Chat
Blog
Grad Studies
About Us
About Edulix

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to wear after my flight lands in chilly rochester?
shashi_ Offline
Edulix Frequent User

shashi_ Offline
Edulix Frequent User

Likes Given: 1
Unisearch: Link
What to wear after my flight lands in chilly rochester?
Hello all,

I will be going to rochester this spring and I have a question bugging me since I've got the admission. Rochester is a very cold place, so I have to wear some sort of winter clothing after I get down at airport, until I can buy the winter wear there. (as everyone is suggesting winter gear is best at USA). So what should I be wearing to fight the subzero temperatures I will be experiencing for the first time in my life? Very Happy
Specifically, what can I buy here in India which might help me? Please help me out guys!
12-01-2017 05:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

The_Observer Away
Airport Layover Consultant

Likes Given: 118
Unisearch: Link
RE: What to wear after my flight lands in chilly rochester?
Layer up! You'll get better winter clothing here, but carry at least something from India. For example, you get decent thermal underwear in India. Carry a couple of sets of that. Wear that as your base layer, then a t-shirt on top, then a full sleeved shirt on top of it (preferably something like flannel if possible). Top it up with a sweatshirt/hoodie and then a jacket. Don't forget the gloves, thermal/woollen socks and something that covers your ears and you'll be fine. Also using a scarf, preferably a woolen one, is a good idea, in order to cover your neck.

P.S.: The above winter dressing tips go for the ladies as well. Just one thing to know about the cold, for both genders: you'll feel the bite of the cold even more if any part of your face - especially your ears - are directly exposed to the wind. So, if any of you wear those long dangling or large earrings which force your earlobes to be uncovered - for your own sakes, don't wear them in the winters up north.

1) Please mention as many details as possible about your academics, research and work-ex, in terms of projects worked on, technologies used, roles/responsibilities handled, papers published/presented, awards/honors obtained, etc. All those have to be put in the misc details section of your UniSearch profile if you expect any help on Edulix. Also, before requesting for profile evaluations, please go through this excellent post.

2) Please take some time out to read these three threads in their entirety. PLEASE do that before asking questions about universities from a comparison perspective, or jobs, or coursework, or H-1B visas, or "placements", irrespective of which univ/department/program/major you're applying to.

I love to read, and then I regurgitate. I write - a lot - as my posts here and on other outlets would show. I do not make apologies for what I write (and how long it is). I do not sugarcoat things either. I don't tolerate vague questions, for any reasons - ignorance arising out of an inability to locate information when the necessary tools to do so (i.e. the internet, libraries, university websites, other forums/bulletin boards, etc.) are readily available, is not any kind of an acceptable excuse.

"Don't be daft." - Ancalagon The Black

"With the exchange rate where it is now, it should be a strong deterrent against picking a slightly better program for a lot more tuition fees." - coolguru
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 10:57 PM by The_Observer.)
12-01-2017 05:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread