:07 AM
The_Observer Away

The_Observer Away

Likes Given: 118
Since the OP has created a new profile eval thread here, I'm closing this one.

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix. Also, before requesting for profile evaluations, please go through this excellent post.

2) Please take some time out to read these three threads in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

I love to read, and then I regurgitate. I write - a lot - as my posts here and on other outlets would show. I do not make apologies for what I write (and how long it is). I do not sugarcoat things either. I don't tolerate vague questions, for any reasons - ignorance arising out of an inability to locate information when the necessary tools to do so (i.e. the internet, libraries, university websites, other forums/bulletin boards, etc.) are readily available, is not any kind of an acceptable excuse.

"Don't be daft." - Ancalagon The Black

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
09-12-2017 09:01 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread