nitinimage Offline
New Edulixian

nitinimage Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 0
Unisearch: Link
MS after 8+ yrs of work exp
Hi everyone
I am new here and would appreciate any inputs.

My Brief profile -
B.Tech EE - IITR
CGPA - 7.748/10
Work Exp: 8+ yrs in NTPC, largest Energy company in India
GRE - (168 Q, 160 V, AWA 5.0)
no research publication

I have worked as Electrical Engineer in Coal, Gas and Solar plants in India and later moved to Energy Informatics. The projects I worked at involved predictive analytics, stochastic optimization and using data analytics for Solar forecasting.
My interests lie in Smart Inverter Algorithms for Grid Stability and solving intermittancy issues for Renewable Energy using AI/ML.

I am considering to apply for MS CS as I am interested in the algorithm/software part more than the hardware part. But I have some doubts -

1. Since my undergrad is in EE and most of my industry experience is related to EE and only some related to CS. Based on my interests I am trying to switch from EE to CS. How feasible is that especially after 8+ yrs of work exp ?

2. I am 30 and generally people apply early for MS. Am I too late ? and how does this impact my application ?

3. Will my relatively large work experience be valued or will it weaken my application?

4. Will it be prudent to apply for MS EE and then try to switch to CS or should I directly apply for MS CS ?

Feel free to share your views. I will appreciate any input / suggestion.
Thanks.
03-09-2018 04:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread