Fall 2018 | MS | EE | G.R.E 328 (Q-168/V-160) | CGPA 6 | TOEFL 105| MU
Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
Fall 2018 | MS | EE | G.R.E 328 (Q-168/V-160) | CGPA 6 | TOEFL 105| MU
Hello people I am applying for EE (vlsi domain)
universities shortlisted:
Uc Boulder
IIT Chicago
UW-Madison
ASU
University Of Maryland Collge Park
Purdue
UIUC
Ut dallas
TAMU
Could you please estimate my chances of getting into these universities:
University of california irvine
a)Academics:
Undergrad: 6 /10(MU)
Toppers cgpa:9.8/10
gre:328(Q-168 V-160 AWA-4.5)
Toefl:105
Work experience:0

b)Technical Proficiency:
• Software: Keil IDE, PSoC Creator IDE, ARM Mbed IDE, Memory Mapped Register Programming(Basic), Embedded C (Intermediate), Xilinx
• Hardware: ARM Cortex(M0), Programmable System On Chip(PSOC(PSOC4)), ADC, Serial, IOT(Basic), Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE) (Basic), Accelerometer, LDR, Spartan 3E Field Programming Gate Array(FPGA) Development Board.

c)In Courses/Certification Section:
• Summer Industrial Training(SIT) In Embedded systems in eduvance (20 days-July 2015)
o Arm university Program Certificate In efficient Embedded Systems Design by Eduvance
o Cypress Semiconductors University Alliance Certificate by Eduvance
• Front End Vlsi FPGA Design Course (3 Months August 2015)
o Arm university Program Certificate In Efficient FPGA Design by Eduvance
o Cypress Semiconductors University Alliance Certificate by Eduvance
 are allowed.)
 Programming for Everybody (getting started with python)( Url: https://www.coursera.org/account/accompl...MLLREG7L4)
 The Arduino Platform and C Programming (Url: https://www.coursera.org/account/accompl...5QZ6CNC72)

d)Award(s)/ Achievement(s) / Post(s) of Responsibilities:
 General Manger In E-Cell (a college student body)
 Assistant Secretary In E-Cell (a college student body)

e)In your projects section:
Using arm mbed (platform-FRDM KL25Z)
• Lux Meter:
Built a calibrated LUX Meter to display the values of lux on a 16x2 LCD.
• Gesture Controlled USB Mouse:
Used the on board accelerometer (Freescale MMA8451Q) and capacitive sensor API of MBED and developed a mouse that changes the sensitivity as per the user's input.
• Mini Data Acquisition System:
Built a mini data acquisition and logging system and plotted the output data using the brays terminal.
• IOT Sensor Node:
Implemented a sensor node that could sense data from any connected source and transmit it over an Ethernet interface to a Sparkfun Phant Server/Thingspeak.com

Using Cypress Programmable System On Chip(SOC):
• Multi-Channel Data Acquisition System:
Built a Multi-Channel Data Acquisition (with variable resolution) and logging System using serial communication and plotted the output data on the brays terminal.
• Custom Home Automation Controller Using PSOC Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE):
Designed a custom BLE profile to control various digital appliances using the given android application.
Using Xilinx ISE:
• Counters and Clock Dividers:
The parametrized counter was designed and frequency division was done using the clock divider.
• Multiplexed Seven Segment Displays(SSD):
Four SSD were multiplexed to design a counter which counts from 0 to 9999. Clock divider was used to display data on the four segments simultaneously
• Barrel shifter:
A 4 Bit barrel shifter was designed to rotate or shift the input number to the left or right direction as per the input of the user
• Pipelined Ripple Carry Adder:
A pipelined Ripple Carry Adder was designed and the effect of pipelining was studied by comparing the worst case delay of a Pipelined Ripple carry Adder with the normal Adder.
Candy Vending Machine:
A Finite State Machine (FSM) was designed so as to dispense the candy as per the input of the user. The control path of the same was designed using the mealy FSM approach.
• Memory Design Using The FPGA:
Sequential and combinational ROM was designed to perform operations like driving a SSD and squaring a number using the lookup table method.

f)Major Project: Biometric smart attendance system using fingerprint sensor: In this project we had made a biometric attendance system using raspberry pi-3 and used a gsm module to send sms and email to the registered email-id and mobile number of the parents in case if the students were in defaualters list.

I am also in the process of completing a vlsi course from the uiuc on coursera and the digital electronics course and the python programming course from mit on the coursera and edx sites respectively
TIA.

Tagging Seniors:kevinjohson
bobrock
@[pacific]
astrogal
@[pavanjami13]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 08:41 AM by Hozefa.95s.)
09-25-2017 08:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

The_Observer Away

Likes Given: 118
RE: Profile evaluation
Where were your research papers published? Please give us the links.

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix. Also, before requesting for profile evaluations, please go through this excellent post.

2) Please take some time out to read these three threads in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

I love to read, and then I regurgitate. I write - a lot - as my posts here and on other outlets would show. I do not make apologies for what I write (and how long it is). I do not sugarcoat things either. I don't tolerate vague questions, for any reasons - ignorance arising out of an inability to locate information when the necessary tools to do so (i.e. the internet, libraries, university websites, other forums/bulletin boards, etc.) are readily available, is not any kind of an acceptable excuse.

"Don't be daft." - Ancalagon The Black

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
09-26-2017 12:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

RE: Profile evaluation
(09-26-2017 12:04 AM)The_Observer Wrote:  Where were your research papers published? Please give us the links.

Hello, I have made the changes as per you instructed and the same reflects on ky UniSeaech profile
Now, can I expect help from your side
Note: I cannot find the links to my publications and hence I have removed it from my post and the UniSearch profile also.

09-26-2017 09:50 AM
Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

RE: Fall 2018 | MS | EE | G.R.E 328 (Q-168/V-160) | CGPA 6 | TOEFL 105| MU

09-27-2017 07:31 PM
The_Observer Away

The_Observer Away

Thanks for the information. You should know something at this point. Here on Edulix, we're not counsellors. You don't pay us to do the legwork for you. What that means, is that here on Edulix, we expect you to come up with your initial list, for yourself. Go through rankings as well as other threads here on Edulix, and come up with a set of names. Next, for each university you see, go through the program and department website, and see what courses are offered and what research is being conducted. If you like the course offerings and research being undertaken in a given university, keep it on your initial list; if not, don't. That's how you make your initial list. Then give us that list here, for us to evaluate. We can only guesstimate your chances of getting into a given school, but we cannot decide if a program is suitable for you to apply to.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us, but do start doing your homework on universities on your own.

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix. Also, before requesting for profile evaluations, please go through this excellent post.

2) Please take some time out to read these three threads in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

I love to read, and then I regurgitate. I write - a lot - as my posts here and on other outlets would show. I do not make apologies for what I write (and how long it is). I do not sugarcoat things either. I don't tolerate vague questions, for any reasons - ignorance arising out of an inability to locate information when the necessary tools to do so (i.e. the internet, libraries, university websites, other forums/bulletin boards, etc.) are readily available, is not any kind of an acceptable excuse.

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
09-27-2017 09:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Tagging seniors:
Tagging Seniors:kevinjohson
bobrock
astrogal
Edulix_Editor
The_Observer

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 12:41 PM by Hozefa.95s.)
10-01-2017 12:39 PM
Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Tagging more seniors:
ashwinshirsat7
evisvas
jules20

10-01-2017 09:17 PM
Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Tagginh seniors
kevinjohson
The_Observer

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 09:06 AM by Hozefa.95s.)
10-06-2017 08:59 AM
The_Observer Away

The_Observer Away

Hozefa.95s: Sorry for the late response. Here is the eval:

Uc Boulder - mod
IIT Chicago - mod-safe
UW-Madison - ambi
ASU - mod
University Of Maryland Collge Park - ambi
Purdue - drop, too ambitious
UIUC - drop, too ambitious
Ut dallas - safe
TAMU - ambi

Add UB, CU Boulder, Rutgers, UMN, Iowa State, UWisc to your list.

11-22-2017 05:54 AM
Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

What about UCLA, Uc Berkley and Caltech?

12-08-2017 12:24 AM
The_Observer Away

The_Observer Away

If you don't have good research publications in well-known places, I'd suggest not applying to Berkeley and CalTech. UCLA would be ambitious.

12-08-2017 03:51 AM
Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Hozefa.95s Offline
Edulix Active Member

Okay thanks. What about carnegie mellon is it giid. If yes do i have chaances and hence should i think of applying?

12-10-2017 11:14 AM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread