Chat
Blog
Grad Studies
About Us
About Edulix

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fall 2018 | MS | CS | GRE 315(Q-161,V154,AWA-3.5)|TOEFL 115| GPA 8.01|MIT Manipal
aishwarya22222 Offline
New Edulixian

aishwarya22222 Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
Fall 2018 | MS | CS | GRE 315(Q-161,V154,AWA-3.5)|TOEFL 115| GPA 8.01|MIT Manipal
Hello everyone,

Below is my profile and a list of universities that I've come up with(ranging from ambi-safe)
Would like to know if I need to make any modifications to the list.

PROFILE-
GRE:315(Q:161,V:154,AWA:3.5)
TOEFL:115
GPA:8.01

Work Experience:
-Currently 1 year and 3 months at SAP Labs India

Internships-
-1 month internship at Polaris FT
-6 month internship at Honeywell

MOOCs:
Machine learning course on Coursera by Andrew Ng

More information on my profile at the infobank: http://www.edulix.com/unisearch/user.php?uid=334745

I'm interested in Ms in CS with my electives centered around ML/AI. Also, money would be a constraint so please don't suggest universities with a very high tuition fee.(Ex-USC)

LIST OF UNIVERSITIES:
(It ranges from ambi-safe)

1.Gatech
2.TAMU
3.North Carolina State Uni
4.ASU
5.SJSU

Please let me know if I can add any more universities to the list. May be some university that is moderate for my profile?

Thanks in advance Smile
09-09-2017 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

The_Observer Away

Likes Given: 118
RE: Fall 2018 | MS | CS | GRE 315(Q-161,V154,AWA-3.5)|TOEFL 115| GPA 8.01|MIT Manipal
I'd drop TAMU and NCSU from your list; TAMU because it might be too ambi and NCSU because there's not a whole lot of research in AI here from what I know. Pick better schools. How many schools overall are you planning to apply to?

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix. Also, before requesting for profile evaluations, please go through this excellent post.

2) Please take some time out to read this and this thread in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

"Don't be daft." - Ancalagon The Black

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
09-09-2017 07:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
aishwarya22222 Offline
New Edulixian

aishwarya22222 Offline
New Edulixian

RE: Fall 2018 | MS | CS | GRE 315(Q-161,V154,AWA-3.5)|TOEFL 115| GPA 8.01|MIT Manipal
(09-09-2017 07:25 PM)The_Observer Wrote:  I'd drop TAMU and NCSU from your list; TAMU because it might be too ambi and NCSU because there's not a whole lot of research in AI here from what I know. Pick better schools. How many schools overall are you planning to apply to?

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I'm planning to apply to 5 or 6 universities at the most.
I read up about a lot of universities and everything seems to be ambitious for my profile. I'm finding it a bit difficult to judge as to what would be suitable for my profile and interests.

Should I add UMass Amherst or would you recommend any other universities?
09-10-2017 07:07 PM
The_Observer Away

The_Observer Away

Likes Given: 118
No, I wouldn't recommend UMass. For your profile, I'd suggest Rutgers, UMN, Iowa state, Wisconsin, Univ of Rochester, UB, UC Davis for mod and ambi schools, and then ASU, SJSU, IUB as safe ones.

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix. Also, before requesting for profile evaluations, please go through this excellent post.

2) Please take some time out to read this and this thread in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

"Don't be daft." - Ancalagon The Black

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
09-10-2017 09:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
aishwarya22222 Offline
New Edulixian

aishwarya22222 Offline
New Edulixian

Okay
Thank you for your help Smile
09-11-2017 01:19 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread