New Edulixian

vishhh11 Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 2
Unisearch: Link
Fall 2018 | MIS | G.R.E 323 (Q-165/V-158) | TOEFL 104 | Work Exp: 6.2 years
Hi Edulixians,

BE Electronics (Mumbai University) - 63.98%
MMS Finance (Mumbai University)- grade A (CGPA - 5.84/7)
 Cleared CFA Level 1
 Cleared RABQSA Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
 Foundation of Business Analysis
 CCNA and Red Hat Linux course at S.P.I.T
 Attended Robotics workshop

Work Exp: Total of 6years, 2 months (till date)
1)
Capgemini - 2year and 3months and counting
Designation: Consultant
Job Description: Transition Manager
• Responsible for Transition planning and execution that includes- Governance, Knowledge transfer, Service take-on
• Evaluate, Analyze and Respond to RFPs and RFIs
• Stakeholder Management - Support the sales & account team in business development & strategic account management
• Formulate IT delivery models like Managed Services, Managed Outcome or Staff Augmentation
• Designed response documents and artifacts for client presentation and orals

2)
Appsconnect Technologies Pvt Ltd. - 2 years
Designation: Design Engineer II
Job Description: Designing and Verifying SOCs
 Responsible for planning, designing and execution of the verification environment and chip design
 Handled major national client in defense industry

3)
G&B Mfg. Co. Ltd. - 1 year and 5 months
Designation: Sr. Executive
Job Description: Embedded and GUI Development and Electronics System Evaluation
 Embedded Programmer: Develop Firmware for Standalone Alarm System, Networkable Alarm System using C language.
 Hardware Designing: Design hardware for Alarm systems, Access Control Systems, and power supply.
 Project Management: Installation of BMS system, Alarm systems.
 New Product Evaluation: Test New Product viz. Palm Scan module, Wireless Alarm systems, Currency Counting Machines.

Summer Internship during MBA
E&Y - 2 months
 Performed Competition Benchmarking and Financial Modeling for Transaction Advisory
 Market and Industry Analysis on companies pertaining to different sectors
 Performed Primary and Secondary research for market analysis of the client
 Analyzed Financial Statements of client and its 5 best competitors
 Performed Scenario Analysis

Additional Internships:
 Off summer Internship with Acumen Consulting, responsible for primary market research
 Off summer internship with Bombay Store for Mass Hiring
 Off summer internship with Housing.com, responsible for strategy development, product development for Land division

Academic Projects:
 Financial modeling of ‘JSW Steel’ , Accenture to understand financial performance of the company and the steel sector in India
 Research report on “Role of Urban Co-operative Banks in Financial Inclusion in India” as a part of academic project
 Designed “Path Finding Robot” using image processing as part of final year engineering

I am hoping to get a better profile as a Consultant or Analyst role. Also I lack the IT knowledge (such as DB). But I need some suggestions on selecting MIS as a MS major.
I am considering following Universities:

1) CMU - MISM
2) UCB - MIMS
3) TAMU - MIS
4) UMCP - MIS
5) Syracuse - MIS
6) NEU - MIS
7) UOA - Eller
8) SUNY B

Please suggest if I stand a chance in getting any of above universities for MIS. And I have been reading in other threads that MIS jobs are also targeted by other majors like CS, ECE if they have relevant experience.
How do I stand a chance here? No doubt I will be slogging to make most in the MS graduation but during Job and Internship application do I stand chance in front of freshers with IT/CS UG and people with relevant exp such as BA/DS/IT domain?

If my profile can be considered for MIS then should I only target top univ like (CMU, TAMU, UMCP, UCB)?

Hi
@The_Observer
@Wildwayfarer
@maddy1621
@MSmaverick
@godsgrace

Need your valuable inputs.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 02:23 AM by vishhh11.)
12-01-2017 02:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
vishhh11 Offline
New Edulixian

vishhh11 Offline
New Edulixian

RE: Fall 2018 | MIS | G.R.E 323 (Q-165/V-158) | TOEFL 104 | Work Exp: 6.2 years
12-01-2017 02:25 AM
prith24 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

prith24 Offline
Edulix Senior Member

Likes Given: 0
(12-01-2017 02:20 AM)vishhh11 Wrote:  Hi Edulixians,

BE Electronics (Mumbai University) - 63.98%
MMS Finance (Mumbai University)- grade A (CGPA - 5.84/7)
 Cleared CFA Level 1
 Cleared RABQSA Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
 Foundation of Business Analysis
 CCNA and Red Hat Linux course at S.P.I.T
 Attended Robotics workshop

Work Exp: Total of 6years, 2 months (till date)
1)
Capgemini - 2year and 3months and counting
Designation: Consultant
Job Description: Transition Manager
• Responsible for Transition planning and execution that includes- Governance, Knowledge transfer, Service take-on
• Evaluate, Analyze and Respond to RFPs and RFIs
• Stakeholder Management - Support the sales & account team in business development & strategic account management
• Formulate IT delivery models like Managed Services, Managed Outcome or Staff Augmentation
• Designed response documents and artifacts for client presentation and orals

2)
Appsconnect Technologies Pvt Ltd. - 2 years
Designation: Design Engineer II
Job Description: Designing and Verifying SOCs
 Responsible for planning, designing and execution of the verification environment and chip design
 Handled major national client in defense industry

3)
G&B Mfg. Co. Ltd. - 1 year and 5 months
Designation: Sr. Executive
Job Description: Embedded and GUI Development and Electronics System Evaluation
 Embedded Programmer: Develop Firmware for Standalone Alarm System, Networkable Alarm System using C language.
 Hardware Designing: Design hardware for Alarm systems, Access Control Systems, and power supply.
 Project Management: Installation of BMS system, Alarm systems.
 New Product Evaluation: Test New Product viz. Palm Scan module, Wireless Alarm systems, Currency Counting Machines.

Summer Internship during MBA
E&Y - 2 months
 Performed Competition Benchmarking and Financial Modeling for Transaction Advisory
 Market and Industry Analysis on companies pertaining to different sectors
 Performed Primary and Secondary research for market analysis of the client
 Analyzed Financial Statements of client and its 5 best competitors
 Performed Scenario Analysis

Additional Internships:
 Off summer Internship with Acumen Consulting, responsible for primary market research
 Off summer internship with Bombay Store for Mass Hiring
 Off summer internship with Housing.com, responsible for strategy development, product development for Land division

Academic Projects:
 Financial modeling of ‘JSW Steel’ , Accenture to understand financial performance of the company and the steel sector in India
 Research report on “Role of Urban Co-operative Banks in Financial Inclusion in India” as a part of academic project
 Designed “Path Finding Robot” using image processing as part of final year engineering

I am hoping to get a better profile as a Consultant or Analyst role. Also I lack the IT knowledge (such as DB). But I need some suggestions on selecting MIS as a MS major.
I am considering following Universities:

1) CMU - MISM
2) UCB - MIMS
3) TAMU - MIS
4) UMCP - MIS
5) Syracuse - MIS
6) NEU - MIS
7) UOA - Eller
8) SUNY B

Please suggest if I stand a chance in getting any of above universities for MIS. And I have been reading in other threads that MIS jobs are also targeted by other majors like CS, ECE if they have relevant experience.
How do I stand a chance here? No doubt I will be slogging to make most in the MS graduation but during Job and Internship application do I stand chance in front of freshers with IT/CS UG and people with relevant exp such as BA/DS/IT domain?

If my profile can be considered for MIS then should I only target top univ like (CMU, TAMU, UMCP, UCB)?

Hi
@The_Observer
@Wildwayfarer
@maddy1621
@MSmaverick
@godsgrace

Need your valuable inputs.

1) CMU - MISM - Mod-Ambi
2) UCB - MIMS - Ambi
3) TAMU - MIS - Safe
4) UMCP - MIS - Safe
5) Syracuse - MIS - Safe
6) NEU - MIS - Safe
7) UOA - Eller - Safe
8) SUNY B - Safe

12-01-2017 02:18 PM
The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

The_Observer Away

Likes Given: 118
Quote:Please suggest if I stand a chance in getting any of above universities for MIS.

Yes. Look at the above post. Apart from TAMU which I personally think would be more towards a mod, I'd go with the eval you've been given above.

Quote:And I have been reading in other threads that MIS jobs are also targeted by other majors like CS, ECE if they have relevant experience.

Yes you do. By picking up the right courses during your MS and doing projects in them that are relevant to what you want to do later, you'll be telling employers that you have the relevant skills they need. Two things here that you need to be aware about: once you complete your MS, nobody would care about what you did your UG in; your MS - by which I mean the transferable skills you learn in them, and not the name of the program itself - takes precedence. You not having relevant BA/DS experience might put you a little behind folks who do, but there are ways to get around it. For one thing, you have a lot of experience, in general, which does come in handy somewhere - even though you might not have domain specific experience, the fact that you've worked in industry for so long and done so many different things does add a different dimension to your profile. And on top of that, like I said earlier, domain specific knowledge and experience can and should be obtained through projects and courses during your MS. That might not be as good as direct experience in the field but it's better than nothing and it's a good combo to have - personally I'd rather hire someone with broad general work experience in industry but little domain specific experience over a fresher with little to no domain specific experience.

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix. Also, before requesting for profile evaluations, please go through this excellent post.

2) Please take some time out to read these three threads in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

I love to read, and then I regurgitate. I write - a lot - as my posts here and on other outlets would show. I do not make apologies for what I write (and how long it is). I do not sugarcoat things either. I don't tolerate vague questions, for any reasons - ignorance arising out of an inability to locate information when the necessary tools to do so (i.e. the internet, libraries, university websites, other forums/bulletin boards, etc.) are readily available, is not any kind of an acceptable excuse.

"Don't be daft." - Ancalagon The Black

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
12-01-2017 05:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
vishhh11 Offline
New Edulixian

vishhh11 Offline
New Edulixian

Thanks prith24 for the feasibility and thanks The_Observer for motivation.

Going a step further,
If I have to choose between IT consultation, Project Management And Analyst concentration, which one can be most suitable for my profile?

I want to make most of the MMS degree and experience I have gathered which has been non-technical since MMS.
12-02-2017 12:43 AM
The_Observer Away

The_Observer Away

Likes Given: 118
Quote:If I have to choose between IT consultation, Project Management And Analyst concentration, which one can be most suitable for my profile?

You're the best person to judge that, based on your skills and inclination.

I want to make most of the MMS degree and experience I have gathered which has been non-technical since MMS.

If you want my honest opinion, if you want to get away from a technical job, don't do an MS in MIS. An MS in MIS is not an MBA, and it will not position you for non-technical jobs. At most, there will be a functional component to a job you get after an MS in MIS, but it won't be a non-technical role as such.

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix. Also, before requesting for profile evaluations, please go through this excellent post.

2) Please take some time out to read these three threads in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

I love to read, and then I regurgitate. I write - a lot - as my posts here and on other outlets would show. I do not make apologies for what I write (and how long it is). I do not sugarcoat things either. I don't tolerate vague questions, for any reasons - ignorance arising out of an inability to locate information when the necessary tools to do so (i.e. the internet, libraries, university websites, other forums/bulletin boards, etc.) are readily available, is not any kind of an acceptable excuse.

"Don't be daft." - Ancalagon The Black

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 03:02 AM by The_Observer.)
12-02-2017 03:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
vishhh11 Offline
New Edulixian

vishhh11 Offline
New Edulixian

(12-02-2017 03:01 AM)The_Observer Wrote:  
Quote:If I have to choose between IT consultation, Project Management And Analyst concentration, which one can be most suitable for my profile?

You're the best person to judge that, based on your skills and inclination.

If you want my honest opinion, if you want to get away from a technical job, don't do an MS in MIS. An MS in MIS is not an MBA, and it will not position you for non-technical jobs. At most, there will be a functional component to a job you get after an MS in MIS, but it won't be a non-technical role as such.
Actually I am want some technical inclination .... As i am not happy with a complete nontechnical role. And my motive of doing MS is getting back to technical domain which has always been my forte.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
12-02-2017 03:07 AM
maddy1621 Offline

maddy1621 Offline

Likes Given: 0
1) CMU - MISM - MOD
2) UCB - MIMS - AMBI
3) TAMU - MIS - MOD (GOOD CHANCES FOR ADMIT THOUGH)
4) UMCP - MIS - It has MSBIS (SAFE MOD) AND IM (SAFE) )
5) Syracuse - MIS - It has IM not MIS. SAFE
6) NEU - MIS SAFE. DROP
7) UOA - Eller. MOD
8) SUNY - SAFE MOD (Would have been safe have you applied by priority or first deadline)

I will suggest include UCinn, UTAustin (Not sure of deadline).
As a very safe bet have UIC. Scope for funding.

Fall 2015 | OkState | MIS
Profile Evaluation Guide

MIS Mega Sticky
Rate me if i was helpful!!
Skype Guidance Sessions
I am responsible for what I say.Not what you understand.
12-05-2017 05:30 AM
MSmaverick Offline
Administrator

MSmaverick Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 3
vishhh11

Congrats on your scores Smile

There is nothing else I can add to the discussion. All the best, my friend Very Happy

Short bytes - Important guidelines in one line or less | Unisuggest | Profile evaluators

Reputation If my advice helped you, rep me.

UT Austin | UHMC | UTD | USF | CSU

Everyone has an opinion, but no one has a guarantee.
12-09-2017 09:08 AM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread