Amit1996 Offline
New Edulixian

Amit1996 Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 2
Unisearch: Link
UMCP MSIS vs Syracuse MSIM
Hello Seniors!
I have admits from Syracuse MSIM and UMCP MSIS. I am having trouble selecting one from these two. I will try to summarize reviews I got from seniors of both universities.

UMCP MSIS(Robert Smith School of Biz)
1.Although the university and their biz school is very reputed, seniors have told me that its hard to find jobs there mainly due to location of D.C. Some said that the location isn't much of an issue and its as close to NYC as Syracuse. I have also got negative reviews about the office of career services.
2.The course is rigid and the studies are hectic. Despite this, they end up having jobs at par with Syracuse grads.
3.The course duration is 16 months. I have no prior work experience. Will a longer program be beneficial?
4. On campus jobs hard to find.

Syracuse MSIM
1. The iSchool is highly reputed, but not the university as a whole. Seniors have told me that everyone finds internships and jobs with comparatively less hustle.
2. Although highly reputed, students with low GRE like 300 have got admits.(My GRE 320). I don't know if this matters, but one particular senior told me that students at UMCP will bag better salaries and better job positions and they have better student quality.
3. Course is 24 months and studies are not hectic. More electives and flexibility available.
4. On campus jobs easily available.

My main concern is job prospects after graduation. Please help me make an informed choice between these two!
acr
Wildwayfarer
The_Observer
maddy1621
Silent_Killer
03-23-2018 08:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Amit1996 Offline
New Edulixian

Amit1996 Offline
New Edulixian

Likes Given: 2
Unisearch: Link
RE: UMCP MSIS vs Syracuse MSIM
(03-23-2018 08:58 PM)Amit1996 Wrote:  Hello Seniors!
I have admits from Syracuse MSIM and UMCP MSIS. I am having trouble selecting one from these two. I will try to summarize reviews I got from seniors of both universities.

UMCP MSIS(Robert Smith School of Biz)
1.Although the university and their biz school is very reputed, seniors have told me that its hard to find jobs there mainly due to location of D.C. Some said that the location isn't much of an issue and its as close to NYC as Syracuse. I have also got negative reviews about the office of career services.
2.The course is rigid and the studies are hectic. Despite this, they end up having jobs at par with Syracuse grads.
3.The course duration is 16 months. I have no prior work experience. Will a longer program be beneficial?
4. On campus jobs hard to find.

Syracuse MSIM
1. The iSchool is highly reputed, but not the university as a whole. Seniors have told me that everyone finds internships and jobs with comparatively less hustle.
2. Although highly reputed, students with low GRE like 300 have got admits.(My GRE 320). I don't know if this matters, but one particular senior told me that students at UMCP will bag better salaries and better job positions and they have better student quality.
3. Course is 24 months and studies are not hectic. More electives and flexibility available.
4. On campus jobs easily available.

My main concern is job prospects after graduation. Please help me make an informed choice between these two!
@[acr]
@[Wildwayfarer]
@[The_Observer]
@[maddy1621]
@[Silent_Killer]

sidatacn Can you help me out?
03-25-2018 12:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend