Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Edulix_Editor Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 474
Unisearch: Link
Late Millenia Edulixians and their Communication Platforms
Hi All:

I just thought of sharing this observation of mine regarding what we see as a shift in the taste of communication platform of our Millenia Edulixians (especially, the late Millenias born after 1995 or so).

It used to be that most Edulixians of the 2000s used to hang out on now defunct platforms like Orkut. As most folks outside India moved to FB, our brothers and sisters in India were skeptical and watched on the sidelines for almost 2-3 years. Skype was popular and most folks prepared it as a vehicle of communication. I remember conference calls with India with Skype as a method of choice.

It was only 3-4 years ago that we saw most people finally moving to FB and WhatsApp. It was almost an overnight conversion. WhatsApp Groups were popping up everywhere and everyday. It ate our traffic! Instagram and Snapchat - as far as we can tell - don't jell well with Edulix type of topics. Or, we think.....What is the point in having animated 'ranked and ambitious' list? Or under Kashmir hue color filter?

Telegram remains a favorite only if you want to go to visa black-listed programs like Fairleigh Dickinson, American State University, and what Eddie Murphy called as "University of the United States" where GRE of 280 will get you admission! Don't expect to find any of our seniors in this shady platform if you want good advice. Our competitors (no need to mention names but counsellors and the other guys with name that rhymes with pocket) may hang out there....No proof; but we suspect.....

Now in 2017, interest in FB seems to have kind of plateaued. WhatsApp still is a favorite to our new Edulixians. But how do we get to the vast majority of these folks? Some of the senior members of Edulix have been puzzling about this for sometime. It is slowly becoming clear that our newbies are the 'modern nomads' (I say to with respect). They have a fluid presence, at one App and all Apps at the same time. Is that the model for the future that we have to prepare ourselves for?

We shall see.......

cheers,

EE

[Evaluating Only PhD Profiles] || [Evaluation Guidelines] || [UniSuggest for initial list]
10-12-2017 01:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread